Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    The Bruins are going to push JFK hard after one year, but didn't successfully/didn't try to get Grzelcyk to sign after any of his first three years?
    B's don't have immediate need for him in Boston nor Providence. Nor are they an organization that rushes their prospects. Why sign him to ELC, send him to Providence and lose control of him to FA at an earlier age when he can continue developing at BU?

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      B's don't have immediate need for him in Boston nor Providence. Nor are they an organization that rushes their prospects. Why sign him to ELC, send him to Providence and lose control of him to FA at an earlier age when he can continue developing at BU?
      Because Hokydad Jr. knows people in the know and they told him so it's 100% credible.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Because Hokydad Jr. knows people in the know and they told him so it's 100% credible.
        All I am telling you is what I have heard what the Bruins are thinking. The Quinn thing comes from inside BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Heard from several sources that Harper for next year is likely. It will be interesting to see if he joins Omaha for its final dozen or so games, now that Avon's season is over. Not long ago, Quinn reportedly indicated the need for another impact forward for next season, so Harper would fill that need. Just a guess for next year:
          Harper-JFK-Andren
          Bellows-Keller-Greenway
          Patrick Harper makes his USHL debut for Omaha tonight
          https://***********/OmahaLancers/sta...10712638443521
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

A new recruit, Patrick Curry who's playing for Bloomington (USHL).

Pat curry ‏@pcurry19
            Proud to announce my commitment to play D1 college hockey at Boston University. Thanks to everyone that helped me along the way. #Terriers🐾
            http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248331

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              A new recruit, Patrick Curry who's playing for Bloomington (USHL).
              http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248331
              20 years old.5-10, 186, LW from Schaumberg,, Ill. (Zach Cohen's hometown). Fifth leading scorer for Bloomington with 17-16-33 in 55 games, including 10 PPGs.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlIsgXFA3vI

Comment

Does this mean someone is leaving early or not coming?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  Does this mean someone is leaving early or not coming?
                  5th leading scorer (.5pt/gm) on his team as a 20yo??? maybe he just got accepted into school and was invited to walk on
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    5th leading scorer (.5pt/gm) on his team as a 20yo??? maybe he just got accepted into school and was invited to walk on
                    No inside info, but I'd guess he, Udahl, Kelley, and Lawrence are depth walk ons who are not promised any playing time, but are on the roster for injury and midseason departure insurance (so that BU wouldn't need to add two players over break if there is a scare like Ahti+Greer next year). While the other 13 forwards on the roster are initially expected to rotate through the 12 forward spots. I wouldn't be surprised if by their junior or senior year Curry and Udahl crack that rotation for the 12 forward spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      No inside info, but I'd guess he, Udahl, Kelley, and Lawrence are depth walk ons who are not promised any playing time, but are on the roster for injury and midseason departure insurance (so that BU wouldn't need to add two players over break if there is a scare like Ahti+Greer next year). While the other 13 forwards on the roster are initially expected to rotate through the 12 forward spots. I wouldn't be surprised if by their junior or senior year Curry and Udahl crack that rotation for the 12 forward spots.
                      Hopefully, but when someone uses the word "commit" or "commitment," it usually implies scholarship. Which is why I was concerned that we were just grabbing best available player due to a late developing numbers issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        Hopefully, but when someone uses the word "commit" or "commitment," it usually implies scholarship. Which is why I was concerned that we were just grabbing best available player due to a late developing numbers issue.
                        Actually it doesn't
                        Many commits get zero money

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          what hoky said.

Comment

Oettinger story from USA Hockey
                            http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_ar...rrer_id=666974

Comment

Four of the 12 forwards named to the 2016-17 NTDP U17s are future Terriers: 2018 recruits Jake Wise, Tyler Weiss and Jack DeBoer, and 2019 recruit Joel Farabee.
                              http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_ar...rrer_id=654408

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Four of the 12 forwards named to the 2016-17 NTDP U17s are future Terriers: 2018 recruits Jake Wise, Tyler Weiss and Jack DeBoer, and 2019 recruit Joel Farabee.
                                http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_ar...rrer_id=654408
                                Deboer 2nd rd pick

Nice knowing you......

Comment

Working...
                                X