Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 447

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

  1. #1
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Back in Wisconsin where we belong.
    Posts
    1,283

    Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by markwojo View Post
    A little bird (that would definitely be in the know/loop/have connections within Badger nation) told me that there's probably going to be a major shake up with Badger hockey. Not earth shattering or surprising in the least given we are on pace for a two year win total that would be a troubling total over a single season much less two and that fan support/season ticket base has cratered to a catastrophic level, but reassuring that changes are apparently imminent. I am assuming at this point of the season, Eaves will finish the season and whatever shakeup may occur will be upon completion of the season. By the way, this little bird happens to be in the circle of a person that if we sat around and speculated on potential coaching replacements, I would guess that that person would be in the two handful of names everyone would come up with. Sorry about being cryptic and I will gladly share more once the season ends and whatever transpires does.
    Just hoping this comes to be (and sooner rather than later.)
    Last edited by gwhinwi; 03-18-2016 at 09:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,655

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    And now we wait.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

    BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!


    At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

    Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

  3. #3
    Registered College Hockey Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mosinee, WI
    Posts
    741

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    For the axe to fall.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,553

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    tagging the thread, nice job gwhin.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    36

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Anyone ever go to these hockey night radio programs at Great Dane in Hilldale?
    Might be interesting to see "dead man walking? " That woulda been my suggested thread title!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Oregon, WI
    Posts
    72

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by Bratbill View Post
    Anyone ever go to these hockey night radio programs at Great Dane in Hilldale?
    Might be interesting to see "dead man walking? " That woulda been my suggested thread title!
    No, I would be tempted to yell profanities and I have to much respect for Posick for that.

  7. #7
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    "The City of the Perpetually Offended"
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    I live near the Great Dane on the far east side...yes, I let it out that I'm a FAR East Sider. I was hoping someday for the hockey show to trek away from the near west side and cross the tracks. THEN I would go, but Mrs. MCR would have a gag tied around my mouth.

    Did somebody say, "waiting for the axe?"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIMYIVJFrRc
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-23-2016 at 09:34 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

  8. #8
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,293

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by Bratbill View Post
    Anyone ever go to these hockey night radio programs at Great Dane in Hilldale?
    Might be interesting to see "dead man walking? " That woulda been my suggested thread title!
    I've never seen the point of those shows, it's just a rah rah promo deal. Neither MJ or MM will say anything earth shattering interesting. Neither will tell us how they really feel about anything.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post

    I've never seen the point of those shows, it's just a rah rah promo deal. Neither MJ or MM will say anything earth shattering interesting. Neither will tell us how they really feel about anything.
    It is just an extra part of the coach's compensation package.

  10. #10
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Back in Wisconsin where we belong.
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post
    It is just an extra part of the coach's compensation package.
    That and it gives us more fresh (or old and tired) metaphors about things like how we're pushing a cart up a hill to get the horse to slaughter so that we can use the rendered glue to make a cohesive team.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    172

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    That and it gives us more fresh (or old and tired) metaphors about things like how we're pushing a cart up a hill to get the horse to slaughter so that we can use the rendered glue to make a cohesive team.
    That's like three shows worth of material right there.....

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,851
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    That and it gives us more fresh (or old and tired) metaphors about things like how we're pushing a cart up a hill to get the horse to slaughter so that we can use the rendered glue to make a cohesive team.
    Hall Of Fame post right there😀

  13. #13
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,293

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    That and it gives us more fresh (or old and tired) metaphors about things like how we're pushing a cart up a hill to get the horse to slaughter so that we can use the rendered glue to make a cohesive team.
    LOL the "rendered glue" is awesome! You better trademark that one.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    659

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Not hockey related, but an interesting development from UW Athletics...

    I got this e-mail just a few moments ago:
    Dear Wisconsin Athletics Supporter,

    Thank you for your feedback through the Camp Randall Renovation Survey! Wisconsin Athletics is excited to announce the next step towards a potential renovation to Camp Randall Stadium. We will be conducting focus group sessions. Your participation in these focus groups will provide us with vital information to assist us in providing the best experience possible for supporters and fans like you. As a valued constituent of the department, we are appreciative of your interest in this project.

    Please note that this invitation is on a first-come, first-served basis. The athletic department will be providing meals and a complimentary gift for all participants as a token of our appreciation.

    To have an opportunity to take part in the focus group session, please click on the following link:
    RSVP HERE


    I opened the e-mail on my phone, saw that you need to fill out a form, and went to fill out the form from my desktop at work. By the time I opened the e-mail on my desktop and clicked on the link the even was already full.

    This is a follow-up to a survey I got a month or so ago asking about potential upgrades to Camp Randall, with more clubs/suites and some special spaces with outdoor seating.

    Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp.

  15. #15
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,655

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    "Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp."

    What like an actual championship or something?

  16. #16
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Back in Wisconsin where we belong.
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    "Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp."

    What like an actual championship or something?
    Finding a coach that wants to stay for more than a few years?

    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Hall Of Fame post right there��
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    LOL the "rendered glue" is awesome! You better trademark that one.
    Thanks. I'll take wear those comments as a badge of honor today.
    Last edited by gwhinwi; 02-24-2016 at 07:59 PM.

  17. #17
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,655
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Finding a coach that wants to stay for more than a few years?
    Ha!

    In all seriousness, Chryst will stick around. If he bolts, then we KNOW that Barry is toxic.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    172

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Even the thought of potential renovations at Camp Randall will distract BA's focus from finding new coaches in MHockey and (probably) WBB and deciding if Gard is the man for MBB.

    Can this guy multi-task at all? Can he even single task? Sorry, I'm tired and grumpy.....

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,553

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

    Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post
    Not hockey related, but an interesting development from UW Athletics...

    I got this e-mail just a few moments ago:
    Dear Wisconsin Athletics Supporter,

    Thank you for your feedback through the Camp Randall Renovation Survey! Wisconsin Athletics is excited to announce the next step towards a potential renovation to Camp Randall Stadium. We will be conducting focus group sessions. Your participation in these focus groups will provide us with vital information to assist us in providing the best experience possible for supporters and fans like you. As a valued constituent of the department, we are appreciative of your interest in this project.

    Please note that this invitation is on a first-come, first-served basis. The athletic department will be providing meals and a complimentary gift for all participants as a token of our appreciation.

    To have an opportunity to take part in the focus group session, please click on the following link:
    RSVP HERE


    I opened the e-mail on my phone, saw that you need to fill out a form, and went to fill out the form from my desktop at work. By the time I opened the e-mail on my desktop and clicked on the link the even was already full.

    This is a follow-up to a survey I got a month or so ago asking about potential upgrades to Camp Randall, with more clubs/suites and some special spaces with outdoor seating.

    Sounds like they are serious about making something happen at the Camp.
    Apparently I have sent too many negative emails and don't donate enough, as I got the original survey but not this...

    They will be getting even less money if eaves is retained.....as I won't renew.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    659
    Here is another interesting distraction...

    The Badger Band just tweeted out that they will be at an Admiral's game sometime soon and will do an on-ice 5th quarter (which would really be a 4th period, but that isn't the point).

    Had the band ever done anything like that at Badger games?
    I don't recall anything beyond Varsity.

    While we are on the topic of the band, this happened at my office the other day. Our company owner is a huge UW supporter and a VB ticket holder. He arranged a special event when we had people from tOSU visit for product training.
    [Html]https://youtu.be/eAFrgk_UuZ4[/HTML]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •