ECAC West Very Close Competition, Thoughts on the 1st Half of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC West Very Close Competition, Thoughts on the 1st Half of the Season

ECAC West has been very competitive as always, any thoughts on the season so far?

Re: ECAC West Very Close Competition, Thoughts on the 1st Half of the Season

I like Hobart to win the RS. I see every other team aside from (a pretty good ) Naz team as being capable of finishing 2nd. I would pick Utica to edge-out Elmira for that position right now, but I'm *possibly* a tad biased.

The W has had a brutal national SOS thus far ( KRACH rankings of #1, #2, #4, #7, #11 and #13, very easily the highest SOS of any conference ), and full-blown HTH play is yet to come. No telling how it'll shake-out, but Hobart looks to be a step ahead of the rest of the W to me.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-21-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I like Hobart to win the RS. I see every other team aside from (a pretty good ) Naz team as being capable of finishing 2nd. I would pick Utica to edge-out Elmira for that position right now, but I'm *possibly* a tad biased.

The W has had a brutal national SOS thus far ( KRACH rankings of #1, #2, #4, #7, #11 and #13, very easily the highest SOS of any conference ), and full-blown HTH play is yet to come. No telling how it'll shake-out, but Hobart looks to be a step ahead of the rest of the W to me.
      Manhattanville going to help SOS playing Trinity and possibly Norwich after New Years.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIfan4um View Post
        ECAC West has been very competitive as always, any thoughts on the season so far?
        From what I've seen Hobart is clearly the best. Everyone else is pretty even but Hobart is a head above the rest of the pack. They sweep Elmira if not for a coaches mistake on which goalie to start on the 2nd night in Elmira. EC scored 3 weak goals on I think 5 shots in the 1st period and then held on for dear life the rest of the way.

Kind of kick started EC as they went on to beat ranked Amherst and Babson the next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Manhattanville going to help SOS playing Trinity and possibly Norwich after New Years.
          And Utica gets Oswego. (Pretty sure that the Lakers will right the ship.)

Comment

Great weekend for Hobart...coach Taylor had the boys ready to go and they showed very little rust coming off the long break. Nice weekend for the ECAC-W as well - I believe the league posted a 7-2-1 record in NC play. I think most ECAC-W teams have one more weekend of non-conference play left. It will then be interesting to see if anyone can separate from the pack down the stretch...I don't think you can rule any team out at this stage.

Comment

Hobart beats Geneseo 7-1 and then Brockport 9-2. They are on fire! I think it will be a tough championship to win in the ECAC West this year as Elmira, Hobart, and Utica all look tough at this point. Shinkaruk and Depp are playing well for EC so far, and the goaltending has improved with the rookie playing very well against Trinity.

Comment

Working...
              X