BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Has anyone seen any recruiting class rankings for this season? Haven’t seen any on USCHO or college hockey news.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      2 guys were dismissed during last season for discipline reasons. 4 others were let go but its not like they didn't land on there feet. 2 went home to play college hockey in Canada and two transferred to NCAA D3 schools. Its not like they cut good players anyways. 3 of the 4 were healthy scratches every night. Its no different than a big school recruiting a player as a 14 year old but him not developing and that school walking away from them. Scholarships are one year commitments anyways that are renewed after every year anyways.
      Who cuts good players
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Has anyone seen any recruiting class rankings for this season? Haven’t seen any on USCHO or college hockey news.
        I saw at least one. I was surprised that BU wasn't on it/them, and one of them was I think a list of 10 (maybe 8?). I thought Farabee and Wise alone would get us into he top 10, but there are so many college bound USNDTP payers that go in the first couple rounds now that I guess many programs are in a similar place.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Trevor Zegras named USHL forward of the week after seven points in two weekend games. He’s been on a tear with 16 points in seven games, including three assists vs. BU. Now one point behind Jack Hughes for U18s scoring lead and ahead of him in PPG.
          https://tinyurl.com/ycsotbf4
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            I saw at least one. I was surprised that BU wasn't on it/them, and one of them was I think a list of 10 (maybe 8?). I thought Farabee and Wise alone would get us into he top 10, but there are so many college bound USNDTP payers that go in the first couple rounds now that I guess many programs are in a similar place.
            You can find all of this data on the main page of "Neutral Zone" which may require you to join. Last year (this year's Frosh) ranked near the top. They show future years classes based on what is known. Next fall, BU is somewhere around 10th IIRC.

Having said that, these rankings are done numerically and based on their somewhat subjective 1-5 Star scouting system multiplied by the number of recruits who have committed. Projections of team success based on these ranking are nearly useless. Otherwise we would be able to count on seeing BU,BC, Michigan and NoDak in the Frozen Four each April!

We'll see your guys at Matthews on Thursday. I know you'll bring lots of fans to give aid and comfort to your young'uns a.k.a. the team.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
              You can find all of this data on the main page of "Neutral Zone" which may require you to join. Last year (this year's Frosh) ranked near the top. They show future years classes based on what is known. Next fall, BU is somewhere around 10th IIRC.

Having said that, these rankings are done numerically and based on their somewhat subjective 1-5 Star scouting system multiplied by the number of recruits who have committed. Projections of team success based on these ranking are nearly useless. Otherwise we would be able to count on seeing BU,BC, Michigan and NoDak in the Frozen Four each April!

We'll see your guys at Matthews on Thursday. I know you'll bring lots of fans to give aid and comfort to your young'uns a.k.a. the team.
              NeutralZone now obscures most of its recruit-class ranking information for non-subscribers. While player rankings are understandably subjective, the site, unfortunately, makes lots of mistakes about the class year of recruits. Right now BU's 2020 class is ranked #1 with 10 recruits. Problem is, four of them are 2019 recruits--Zegras, Phillips, Fensore and Gorman. That said, I've heard that NZ scout Mark Billotta's opinion is respected.

Comment

Good profile piece on RD Case McCarthy who says he models his game on McAvoy's.

Trevor Zegras tied with Jack Hughes for the NTDP U18s scoring lead.

Comment

LW Robert Mastrosimone of Chicago Steel added to the NTDP U18s for the Five Nations Tourney in the Czech Republic. Joins Zegras, Vlasic, McCarthy and Fensore on 23-man roster. Mastro is the Steel's top scorer with 8-5-13 in 11 games. Played for U.S. in the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament this past summer.
                  https://www.chicagosteelhockeyteam.c...le/show/966137

Update: 2020 recruit Cade Webber, who played in the U18 exhibition at Agganis, has also been added to Team USA. So six future Terriers on the roster.
                  Last edited by Rogie21; 11-06-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Six future Terriers in the U.S. line-up today vs. Czech Republic at 5 Nations. 1 p.m. ET.
                    Line-up and free livestream links

Comment

A pair of 2019 recruits combine for the tournament-title winning goal. Zegras had 9 points in the tournament and has 9G, 17A in last 12 games.

Comment

2019 recruit Phillips previously spent two weekends with Sioux Falls, 2G+4A in four games. Nova Scotia native had 9-10-19 in 20 games with @SelectsAcademy 18U; 68 points last year with the 16Us.

Comment

2019 recruit Domenick Fensore.

2019 recruit Trevor Zegras named USHL Forward of the Week for the second time in three weeks. 33 pts overall in 19 games.
                          2021 recruit Jeremy Wilmer way out in front in the Tier 1 Elite League scoring race, averaging 2.85 points per game.
                          https://tinyurl.com/yb8cc7w9

Comment

Doyle is a 2020 BU recruit, expected to spend next season with USHL Dubuque. He impressed at the Fighting Saints' summer camp.

Comment

BU gets its second commitment for 2022, LD Lane Hutson, who joins North Jersey Avalanche power forward Devin Kaplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                BU gets its second commitment for 2022, LD Lane Hutson, who joins North Jersey Avalanche power forward Devin Kaplan.

4.25 rating from NZ (not that we can tell a whole lot 3.5 years away). Not bad...
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X