Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105

Thread: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,818

    UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    UAA and UA_ That about sums it up.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    UAA and UA_ That about sums it up.
    UA_ will have 2 home series. UAA 2 road series before Dec 11/12 so that's about even.
    UA_ off parole but still has to check in with the NCAA EX-offender Officer ever week.
    UAA with a player coming in in January so we will be about even with that.
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 11-24-2015 at 01:00 AM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,202

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    As you can see from the calendar, the game is coming up this weekend. I'm sure you are as excited for it as I am, as our cities are rivals and have been for quite some time. Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

    On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way.

    When the sporting contest begins, the players on your team will be treated as though they are inconsequential. It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance.

    I would not be a bit surprised if the individuals on the team from your area were sexually attracted to members of their own gender. That is how ineffective they are on the field of battle.

    Underscoring your team's inferiority is its choice of colors. It is ludicrous to believe that your team's colors inspire either respect or fear. Instead, they appear to have been chosen by someone who is colorblind or, perhaps, bereft of sight altogether. The colors for my team, on the other hand, are aesthetically pleasing when placed in proximity to one another. They are a superior color combination in every way.

    While we are on the subject of aesthetics, let us compare the respective facilities in which our teams play. While my team's edifice is blessed with architectural splendor and the most modern of amenities, yours is a thoroughly unpleasant place in which to watch a sporting contest. I know of what I speak, for I once attended a game between our respective teams in your facility. Let's just say the experience left me wishing that my car was inoperable that day due to mechanical problems, rendering it impossible for me to get to your area to attend the game.

    If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so.

    One of the more pathetic aspects of the team from your area is the fact that only people in your immediate area possess an affinity for it. By means of contrast, the team from my area inspires loyalty and affection in individuals who live in many other geographic locations.

    To illustrate this point, let me tell a brief story: Recently, I was on vacation in an area of the country far away from my own, and I saw many individuals wearing items of clothing that bore the insignia of my team. I approached one such individual and asked him if he originated from my area. He said no, explaining that he simply liked the team from my area and had for many years. Interestingly enough, during this trip, I saw no clothing or other paraphernalia bearing the insignia of your team.

    Do you still doubt that the team from your area is inferior to the one from mine? Just look at our teams' respective histories. In the past, we have defeated you on any number of occasions. Granted, there were times when your team beat my team, but those were lucky flukes.

    The day of the game will soon be at hand. And no matter how hard you pray to a higher power or how many foam accoutrements you wear in support of the team from your area, your team will be defeated. We will win and you will lose. This is your fate.

    Prepare for humiliation. It shall be upon you at the designated hour.

    (Note: for any Seawolves fortunate enough to make it past the first sentence, this is an all time Onion classic: https://www.theonion.com/blogpost/you...s-team-f-10804)

  4. #4
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    As you can see from the calendar, the game is coming up this weekend. I'm sure you are as excited for it as I am, as our cities are rivals and have been for quite some time. Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

    On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way.

    When the sporting contest begins, the players on your team will be treated as though they are inconsequential. It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance.

    I would not be a bit surprised if the individuals on the team from your area were sexually attracted to members of their own gender. That is how ineffective they are on the field of battle.

    Underscoring your team's inferiority is its choice of colors. It is ludicrous to believe that your team's colors inspire either respect or fear. Instead, they appear to have been chosen by someone who is colorblind or, perhaps, bereft of sight altogether. The colors for my team, on the other hand, are aesthetically pleasing when placed in proximity to one another. They are a superior color combination in every way.

    While we are on the subject of aesthetics, let us compare the respective facilities in which our teams play. While my team's edifice is blessed with architectural splendor and the most modern of amenities, yours is a thoroughly unpleasant place in which to watch a sporting contest. I know of what I speak, for I once attended a game between our respective teams in your facility. Let's just say the experience left me wishing that my car was inoperable that day due to mechanical problems, rendering it impossible for me to get to your area to attend the game.

    If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so.

    One of the more pathetic aspects of the team from your area is the fact that only people in your immediate area possess an affinity for it. By means of contrast, the team from my area inspires loyalty and affection in individuals who live in many other geographic locations.

