Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Not that the scene was written well, but I think Jaime was just being a jerk so she would move on. Heís done a lot of terrible things for Cersei and I think he wants to kill her.

I could be wrong. But to have a half hour of happiness for one of the strongest female characters and then have her crying was not my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Ran out of ideas? Hardly. The core storyline was Snow/Dany and Sansa going full Little Finger. Which IMO was worse case scenario. I don't like where any of it is going.

As for the stupidity of the naval battle. The only thing that explains it is the cockiness of Tyrion and Dany with the dragons. Last time the dragons weren't there. They probably didn't know they had found a way to mass produce the scorpions and mount them on ships.

I don't think there were a lack of ideas. I think there were too many bad ones. Here's hoping Arya saves the day again cause her and Bran are all that's left that has any integrity. Hell, they even sent Ghost packing.

Tyrion dying at the end for his military stupidity would have been fitting. He's not clever. He stopped being clever the minute the show's writers started writing him instead of GRRM.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Could be. Could be.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

I paused the episode there. I'm sure the next few scenes are going to deal with the Ironborn fleet pressing their advantage and attacking the forces on the beach. Are Tyrion, Varys and the Unsullied remnants going to be captured? If not, how will they survive in the middle of hostile territory with no supplies? Will they need to cut a deal with a local lord to keep them safe? Is their diminished force going to need to struggle to link back up with the Northern forces?

Oh wait- I unpaused it and in the next scene everyone is just standing battle ready outside Kings landing with no explanation.
    Someone on a diff. forum posted this and I'd say it's spot on. I don't really care about editing/pacing/time travel issues that move the story along and keep it from getting boring but this was... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Someone on a diff. forum posted this and I'd say it's spot on. I don't really care about editing/pacing/time travel issues that move the story along and keep it from getting boring but this was... weird.
    It was forced by how close we are to the end. There was simply no time to have an Anabasis. Space and time are no match for a tight shooting schedule.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Yeah who knows, I get that they have finite resources and so they probably needed to wrap up the show in 6 episodes for whatever reason (also the pace can be a bit plodding at times so I like that they're speeding it up a little...) but some of the stuff like Jaime just undoing all his character development and being knight buddies with Brienne (that whole scene would be tough to rewatch if you went through the series again)... it's not totally unforeseeable but it's just a total reversal without any real buildup or explanation.

Bronn scene was laughably bad. The end with the dragon/army five feet away but Cersei's gonna give them a chance to fight the final battle for some reason... :facepalm: That after the dragon dies because they didn't do any basic scouting like five feet from the coast of King's Landing... I get that the 2nd dragon probably had to die somehow and I can suspend my belief that the arrows somehow hit the moving target perfectly on the first shot 1000 yards away in the wind but it seemed kinda lazy how it all happened (she flies through all the arrows on her dragon somehow... :***: ) and then Dany barely shows any emotion after it happens.

There's other stuff I'm forgetting too but this isn't the first time a good show struggled towards the end.
    And why's she dive-bombing straight at them through those spears if she's not gonna light them up in dragonfire?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    It was forced by how close we are to the end. There was simply no time to have an Anabasis. Space and time are no match for a tight shooting schedule.
    I get that, though apparently they lacked writers too.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

We act like HBO said they had 6 episodes...if I'm not mistaken this was the writer's decision to do 6 episodes this season....maybe they were afraid of too many episodes plodding along slowly but it does seem like this could have used 8 episodes instead of 6.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    We act like HBO said they had 6 episodes...if I'm not mistaken this was the writer's decision to do 6 episodes this season....maybe they were afraid of too many episodes plodding along slowly but it does seem like this could have used 8 episodes instead of 6.
    With the extra length of the later episodes it's probably going to work out about 8.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I think it was fewer episodes so they could beef up the CGI budget.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

GRRM came out today and announced which candidate heís supporting in 2020.

Scintillating, itís not like weíre waiting on a book George!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    GRRM came out today and announced which candidate he’s supporting in 2020.

Scintillating, it’s not like we’re waiting on a book George!
    His statement says Biden is OK by him, not that he endorses him. His endorsement is anybody but Dump.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

wubba lubba dub dub

Did anybody else see the coffee cup sitting in front of Danaerys last night? This is when she was sitting at the head table in Winterfell while Jon and Tormund were slapping each others' backs and joking.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Did anybody else see the coffee cup sitting in front of Danaerys last night? This is when she was sitting at the head table in Winterfell while Jon and Tormund were slapping each others' backs and joking.
    Winterfell got a Starbucks before Wakanda
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Lucia Apologist

I didnít have a problem with the episode until the Cersei scene. Even then, I try to let myself enjoy things rather than get my undies in a bunch about plot holes.

Sometimes you need to just turn off your brain and enjoy things.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-07-2019 at 07:20 AM.

I usually can do that but when it gets so bad that even someone like me notices how badly itís jumped the shark (and not just overly critical internet nerds) thatís not a good sign. I didnít have as many criticisms of seasons 5-6 like some and only towards the end of season 7 did I start noticing that maaaaybe the quality was a bit down. But the last two episodes were kinda embarrassing for a show thatís been as good as this one has been.

Lucia Apologist

I thought The Long Night was excellent. This last episode was just moving pieces and letting you breathe. Everyoneís mileage may vary and thatís ok. I like to start with a pretty low baseline and be blown away than set the expectations at a 9.5 and be continuously disappointed.

It certainly isnít that 10/10 quality it was at its peak. Hard to do that for seven years. But like you said, itís not as bad as the Writers Guild of the Internet thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I thought The Long Night was excellent. This last episode was just moving pieces and letting you breathe. Everyoneís mileage may vary and thatís ok. I like to start with a pretty low baseline and be blown away than set the expectations at a 9.5 and be continuously disappointed.

It certainly isnít that 10/10 quality it was at its peak. Hard to do that for seven years. But like you said, itís not as bad as the Writers Guild of the Internet thinks.
    I thought the long night was great too. This last episode was an abomination though.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

The long night had some cool moments and it was suspenseful watching it live but I don't think it's one that's gonna lend itself to re-watching all that well and it just turned the Night King and all the white walker buildup into a complete joke (as well as Bran's character most likely). Those are probably the two biggest issues but there were a ton. These last two episodes are as bad as the internet thinks.

The long night had some cool moments and it was suspenseful watching it live but I don't think it's one that's gonna lend itself to re-watching all that well and it just turned the Night King and all the white walker buildup into a complete joke (as well as Bran's character most likely). Those are probably the two biggest issues but there were a ton. These last two episodes are as bad as the internet thinks.
    Wasn't a joke at all. The Night King was always the weakness of the undead army. His need to go after Bran was absolute. Arya had trained as an assassin for years. That episode had the proper build up and the proper resolution.

The stupidity of the last episode, however, is boundless.

Thread Information