Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

wubba lubba dub dub

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Oh, and that Roman fighting tactic used, the wall of shields and spears, the producers made great use of history in that situation.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Oh, and that Roman fighting tactic used, the wall of shields and spears, the producers made great use of history in that situation.
    We kept exclaiming that if Wun Wun had any kind of weapon the tactic would be screwed. He didn't, though, so it was effective.

Drunkard

Seriously. Just give Wun Wun a ****ing tree or something

Drunkard

The only problem was how predictable it all was. We knew everything that would happen.

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    The only problem was how predictable it all was. We knew everything that would happen.
    So now that we got everything we wanted what ****tyness will they leave us with next week.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Ramsey got off light. Glad Sansa was the one to finish him off though...she deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Ramsey got off light. Glad Sansa was the one to finish him off though...she deserved it.
    He was right. He is part of her now.

My God, the Starks are the greatest argument in history against feudalism. Their ineptitude gets them killed, which is fine, but it gets everybody else killed too. They're what would happen if the Bushes and Kennedys intermarried.

The giant should have squashed John and Sansa when he had the chance.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    So now that we got everything we wanted what ****tyness will they leave us with next week.
    We had the 'splosion blood spurt episode so now we'll have a talky talky episode.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

So, next episode, I imagine we see an update from all of the storylines, with significant developments in most if not all of them.

Dany sails for Westeros.
    Cersei's Trial
    Arya gets to Westeros/Winterfell
    Brienne encounters the Brotherhood
    Night's King reaches the Wall
    Bran and Benjen get south of the Wall
    Tower of Joy conclusion

All are possibilities
    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 06-20-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

Is anyone else taking note of the "women's revolution" happening right now.

In almost every corner of the map a woman is either in power or jostling for it.

Dorne, Dany, Yara, Sansa, Cersei...

Also, the last episode HAS to end with the whitewalkers either walking right through the wall or completely dismantling and crumbling it to the ground.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Also, the last episode HAS to end with the whitewalkers either walking right through the wall or completely dismantling and crumbling it to the ground.
    Agree 100%. That will be quite the cliffhanger.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Read a very interesting observation. The last time we saw the Brotherhood Without Banners, in like season 2 or 3, they settled their scores with combat, in fact, Sandor had to fight Beric and it was on screen. Now, this season, we have been told, by Beric and Thoros, that the Brotherhood strictly uses hanging, not combat, to execute their enemies. So, why the change of heart? Is it because the Brotherhood has a new leader, a leader that, in the books, has a preference for hanging?

RIP - Kirby

lucky penguin

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    He was right. He is part of her now.

My God, the Starks are the greatest argument in history against feudalism. Their ineptitude gets them killed, which is fine, but it gets everybody else killed too. They're what would happen if the Bushes and Kennedys intermarried.

The giant should have squashed John and Sansa when he had the chance.
    One of my favorite continuing themes, especially this season, is how all the Stark kids are all low-key privileged and terrible. They're the Michael Bluth of Westeros, not realizing they're just as insane as the rest.

Cersei's trial is supposed to be the main event next week. This past episode was cool from a visual standpoint, but it was basically a Michael Bay movie. Lots of big budget effects, no story.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Read a very interesting observation. The last time we saw the Brotherhood Without Banners, in like season 2 or 3, they settled their scores with combat, in fact, Sandor had to fight Beric and it was on screen. Now, this season, we have been told, by Beric and Thoros, that the Brotherhood strictly uses hanging, not combat, to execute their enemies. So, why the change of heart? Is it because the Brotherhood has a new leader, a leader that, in the books, has a preference for hanging?
    The show runners have stated flat out that Lady Stoneheart is not making an appearance in any episode.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    The show runners have stated flat out that Lady Stoneheart is not making an appearance in any episode.
    While I do agree that we won't see her, just because they say she's not going to appear, doesn't mean she won't. They don't have a duty to not mislead and lie to people to keep plot points secret. I just though that this change of philosophy by the Brotherhood was an interesting observation that someone made.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    One of my favorite continuing themes, especially this season, is how all the Stark kids are all low-key privileged and terrible. They're the Michael Bluth of Westeros, not realizing they're just as insane as the rest.

Cersei's trial is supposed to be the main event next week. This past episode was cool from a visual standpoint, but it was basically a Michael Bay movie. Lots of big budget effects, no story.
    Ha, a Michael Bay movie. That is laughably inaccurate.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Ha, a Michael Bay movie. That is laughably inaccurate.
    Shh, leave him be. Everyone else liked the episode so he has to automatically dislike it for some inane reason. He can't help it.

Drunkard

I don't know why, but the lack of any sort of Umber conspiracy (or involvement of the Manderlys) was kind of disappointing.

At the end of the day, Smalljon really did **** over the Starks, Rickon in particular.

Edit: In hindsight, nobody screwed over Rickon Stark more than Sansa. She's spent too much time with Ramsay and Littlefinger. She had every opportunity to impact Jon's planning and the negotiations with Ramsay by dropping the table-turning knowledge of the Vale helping them out. Maybe she's just that dumbfounded that Vale Ex Machina managed to take Moat Cailin and march all the way to Winterfell without anyone affiliated with the Boltons knowing?
    Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 06-20-2016 at 07:57 PM.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

John Snow knows nothing about military strategy.

But Yara's azz in tight leather pants? Yowza.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Drunkard

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    But Yara's azz in tight leather pants? Yowza.
    She's not demanding a marriage, but she'll see where goes.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Thread Information