Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 812

Thread: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

  1. #781
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,982

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I know Neutral Zone doesn't have the most reliable rankings, but it looks like they are giving BU their top ranking for incoming classes. BC at #2.
    uw is the best incoming class.

  2. #782
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    2020 recruit Wilmer Skoog named NAHL Forward of the Month for September. 6’2” left-shot from Stockholm leads the league in scoring with 15 points in 8 games and is co-leader in goals with 7 on 17 shots.
    “Wilmer has come into this season with a purpose, and has been locked in ever since stepping foot into Maryland,” said Maryland Black Bears Head Coach Clint Mylymok. “He’s a talented individual with a competitive drive, and his work ethic is off the charts. Wilmer has great leadership skills and that has been a tremendous help as we progress into our second season.

  3. #783
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    At the 2019 New England District 16-U Championship this past weekend, 2022 recruit Ryan Greene was the top ranked forward by NE Hockey Journal. Greene, the Selects Academy 16U top center has 39 points (15G,24A) in 29 games.
    1. Ryan Greene
    Selects Academy, 10/21/03, C, right shot, 6-1/160
    NCAA commit: Boston University
    Green was the best 16-U forward in the region this fall after Zachary Bolduc left Mount Saint Charles for Rimouski in the QMJHL. Green skates well and is a 200-foot center who can score and set up teammates. He played point on the power play and scored on it. His skating, vision and hockey sense are all elite.

  4. #784
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    BU has a new commitment for its 2022 recruit class. Jack Harvey, a 5’9” left-shot forward from #2-ranked Gentry Galaxy 16U in Minnesota. He was the 19th overall pick in the 2019 USHL Futures Draft by Chicago and has suited up for the Steel in one game this season. The 16-year-old has 24 goals and 16 assists in 16 games this season for the Gentry 16U squad after putting up 37 points in 13 games last year for the 15Us. A prolific scorer, Harvey became a hot commodity following a strong performance in the USHL Fall Classic in September.
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...11/jack-harvey
    Last edited by Rogie21; 11-21-2019 at 08:36 PM.

  5. #785
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    583

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    I know Neutral Zone doesn't have the most reliable rankings, but it looks like they are giving BU their top ranking for incoming classes. BC at #2.
    When do all these #1 recruiting class rankings, seemingly year after year, turn back into national poll rankings?

  6. #786
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    BU gets a 2022 commit from right-shot power forward Doug Grimes. Plays for former Terrier Dan Donato at Dexter School. More on the blog.


  7. #787
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    577

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    According to Heisenberg, BU received a commitment from Charles-Alexis Legault, an 03' defenseman who plays for Lac St. Louis in Quebec (he was a 2nd round pick in the 2019 QMJHL Draft).
    He's the son of former Terrier Alex Legault. And in case that wasn't enough of a reference to that era: he hails from Pierrefonds, Quebec, hometown of Eric Labrosse.
    Last edited by srsterrier; 12-18-2019 at 05:54 PM.

  8. #788
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    In addition to Legault, BU also has a commitment from North Jersey Avalanche 16U goalie Anton Castro from Mendota Heights, Minn. Both are for 2021. Details on both recruits.

    Castro is the fifth current or former Av in BU's pipeline, joining current 16U teammates F Devin Kaplan (2022) and D Lane Hutson (2022); 18U F Quinn Hutson (2021) and Jeremy Wilmer (2021), who skated for the 16Us last season and now is with the NTDP U17s.

    Quote Originally Posted by srsterrier View Post
    According to Heisenberg, BU received a commitment from Charles-Alexis Legault, an 03' defenseman who plays for Lac St. Louis in Quebec (he was a 2nd round pick in the 2019 QMJHL Draft).
    He's the son of former Terrier Alex Legault. And in case that wasn't enough of a reference to that era: he hails from Pierrefonds, Quebec, hometown of Eric Labrosse.

