Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Doubt she wants to go south. My prediction has been a return to seven *separate* kingdoms after the dragons are gone.
    Federalism!

Winterfell's Wexit.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
      Anybody else concerned about (or hoping for) zombie Ned Stark coming to life in the crypts? "Let's send the women and children into an enclosed area with dead bodies the Night King can reanimate! What could possibly go wrong!?"
      Ned isn't there. Neither is Cat or Robb. Just their statues. Rickon is probably buried there.

How close does the Night King have to be to raise the dead?

I doubt he's gone to KL. It would be a bad move if he did. That city has been fortified against dragon attack and Cersei seems unworried about Dany ("She has other plans for the Targaryen girl") so if he moves by himself against KL it could be a short fight. Considering if he goes the entire army falls instantly that's a huge risk. But that might be the way out the writers devised. It would be awfully cheap.

As to the battle itself, how many times have we seen a battle planned and that plan goes to **** in five minutes? No chance this fight goes according to plan.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Considering if he goes the entire army falls instantly that's a huge risk.
        This is only a theory. For all we know if he falls he gets right back up again (cuz, you know, dead) or his second in command becomes Night King. Next corpse up.

It would be an interesting way to end the show if they spend all their time luring him, 50% of the heroes die killing him, and then it turns out it doesn't matter. What do we say to death? "Not today." Not "Never."
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Anyone ever figured out why Tyrion got so dumb ever since he became the Hand of the Queen? It's one of the great mysteries of Westeros.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Ned isn't there. Neither is Cat or Robb. Just their statues. Rickon is probably buried there.

How close does the Night King have to be to raise the dead?

I doubt he's gone to KL. It would be a bad move if he did. That city has been fortified against dragon attack and Cersei seems unworried about Dany ("She has other plans for the Targaryen girl") so if he moves by himself against KL it could be a short fight. Considering if he goes the entire army falls instantly that's a huge risk. But that might be the way out the writers devised. It would be awfully cheap.

As to the battle itself, how many times have we seen a battle planned and that plan goes to **** in five minutes? No chance this fight goes according to plan.
            Ned's bones were eventually delivered to Winterfell. Or maybe that just happened in the books, and never in the show. I forget now.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              This is only a theory. For all we know if he falls he gets right back up again (cuz, you know, dead) or his second in command becomes Night King. Next corpse up.
              It was established last season that that's how it works. Kill the White Walker and every wight he made falls. Since all the White Walkers were made by NK it follows that if you kill him the entire army would fall. If that's not how it works out it'll feel like bad writing. One thing about this show is it hasn't had much bad writing (so I guess we're overdue?)

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Ned's bones were eventually delivered to Winterfell. Or maybe that just happened in the books, and never in the show. I forget now.
                Littlefinger brought them back in the tv series, as I recall.

Edit: Although as I also recall he delivered them to Cat, and I'm not so sure she was actually at Winterfell when it happened. I don't think she was.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Anyone ever figured out why Tyrion got so dumb ever since he became the Hand of the Queen? It's one of the great mysteries of Westeros.
                  Because he's struggled to properly read his family. Seems pretty simple to me that he's struggled to properly gauge something he's too close to...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Because he's struggled to properly read his family. Seems pretty simple to me that he's struggled to properly gauge something he's too close to...
                    Fair enough I suppose. He did finally figure out daddy though so Cersei should have been easy enough to figure out as well.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Littlefinger brought them back in the tv series, as I recall.

Edit: Although as I also recall he delivered them to Cat, and I'm not so sure she was actually at Winterfell when it happened. I don't think she was.
                      Would Cat have sent them back to Winterfell for burial? Hadn't Theon already taken the castle? Would he have buried them?

Probably all moot anyway. Ramsay dug up all the Stark bones for his mutts anyway.

Comment

Fair enough I suppose. He did finally figure out daddy though so Cersei should have been easy enough to figure out as well.
                        I didn't buy that Cersei fooled him. That made no sense, it was either poor plotting or he had some other motivation (as perhaps he is having second thoughts about Dany).
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I didn't buy that Cersei fooled him. That made no sense, it was either poor plotting or he had some other motivation (as perhaps he is having second thoughts about Dany).
                          I agree it made no sense but no one in their right mind is moving from Chaotic Good to Chaotic Evil.

Comment

I agree it made no sense but no one in their right mind is moving from Chaotic Good to Chaotic Evil.
                            Perhaps he is thinking about arranging for them to destroy each other?
                            Cornell University

Comment

Perhaps he is thinking about arranging for them to destroy each other?
                              That would certainly explain the apparent dump in intelligence.

Comment

One of the great unknowns is what was said between Cersei and Tyrion when he went back in alone and somehow convinced her to agree to at least come back and tell everyone else that she had agreed to send her armies north. Did Tyrion promise her something? Did she go along with it to fool the others into thinking they had her support? Or (my vote) did they hatch some other plan?

I don't buy Tyrion's statement in the last episode that Cersei said she would do it because then her unborn child would have a chance. That felt like a lie on Tyrion's part, and I think we've yet to see play out exactly what was hatched/agreed to by those two during their private meeting.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X