BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Spoke to an advisor this week who said that a big BU recruit will be flying off to juniors. Wouldn't say who though.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
      Spoke to an advisor this week who said that a big BU recruit will be flying off to juniors. Wouldn't say who though.
      It's a NTDP player who I won't name because I can't stand the CHL but this is not a new rumor.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        It's a NTDP player who I won't name because I can't stand the CHL but this is not a new rumor.
        Bellows has been rumored since he was still in MN, but I could see it being any of the big four.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
          Yeah, Saint John still thinks they're getting Eichel after the all-star break.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Yeah, Saint John still thinks they're getting Eichel after the all-star break.
            Eichel is still young enough to play another season in the QMJHL...

Of the NTDP 4, I think Keller was selected in the OHL Draft (Windsor), Krys in the Q Draft (Moncton), Bellows and Oettinger in the WHL Draft (both by Portland). If it's Keller or Oettinger, that will hurt BU even more than if it's Bellows or Krys IMO based on BU's needs and positional depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              Eichel is still young enough to play another season in the QMJHL...

Of the NTDP 4, I think Keller was selected in the OHL Draft (Windsor), Krys in the Q Draft (Moncton), Bellows and Oettinger in the WHL Draft (both by Portland). If it's Keller or Oettinger, that will hurt BU even more than if it's Bellows or Krys IMO based on BU's needs and positional depth.
              Rumor that I've seen appear all over Twitter the past couple of weeks has been Krys to Moncton. Hasn't been by anyone of note, but rumors nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by ZRhett1 View Post
                Rumor that I've seen appear all over Twitter the past couple of weeks has been Krys to Moncton. Hasn't been by anyone of note, but rumors nonetheless.
                That's the last one of the four I thought it would be. It would be odd for someone who took quite a long time (by today's standards) to pick a school, pick the one his father was captain at, and then jump ship. I mean why go through all that if you have already been drafted (in other words not just trying to drop in the draft to get to a better team, a la Esposito, etc.)?

I would think it would be more likely to be one of the forwards, since they are from the Midwest.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

If one is indeed thinking of going to the Q (not surprising at all), perhaps A.J. Greer's enormous 1-4-5 14 PIM through 12 GP line could serve as a deterrent. Obviously different levels of player, but going Q does not automatically equal monster stats.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    That's the last one of the four I thought it would be. It would be odd for someone who took quite a long time (by today's standards) to pick a school, pick the one his father was captain at, and then jump ship. I mean why go through all that if you have already been drafted (in other words not just trying to drop in the draft to get to a better team, a la Esposito, etc.)?

I would think it would be more likely to be one of the forwards, since they are from the Midwest.
                    I agree, though his line in the interview a few posts ago is interesting. Something about choosing his next step wasn't the easiest thing to do. Probably nothing, but interesting.

Comment

There were a flurry of posts on Hockeysfuture.com on Jan. 10 with rumors that Krys would be heading to Moncton for the rest of this season and some noted that he'd not been in the NTDP lineup for a game that weekend.

[/QUOTE] It is just a rumour for now and nothing confirmed but apparently Moncton is making a major announcement tomorrow and it's been rumoured from a few scouts that it will be Krys joining the team.[/QUOTE]

This is one of those posts made on Jan. 10th; another post reported a denial from the Moncton GM, FWIW.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        There were a flurry of posts on Hockeysfuture.com on Jan. 10 with rumors that Krys would be heading to Moncton for the rest of this season and some noted that he'd not been in the NTDP lineup for a game that weekend.
                        It is just a rumour for now and nothing confirmed but apparently Moncton is making a major announcement tomorrow and it's been rumoured from a few scouts that it will be Krys joining the team.[/QUOTE]

This is one of those posts made on Jan. 10th; another post reported a denial from the Moncton GM, FWIW.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't Krys stock fallen the most since he committed?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          Hasn't Krys stock fallen the most since he committed?
                          CSS had him as a projected to go in the 2nd round when he committed, this fall they moved him up to the 1st round, and then in January ranked him as the 30th NA skater, which means probably very early second round. So not falling according to them, I'm not sure if another group of scouts dropped him, but I don't really look.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            CSS had him as a projected to go in the 2nd round when he committed, this fall they moved him up to the 1st round, and then in January ranked him as the 30th NA skater, which means probably very early second round. So not falling according to them, I'm not sure if another group of scouts dropped him, but I don't really look.
                            Ok. I had heard that he was a top #15 pick (my error perhaps) and when I saw him at #30, I thought the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              A few post-WJC rankings for Krys:
                              #26 in Future Considerations’ January ranking.
                              #22 in International Scouting Services’ January ranking
                              Didn’t make the top 30 in HockeyProspect.com’s January ranking.

On separate recruiting topic, listen to end of Ahti’s interview on the new Inside BU Hockey podcast.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Well, if we don't get the son of one of the guys from the 91 team, Quinn just goes for another....saw on Twitter that Ty Amonte is headed to BU. And yes I know, one of Keith Tkachuk's kids is coming to BU, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X