    To illustrate this point, let me tell a brief story: Recently, I was on vacation in an area of the country far away from my own, and I saw many individuals wearing items of clothing that bore the insignia of my team. I approached one such individual and asked him if he originated from my area. He said no, explaining that he simply liked the team from my area and had for many years. Interestingly enough, during this trip, I saw no clothing or other paraphernalia bearing the insignia of your team.

    Do you still doubt that the team from your area is inferior to the one from mine? Just look at our teams' respective histories. In the past, we have defeated you on any number of occasions. Granted, there were times when your team beat my team, but those were lucky flukes.

    The day of the game will soon be at hand. And no matter how hard you pray to a higher power or how many foam accoutrements you wear in support of the team from your area, your team will be defeated. We will win and you will lose. This is your fate.

    Prepare for humiliation. It shall be upon you at the designated hour.

    (Note: for any Seawolves fortunate enough to make it past the first sentence, this is an all time Onion classic: https://www.theonion.com/blogpost/you...s-team-f-10804)
    tl;dr.


  5. #5
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,785

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    As you can see from the calendar, the game is coming up this weekend. I'm sure you are as excited for it as I am, as our cities are rivals and have been for quite some time. Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

    On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way.

    When the sporting contest begins, the players on your team will be treated as though they are inconsequential. It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance.

    I would not be a bit surprised if the individuals on the team from your area were sexually attracted to members of their own gender. That is how ineffective they are on the field of battle.

    Underscoring your team's inferiority is its choice of colors. It is ludicrous to believe that your team's colors inspire either respect or fear. Instead, they appear to have been chosen by someone who is colorblind or, perhaps, bereft of sight altogether. The colors for my team, on the other hand, are aesthetically pleasing when placed in proximity to one another. They are a superior color combination in every way.

    While we are on the subject of aesthetics, let us compare the respective facilities in which our teams play. While my team's edifice is blessed with architectural splendor and the most modern of amenities, yours is a thoroughly unpleasant place in which to watch a sporting contest. I know of what I speak, for I once attended a game between our respective teams in your facility. Let's just say the experience left me wishing that my car was inoperable that day due to mechanical problems, rendering it impossible for me to get to your area to attend the game.

    If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so.

    One of the more pathetic aspects of the team from your area is the fact that only people in your immediate area possess an affinity for it. By means of contrast, the team from my area inspires loyalty and affection in individuals who live in many other geographic locations.

    To illustrate this point, let me tell a brief story: Recently, I was on vacation in an area of the country far away from my own, and I saw many individuals wearing items of clothing that bore the insignia of my team. I approached one such individual and asked him if he originated from my area. He said no, explaining that he simply liked the team from my area and had for many years. Interestingly enough, during this trip, I saw no clothing or other paraphernalia bearing the insignia of your team.

    Do you still doubt that the team from your area is inferior to the one from mine? Just look at our teams' respective histories. In the past, we have defeated you on any number of occasions. Granted, there were times when your team beat my team, but those were lucky flukes.

    The day of the game will soon be at hand. And no matter how hard you pray to a higher power or how many foam accoutrements you wear in support of the team from your area, your team will be defeated. We will win and you will lose. This is your fate.

    Prepare for humiliation. It shall be upon you at the designated hour.

    (Note: for any Seawolves fortunate enough to make it past the first sentence, this is an all time Onion classic: https://www.theonion.com/blogpost/you...s-team-f-10804)
    HA! I knew while reading this that it didn't sound like "you".
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    HA! I knew while reading this that it didn't sound like "you".
    The Onion was used for a lot of term papers for the UA_ Hockey team in past years.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    UAA and UA_ That about sums it up.
    Well who's coming to town for the odd year holiday shopping and Hockey series?

