UND @ SCSU: The Fighting Hawks Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ SCSU: The Fighting Hawks Era Begins

I think the new name should be amended to Fightng Hwks, since the players are always missing vowels in their name. Hrynkiw, Chyzyk, Prpich, Hrkac, etc.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      I think the new name should be amended to Fightng Hwks, since the players are always missing vowels in their name. Hrynkiw, Chyzyk, Prpich, Hrkac, etc.
      That's very hockey-centric of you. UND does play and win national championships in other sports too.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        That's very hockey-centric of you. UND does play and win national championships in other sports too.
        Only UND non-hockey athlete I know is John Bowenkamp and that is because I worked at Sears with him in High School.
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Because I have spoken with Biddco and RWD on this exact matter and seeing as they are the originators of call/cheer/whatever you want to call it, their spelling of it is canon.
          And therefore if I am MOCKING it, I can spell it however I like. Plus its two different schools, so why couldn't it be spelled differently?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            And therefore if I am MOCKING it, I can spell it however I like. Plus its two different schools, so why couldn't it be spelled differently?
            Because I said so. It is spelled the same and whether you agree with this or not is completely irrelevant.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              You know what a vowel is, right? A, E, I, O, U. Sometimes Y. All those names have vowels in them. You even left an I in "Fightng"
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I think it's great SCSU has gone from a program that had never won an NCAA tournament game to one that has.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  You know what a vowel is, right? A, E, I, O, U. Sometimes Y. All those names have vowels in them. You even left an I in "Fightng"
                  No, I don't know what a vowel is, you jackoff. You got me. Those names look totally normal. Couldn't possibly use any more vowels.

Comment

Wait... So Kent Hrbek went to UND?!?
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Gameday bump!
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Anybody going to Brothers tomorrow for the social? I am looking to brawl with some UND fans in the parking lot.

Comment

Word has it that this game will be on fox sports north tonight.

Should be great fun to see jan brady fans mixed in with some fawk fans on the tube, arctic cat jackets and missing teeth notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

Should be great fun to see jan brady fans mixed in with some fawk fans on the tube, arctic cat jackets and missing teeth notwithstanding.
                            A bunch of SCSU games will be on FSN this year. I don't know the count, only that it gets mentioned on the SCSU broadcasts.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's spelled with a K, you dunce.
                              Yep, Cawk
                              UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

As an added bonus, you'll finally get to see some decent college hockey played.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X