Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    That was a great shot for TV. Terrible battle plan, but excellent viewing.
    Best scene in the episode for my money. The reaction of all the other armies' soldiers to the few surviving Dothraki actually running away was great.

As for battle plans: sending all your light cav straight at the center of the enemy line with no infantry support is how Harold Godwinson lost England.

Also if you have air superiority why not lay down the fire on the advancing dead long before they reach striking range of Winterfell? And if you have trenches full of wildfire directly in front of the keep, why not also have a concentric outer trench, advance no soldiers except scouts, light them with the dragons, and create a killing field with no escape for the dead?

This is great. I'd love to believe that the writers quite wittingly took their unimaginably large treasure troves of money and gave all of us viewers of their ridiculous 100-hour TV movie the middle finger.
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-29-2019, 04:55 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Best scene in the episode for my money. The reaction of all the other armies' soldiers to the few surviving Dothraki actually running away was great.

As for battle plans: sending all your light cav straight at the center of the enemy line with no infantry support is how Harold Godwinson lost England.

Also if you have air superiority why not lay down the fire on the advancing dead long before they reach striking range of Winterfell? And if you have trenches full of wildfire directly in front of the keep, why not also have a concentric outer trench, advance no soldiers except scouts, light them with the dragons, and create a killing field with no escape for the dead?

This is great. I'd love to believe that the writers quite wittingly took their unimaginably large treasure troves of money and gave all of us viewers of their ridiculous 100-hour TV movie the middle finger.
      From a strategic perspective it was horrible. However, the writers obviously wanted to winnow down the numbers now so when the winners take on Cersei and the Golden Company it seems like impossible odds.

Comment

The score for the last part of the show was haunting and beautiful. Reminded me of the amazing score from the ep where Cersei blew up the temple

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          The score for the last part of the show was haunting and beautiful. Reminded me of the amazing score from the ep where Cersei blew up the temple
          That's Ramin Djawadi, and he's unbelievably talented. Give him a YouTube. He also does the music for Westworld.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I thought the darkness was a good decision, drove home the dire and creepy nature of the situation.
            100% agree.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Yes yes yes
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Finally caught up. That episode was amazing. The Dothraki shot was ****ing brilliant. Everything after that was gravy.

All the complaints be dammed.

Now I need sleep. Somehow.
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-30-2019, 01:08 AM.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So were also just down to Arya’s dire wolf now, right?

We didn’t exactly see Ghost die I suppose.
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  So were also just down to Arya’s dire wolf now, right?

We didn’t exactly see Ghost die I suppose.
                  There's a shot of Ghost in the preview for next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    There's a shot of Ghost in the preview for next week.
                    Im pretty sure Ghost, Nimerya, Rhaegal, Drogon are all still alive.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Also looks like Bronze Yohn made it through. I swear I see someone with a white cape in the preview for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Also looks like Bronze Yohn made it through. I swear I see someone with a white cape in the preview for next week.
                        It honestly seems like way too many known characters survived the episode which doesn't seem right for Game of Thrones...House Mormont went extinct but beyond that, it isn't much?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          It honestly seems like way too many known characters survived the episode which doesn't seem right for Game of Thrones...House Mormont went extinct but beyond that, it isn't much?
                          More major characters died at a wedding than in a night long battle against the dead. Our friendly death pool is very sparse halfway through the final season
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Yohn Royce is far from a major character, they didn't even show him in the episode I believe.

Also, how many major characters died in the red wedding again? I count six major ones from this last episode. Theon, Jorah, Melisandre, Beric, Lyanna, and Edd. One can argue that the final two aren't major, and if the course of the entire show is considered they'd be right. But recently they'd had a lot of screen time and served a purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Yohn Royce is far from a major character, they didn't even show him in the episode I believe.

Also, how many major characters died in the red wedding again? I count six major ones from this last episode. Theon, Jorah, Melisandre, Beric, Lyanna, and Edd. One can argue that the final two aren't major, and if the course of the entire show is considered they'd be right. But recently they'd had a lot of screen time and served a purpose.
                              Red wedding was Robb, Caitlin, Grey Wind, Jayne. Wasn’t that it? Edmure survives.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Red wedding was Robb, Caitlin, Grey Wind, Jayne. Wasn’t that it? Edmure survives.
                                And Jeyne is hardly a major character either. She is only significant because she married Robb, other than that, she was a nothing.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X