Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching changes for 2016-17

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    I think he is safe with their great second half.
    Fraud results. After St Lawrence their wins are against UNH, Merrimack, and UMass. Now they finish with UConn and Maine. (all teams are 8-12th in Standings). The Harvard Beanpot Consolation game win? Yay. They tied ULowell and Quinnipiac which is good.

Maybe they will come out with a win in the first round best of 3. Then they will get drubbed by a real opponent barring a miracle. Then rinse, wash, repeat next year. Same tape on replay over and over and over.

Simply never going to compete for anything real with Madigan. Champions of being mediocre.
    ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
    ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
    .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://***********/RealJayKenney

Comment

There are also some positives like Berard getting the Holy Cross job last year, Ben Barr has to get a head coach position soon.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        With uconn and maine up next, NU could finish over or at .500. That and a 6th place finish = no chance of madigan getting fired. And while i don't think ted donato is a good coach, no chance he gets fired either. They just made tourney last year.
        Disagree, if they fall enough that they miss the tournament, he'd be on the hotseat.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

This is harvard we're talking about. Look at theur results before last season and they stuck with him. Not happening. Last year alone bought him a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            In the haste of my rant today, i forgot that Soderquist that has also under performed for far too long. Being the programs all time leading scorer can only take you so far.
            Brett Gensler is program's all-time Div 1 leading scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              This is harvard we're talking about. Look at theur results before last season and they stuck with him. Not happening. Last year alone bought him a few years.
              It shouldn't be tough to obtain a consensus. Why don't we ask the four Harvard fans that were at the Beanpot?

Comment

It's dawning on me that Eaves is safe until it's free to fire him.

"You don't like for it to happen, but hockey is not going to make or break us," Alvarez said. "We don't like that, obviously. We're not satisfied with that. But we've got to keep that big stadium (Camp Randall) full and we've got to keep the Kohl Center full" for men's basketball.
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 02-14-2016, 09:39 PM.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If Ohio State's program continues to be less than mediocre, Steve Rohlik should be on the hot seat. This is the most inconsistent and undisciplined hockey I have ever seen at Ohio State. This is the third season of a five-year contract. When it comes to hockey, Ohio State will normally not terminate someone before their contract runs out, but they may make an exception in this case if Rohlik doesn't get the program moving forward, which he hasn't to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Disagree, if they fall enough that they miss the tournament, he'd be on the hotseat.
                    If they fall enough to miss a 12 team tournament in a 12 team league they have bigger problems than the coach.

Comment

In Hockey East (IMO)

Has To Be Fired
                      Micheletto

Should Be Fired
                      Madigan (his team is playing their way off the list)
                      Sneddon

Gets One More Year
                      Gendron

Probably Should Get Fired, But Who Can They Get That Could Do Any Better With That Program?
                      Dennehy
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

FIRE TIMMY!!! HIRE JIMMY!!!

...wait, too late?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          FIRE TIMMY!!! HIRE JIMMY!!!

...wait, too late?
                          Not the post we would expect from you in this thread!!
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            It's dawning on me that Eaves is safe until it's free to fire him.
                            No, at some point the cost benefit analysis of buy-out cost vs increased ticket sales from a new coach will become positive. My worry is that UW won't be willing to pay what it will take to land the next coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              My worry is that UW won't be willing to pay what it will take to land the next coach.
                              Clearly Barry won't. In his eyes, it won't "make" UW athletics, so why "break" it by overpaying to regain whatever it is that the fans wish it could be?
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                                Not the post we would expect from you in this thread!!
                                There are times in all of our internet lives when we are confronted with troll bait. To take on a troll, you must yourself troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X