But to your point I have some concerns about the direction recruiting in general is trending, beyond the B1G proposal. Between some programs securing VERY EARLY commitments (with both players and coaches recanting said commitments), some programs stockpiling recruits and then having to cut players, and other programs building entirely around older players -- there's much more volatility than ever IMO. But I'll table this discussion for another time.
Was Kolias a Parker recruit?- committed in fall of 2013 and the plan all along was for 2016
Need 4year players along with the elite who leave early
* Somerby (high)
* Macleod (low-medium) -- I really hope he stays, but he hasn't played well and needs to play the way he did much of last season in order to regain a regular role.
* Hickey (low) -- I think he needs at least 1 more year. Haven't seen his offensive game progress this year. Calgary has typically been more patient with the NCAA players they take in 3rd round (i.e. Gaudreau, Gillies, Jankowski). I also wouldn't be surprised if Hickey is next year's captain.
* Krys (low) -- There were some rumors circulating from Canada a while back that he might to go the Q, but nothing since. Won't assume anything until he's in the lineup opening night next season.
* Fabbro (low) -- Getting him to commit was huge, but you never know. Also, won't assume anything until he's in the lineup opening night next season.
* McAvoy -- He needs at least another year, probably 2. He's projected to go in middle of the 1st round, so it's more likely the team drafting him doesn't have an immediate need for him to fill.
Am I correct that Somerby will be very close to graduating at the end of the spring semester?
Re McAvoy: Was wondering if any college defensemen besides Hanifan have gone directly to the NHL after one year in college. Leetch and Lachance both played in the NHL during the season after freshman year, but in both cases it was late in the season after playing with Team USA in the Olympics.
All depends on who drafts Charlie.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)