    _airbanks is probably the only team where fans don't like to talk about coming to town to their fellow coworkers, neighbors, relatives, even the guys at the mall ,because all would have a list of crap a mile long for you to pick up for them and they will pay you when you bring it over.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  8. #8
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,336

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    It's time to win this *ing thing.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    It's time to win this *ing thing.
    I suggest you take lots of penalties in order to have the best chance of scoring against us.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I suggest you take lots of penalties in order to have the best chance of scoring against us.
    I presume the almost Embellishment acting class must not be working out?
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  11. #11
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,785

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I suggest you take lots of penalties in order to have the best chance of scoring against us.
    No kidding. I watched (with great amusement) the two short handed goals that the Lakers scored this past weekend.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  12. #12
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,785

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    I presume the almost Embellishment acting class must not be working out?
    Embellishment is the WCHA ref's new favorite penalty. They have all but forgotten what an actual CFB penalty looks like.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  13. #13
    AKA - "Drop The Puck"
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    1,954

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I suggest you take lots of penalties in order to have the best chance of scoring against us.
    Be interesting to see if the WCHA assigns newbs to ref this ... we've had loads of newb refs it seems this season. Nobody we've played has committed a major penalty against us. Not to play the victim ... I think we're just going to overcome the zebra conspiracy with excellent play.

    Historically, UAF has not only quantitatively but qualitatively run UAA goalies far beyond any other competition. Actually, it seems like a tradition. I mention this trait of the team up north because this season I've never seen a UAA goalie run as often as Mantha has been. Penn State ran him at least 6 times in two games and few if any series saw much lower numbers. I have no scientific basis for this claim. It's entirely anecdotal but I'm reasonably certain of my current perceptions versus my memory of past seasons.

    So, how many times is UAF going to run Mantha this weekend?

  14. #14
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,785

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Be interesting to see if the WCHA assigns newbs to ref this ... we've had loads of newb refs it seems this season. Nobody we've played has committed a major penalty against us. Not to play the victim ... I think we're just going to overcome the zebra conspiracy with excellent play.

    Historically, UAF has not only quantitatively but qualitatively run UAA goalies far beyond any other competition. Actually, it seems like a tradition. I mention this trait of the team up north because this season I've never seen a UAA goalie run as often as Mantha has been. Penn State ran him at least 6 times in two games and few if any series saw much lower numbers. I have no scientific basis for this claim. It's entirely anecdotal but I'm reasonably certain of my current perceptions versus my memory of past seasons.

    So, how many times is UAF going to run Mantha this weekend?
    Probably at least once each game. Mantha is tough though ... the only other UAA goalie who got runover consistently was Lawson, but he was always getting hurt.

    On PAPER this series surely favors UAA. Coming off a sweep of Tech in Houghton, while Tech and Lake State just swept the Nanooks in their barn. However, when these two teams meet throw all the stats out the window. Remember UAA's season from "HE double hockey sticks"? Yep, that one. I think the Nanooks were the only win that season. Lots of ties, but UA_ was the only team UAA beat. Nuff said. It's gonna take the same effort it took against Tech. So don't get cocky Seawolves. Work hard and the 4 points are yours.
    Last edited by Suze; 12-07-2015 at 01:24 AM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  15. #15
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,715

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by uaafanblog View Post
    So, how many times is UAF going to run Mantha this weekend?
    You guys have this one in the bag. I heard Coach Thomas was going to rest his starters.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  16. #16
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,785

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    You guys have this one in the bag. I heard Coach Thomas was going to rest his starters.
    I hope Mantha plays both games. And I hope the banged up guys are healed up!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    However, when these two teams meet throw all the stats out the window.
    Amen
    Nuff said

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by uaafanblog View Post

    Historically, UAF has not only quantitatively but qualitatively run UAA goalies far beyond any other competition. Actually, it seems like a tradition.
    It's because we do not like you.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    You guys have this one in the bag. I heard Coach Thomas was going to rest his starters.
    Any word if Frye is playing this weekend? That was a whopper of a blindside hit he took Saturday and he took a long time to get up. Bad loss for us if he's out.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: UA_ @ UAA Dec 11 &12 …… Why? ….. Because it’s never too early.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    You guys have this one in the bag. I heard Coach Thomas was going to rest his starters.
    where did you find that bag? ...no don't tell me.

    I do have to say and it's hard, but Bruce has stepped up his show. But that Huntsville announcer....... He is the new hands down red lantern winner.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •