Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 812

Thread: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

  1. #641
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    Any idea what is going on with Quinnipiac losing these good kids to BU?
    You might get a better response to this question in a QU thread.
    I have no inside info to these situations, but I do know QU had a wave of 4 or 5 cuts/roster-removals/whatever-you-want-to-call-it this offseason. If my kid had committed to a school that did that I would reevaluate my trust in the school, since obviously no one wants that to happen to their kid. No idea if that's what happened here, but it would be a consideration for me if I was in this situation.

  2. #642
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Newest recruit Ethan Phillips' first career USHL goal was the game-winner for Sioux Falls last night. Phillips, a right-shot forward for Selects Hockey Academy 18U, is on loan to the Stampede this weekend and next.


  3. #643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,756

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Agganis View Post
    You might get a better response to this question in a QU thread.
    I have no inside info to these situations, but I do know QU had a wave of 4 or 5 cuts/roster-removals/whatever-you-want-to-call-it this offseason. If my kid had committed to a school that did that I would reevaluate my trust in the school, since obviously no one wants that to happen to their kid. No idea if that's what happened here, but it would be a consideration for me if I was in this situation.
    2 guys were dismissed during last season for discipline reasons. 4 others were let go but its not like they didn't land on there feet. 2 went home to play college hockey in Canada and two transferred to NCAA D3 schools. Its not like they cut good players anyways. 3 of the 4 were healthy scratches every night. Its no different than a big school recruiting a player as a 14 year old but him not developing and that school walking away from them. Scholarships are one year commitments anyways that are renewed after every year anyways.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  4. #644
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,470
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    2 guys were dismissed during last season for discipline reasons. 4 others were let go but its not like they didn't land on there feet. 2 went home to play college hockey in Canada and two transferred to NCAA D3 schools. Its not like they cut good players anyways. 3 of the 4 were healthy scratches every night. Its no different than a big school recruiting a player as a 14 year old but him not developing and that school walking away from them. Scholarships are one year commitments anyways that are renewed after every year anyways.
    I wouldn't bother arguing with BurntBoats. If it was BC who got the kids previously committed to QU, he'd be crying about how BC steals recruits/doesn't follow the gentleman's agreement.

  5. #645
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,263

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Its no different than a big school recruiting a player as a 14 year old but him not developing and that school walking away from them. Scholarships are one year commitments anyways that are renewed after every year anyways.
    Yes, my point is both of these are a bad situation to be in for the kid and his parents. I would reevaluate my hypothetical child's commitment should it turn out that the school they committed to had a history of either walking away from commitments, or treating commitments as year to year -as opposed to 4 year- commitments, since I assume none of us would want to be scrambling to find a new school either before enrolling, or during an offseason before you have a degree (where the only option to not sit out a year would be to not play D1 hockey anymore).

  6. #646
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    7,095

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Has anyone seen any recruiting class rankings for this season? Havenít seen any on USCHO or college hockey news.

  7. #647
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,778
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    2 guys were dismissed during last season for discipline reasons. 4 others were let go but its not like they didn't land on there feet. 2 went home to play college hockey in Canada and two transferred to NCAA D3 schools. Its not like they cut good players anyways. 3 of the 4 were healthy scratches every night. Its no different than a big school recruiting a player as a 14 year old but him not developing and that school walking away from them. Scholarships are one year commitments anyways that are renewed after every year anyways.
    Who cuts good players

  8. #648
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,286

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Has anyone seen any recruiting class rankings for this season? Havenít seen any on USCHO or college hockey news.
    I saw at least one. I was surprised that BU wasn't on it/them, and one of them was I think a list of 10 (maybe 8?). I thought Farabee and Wise alone would get us into he top 10, but there are so many college bound USNDTP payers that go in the first couple rounds now that I guess many programs are in a similar place.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  9. #649
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Trevor Zegras named USHL forward of the week after seven points in two weekend games. Heís been on a tear with 16 points in seven games, including three assists vs. BU. Now one point behind Jack Hughes for U18s scoring lead and ahead of him in PPG.
    https://tinyurl.com/ycsotbf4

  10. #650
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    760

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I saw at least one. I was surprised that BU wasn't on it/them, and one of them was I think a list of 10 (maybe 8?). I thought Farabee and Wise alone would get us into he top 10, but there are so many college bound USNDTP payers that go in the first couple rounds now that I guess many programs are in a similar place.
    You can find all of this data on the main page of "Neutral Zone" which may require you to join. Last year (this year's Frosh) ranked near the top. They show future years classes based on what is known. Next fall, BU is somewhere around 10th IIRC.