  9. #789
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    In addition to Legault, BU also has a commitment from North Jersey Avalanche 16U goalie Anton Castro from Mendota Heights, Minn. Both are for 2021. Details on both recruits.

    Castro is the fifth current or former Av in BU's pipeline, joining current 16U teammates F Devin Kaplan (2022) and D Lane Hutson (2022); 18U F Quinn Hutson (2021) and Jeremy Wilmer (2021), who skated for the 16Us last season and now is with the NTDP U17s.

    Elite Prospects has Castro in the 2021 class, while Heisenberg has him arriving in 2022. If, as rumored, BU is adding a goaltender for second semester, then 2022 would seem more likely. With the recent additions of Jack Harvey (2022), Nick Zabaneh (2021), Legault (2021) and Castro. BU has 24 commits in its pipeline.

  10. #790
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    322
    nice piece on future tender
    https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1073691

  11. #791
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    NHL Central Scouting midterms have Commesso ranked #2 among N.American goalies. Forwards: Peterson #34, Tuch #34, Shlaine #112.

    So, very likely no first-round pick, but also unlikely any one-and-dones.

  12. #792
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    So, very likely no first-round pick, but also unlikely any one-and-dones.
    Inshalla

  13. #793
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,440

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    NHL Central Scouting midterms have Commesso ranked #2 among N.American goalies. Forwards: Peterson #34, Tuch #34, Shlaine #112.

    So, very likely no first-round pick, but also unlikely any one-and-dones.
    So....three and dones?

  14. #794
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    20

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Artem Shlaine who was expected to come in fall of 2021 has signed his NLI for next fall. Could possibly mean a forward expected to come next year will not be coming.

  15. #795
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    57

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by cridge View Post
    Artem Shlaine who was expected to come in fall of 2021 has signed his NLI for next fall. Could possibly mean a forward expected to come next year will not be coming.
    Any speculation on who might not be coming? Might it be Jay O'Brien?

  16. #796
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    3,283

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by OldAlum View Post
    Any speculation on who might not be coming? Might it be Jay O'Brien?
    Or could it be related to Skoog coming early? I guess in terms of actual roster spots, the fact that he arrived early wouldn't change the numbers for next year. Other forwards for next years class besides O'Brien are: Tuch, Peterson, Connors, Carrabes, and Zabaneh.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  17. #797
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,058

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4


    Drew Commesso had a strong performance in the BioSteel All-American game, stopping 10 of 11 shots including a breakaway. The only goal he gave up went off a diving d-man's stick. Central Scouting ranked him #2 among N.American goalies for the 2020 draft.

  18. #798
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,442

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Or could it be related to Skoog coming early? I guess in terms of actual roster spots, the fact that he arrived early wouldn't change the numbers for next year. Other forwards for next years class besides O'Brien are: Tuch, Peterson, Connors, Carrabes, and Zabaneh.
    BU would need to replace 5 forwards (Curry, Harper, Chabot, Brink, Zegras -- assuming he's 1-and-done) and would have the following 5 forwards currently slated to come this Fall:

    O'Brien
    Peterson
    Shlaine
    Tuch
    Zabaneh

    I believe Carrabes and Connors are 2021-22 commits; both would be 20 years old as Freshmen.

  19. #799
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,440

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    I may have missed this but are they red-shirting Amonte?

  20. #800
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,442

    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    I may have missed this but are they red-shirting Amonte?
    Yes; he'll have 2 years' eligibility remaining. Next year's projected forward corps could be:

    Seniors
    Cockerill
    Witkowski

    Juniors
    Amonte (redshirt)
    deBoer
    Quercia
    Wise

    Sophomores
    O'Brien (PC transfer)
    Armstrong
    Boguslavsky
    Mastrosimone
    Phillips
    Skoog
    Stevens

    Freshmen
    Peterson
    Shlaine
    Tuch
    Zabaneh

    17 forwards. A deep group if anything barring any other roster changes after this season.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •