Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Wow. You're about as fun as a bag of cow ****. Arya seeing the dragons was the only impressive moment in the show? Really? There's been so many good moments in the show I don't think I could count them.
    The only moment she has been impressed. I fixed it but you'd already read the first draft; sorry.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The only moment she has been impressed. I fixed it but you'd already read the first draft; sorry.
      I see. My apologies. I disagree with your take on Jon Snow. I'm not gaga over him like many are but he's a solid character and a decent actor.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

She's been impressed before, but I think this was more being in awe. She was impressed by the Faceless God/Men, and she was impressed with a few things in season 1 - the King's train when coming into Winterfell and her water dancing instructor.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

They set up the beginning of this last season very well, and they did everything they needed to do in this first episode. There was no fluff. Although, Cersei disappoints again.
          To be fair she was herself very disappointed. She wanted elephants.

Comment

Is there a way to see the spoiler text in mobile? Also I thought we didn’t need to use spoiler text in here?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Is there a way to see the spoiler text in mobile? Also I thought we didn’t need to use spoiler text in here?
              Here's what Kep said in the spoiler.

Cersie has now merged completely with Claire Underwood.

Jon Snow is still a drip. I don't buy any chemistry between him and Daenerys. She would eat him alive.

When Arya saw the dragons it was the only time has actually been impressed n the run of the show. That was a very good moment.

Sansa had a really good point: the f-ck is she going to feed all the Unsullied and Dothraki, not to mentions dragons that clear an entire pasture with every meal?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Here's what Kep said in the spoiler.
                You could have used the updated version; I do get better. I have removed the spoiler font below.

Cersie has now merged completely with Claire Underwood.

Jon Snow is still a drip. I don't buy any chemistry between him and Daenerys. She would eat him alive.

When Arya saw the dragons it was the only time she has ever been impressed. That was my favorite moment.

Sansa had a really good point: the f-ck is she going to feed all the Unsullied and Dothraki, not to mention dragons that clear an entire pasture with every meal, in the middle of Winter in a war-ravaged minor province that was none too rich to begin with? The 1940 Wehrmacht couldn't have lived off the land in Wales.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sansa had a really good point: the f-ck is she going to feed all the Unsullied and Dothraki, not to mention dragons that clear an entire pasture with every meal, in the middle of Winter in a war-ravaged minor province that was none too rich to begin with? The 1940 Wehrmacht couldn't have lived off the land in Wales.
                  In a show that includes dragons, zombies (including dragon zombies), giving birth to murderous apparitions, bringing dead people back to life and a thousand foot high thousand mile long wall of snow and ice, you're bitter we've been asked to take a leap of faith on their food supply?
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    You could have used the updated version; I do get better.
                    Cersei turned you into a newt?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      In a show that includes dragons, zombies (including dragon zombies), giving birth to murderous apparitions, bringing dead people back to life and a thousand foot high thousand mile long wall of snow and ice, you're bitter we've been asked to take a leap of faith on their food supply?
                      The good news is that I doubt it will be that long before they meet in battle so it shouldn't be a problem.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Cersei turned you into a newt?
                        a rayburn. newt is an anathema to him.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

One thing I had a problem with was when Sam told Jon about Dany killing his family he expressed shock and says, "She didn't tell you?" When, exactly, would she have mentioned this to him? In her grand plan his House was a minor annoyance, not a player like the Lannisters, Starks or even Tyrells. It isn't like she's going to give Jon a roll call of all the people Drogon burned alive.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I'm not bitter, I'm logistically irritated.

The hallmark of good fantasy is you make something make believe -- magic, dragons, god -- real, but then the rest of the world operates along the same mundane rules.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              If it isn't directly brought up by the show itself, it is easier to ignore.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                One thing I had a problem with was when Sam told Jon about Dany killing his family he expressed shock and says, "She didn't tell you?" When, exactly, would she have mentioned this to him? In her grand plan his House was a minor annoyance, not a player like the Lannisters, Starks or even Tyrells. It isn't like she's going to give Jon a roll call of all the people Drogon burned alive.
                                And it's not like Jon would have said "Samwell Tarly" when speaking with Dany. For all intents and purposes, they gave up their family affiliations until death. He's now just Samwell.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X