    Having said that, these rankings are done numerically and based on their somewhat subjective 1-5 Star scouting system multiplied by the number of recruits who have committed. Projections of team success based on these ranking are nearly useless. Otherwise we would be able to count on seeing BU,BC, Michigan and NoDak in the Frozen Four each April!

    We'll see your guys at Matthews on Thursday. I know you'll bring lots of fans to give aid and comfort to your young'uns a.k.a. the team.

  11. #651
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by HHound View Post
    You can find all of this data on the main page of "Neutral Zone" which may require you to join. Last year (this year's Frosh) ranked near the top. They show future years classes based on what is known. Next fall, BU is somewhere around 10th IIRC.

    Having said that, these rankings are done numerically and based on their somewhat subjective 1-5 Star scouting system multiplied by the number of recruits who have committed. Projections of team success based on these ranking are nearly useless. Otherwise we would be able to count on seeing BU,BC, Michigan and NoDak in the Frozen Four each April!

    We'll see your guys at Matthews on Thursday. I know you'll bring lots of fans to give aid and comfort to your young'uns a.k.a. the team.
    NeutralZone now obscures most of its recruit-class ranking information for non-subscribers. While player rankings are understandably subjective, the site, unfortunately, makes lots of mistakes about the class year of recruits. Right now BU's 2020 class is ranked #1 with 10 recruits. Problem is, four of them are 2019 recruits--Zegras, Phillips, Fensore and Gorman. That said, I've heard that NZ scout Mark Billotta's opinion is respected.

  12. #652
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Good profile piece on RD Case McCarthy who says he models his game on McAvoy's.

    Trevor Zegras tied with Jack Hughes for the NTDP U18s scoring lead.

  13. #653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    LW Robert Mastrosimone of Chicago Steel added to the NTDP U18s for the Five Nations Tourney in the Czech Republic. Joins Zegras, Vlasic, McCarthy and Fensore on 23-man roster. Mastro is the Steel's top scorer with 8-5-13 in 11 games. Played for U.S. in the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament this past summer.
    https://www.chicagosteelhockeyteam.c...le/show/966137

    Update: 2020 recruit Cade Webber, who played in the U18 exhibition at Agganis, has also been added to Team USA. So six future Terriers on the roster.
    Last edited by Rogie21; 11-06-2018 at 02:07 PM.

  14. #654
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Six future Terriers in the U.S. line-up today vs. Czech Republic at 5 Nations. 1 p.m. ET.
    Line-up and free livestream links

  15. #655
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4


    A pair of 2019 recruits combine for the tournament-title winning goal. Zegras had 9 points in the tournament and has 9G, 17A in last 12 games.

  16. #656
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4


    2019 recruit Phillips previously spent two weekends with Sioux Falls, 2G+4A in four games. Nova Scotia native had 9-10-19 in 20 games with @SelectsAcademy 18U; 68 points last year with the 16Us.

  17. #657
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    2019 recruit Domenick Fensore.



    2019 recruit Trevor Zegras named USHL Forward of the Week for the second time in three weeks. 33 pts overall in 19 games.
    2021 recruit Jeremy Wilmer way out in front in the Tier 1 Elite League scoring race, averaging 2.85 points per game.
    https://tinyurl.com/yb8cc7w9

  18. #658
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4


    Doyle is a 2020 BU recruit, expected to spend next season with USHL Dubuque. He impressed at the Fighting Saints' summer camp.

  19. #659
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    BU gets its second commitment for 2022, LD Lane Hutson, who joins North Jersey Avalanche power forward Devin Kaplan.


  20. #660
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,286

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    BU gets its second commitment for 2022, LD Lane Hutson, who joins North Jersey Avalanche power forward Devin Kaplan.

    4.25 rating from NZ (not that we can tell a whole lot 3.5 years away). Not bad...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •