BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Well if O'Brien comes in 2020 or not, we have our own "high-expectations not met, significantly impacted by injuries" guy this fall in Jake Wise. I expect (hope, mostly) he will have a very good sophomore season.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
      Update on #Flyers Jay O'Brien situation. O'Brien decided on the USHL, more talented league than BCHL, in hopes to showcase his talent against better competition. His goal is to earn his ELC & play for LV Phantoms in 2020. If not will go to BU in 2020. #FlyersTalk #LetsGoFlyers
      So if he has a mediocre season next year he will come to BU for one year. Just drop him now, I think BU will be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        So if he has a mediocre season next year he will come to BU for one year. Just drop him now, I think BU will be better off.
        This may be a case of an athlete who peaked at 18 and has beenpassed by those that he thought he had left behind. That happens to less talented, less visible athletes all the time. His freshman year "accomplishments" and subsequent false starts leads me to suspect that he has become a puppet whose strings are being pulled by his agent. l

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          In fairness to JOB, both the "he chose USHL over BCHL" and "he wants to be in AHL in 2020" report were from the same person who doesn't seem to be an actual reputable reporter. The first of his alleged two scoops already appears to be wrong, so I am beginning to doubt his second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            In fairness to JOB, both the "he chose USHL over BCHL" and "he wants to be in AHL in 2020" report were from the same person who doesn't seem to be an actual reputable reporter. The first of his alleged two scoops already appears to be wrong, so I am beginning to doubt his second one.
            Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I wouldn't put much stock in the comment. I mean, who (much less a first round draft pick) sets a goal for the AHL? If you are that sure you are going to end up in the AHL in a given year (versus the NHL), why wouldn't you play another year of NCAA?

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              O’Brien, interviewed by NHL.com last week, discussed his reasons for transferring to BU and for electing to play for Penticton this season. Apparently had a strong Flyers development camp and the 15-pound weight gain is a positive since some reports say he struggled with the Friars’ physical style. Certainly not the first high-end prep player to have a very bumpy transition to D1 hockey.
              https://www.nhl.com/news/flyers-pros...on/c-308256948
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Penticton coach on 2020 recruits O'Brien and Webber, playing for Vees this season.
                https://bchl.ca/bchl-next-generation-penticton-vees

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  Penticton coach on 2020 recruits O'Brien and Webber, playing for Vees this season.
                  https://bchl.ca/bchl-next-generation-penticton-vees
                  2020 recruit Jay O'Brien had four points (G,3A) in Penticton's 9-1 exhibition game win last night. O'Brien has been named an assistant captain of the Vees.
                  https://www.pentictonvees.ca/game-re...-over-warriors

Comment

2021 recruit Jeremy Wilmer scored his first NTDP U17 goal in a 6-4 loss to Johnstown.
                    2022 recruit Lane Hutson scored a pair in a North Jersey Avalanche 16U win. Devin Kaplan contributed a goal and two assists.

Comment

O'Brien earned first-star honors in both Penticton wins over the weekend and Cade Webber scored his first BCHL goal. More

Comment

Shootout video from the North Jersey Avalanche Classic: Lane Hutson at 0:24 and Devin Kaplan at 1:04.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izN0-9IxYrc

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Shootout video from the North Jersey Avalanche Classic: Lane Hutson at 0:24 and Devin Kaplan at 1:04.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izN0-9IxYrc
                          That Hutson goal was sick.

Comment

I know Neutral Zone doesn't have the most reliable rankings, but it looks like they are giving BU their top ranking for incoming classes. BC at #2.

Comment

USA Hockey feature on 2021 recruit Tyler Boucher, son of NHL goalie/NBC analyst Brian Boucher.
                              https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1051594

More recruit info

Comment

2022 recruit Ryan Greene discussed his decision to return to Selects Academy 16U and maintain his commitment to BU after being picked #59 overall in the QMJHL draft. Going into this weekend, Greene, a 6’1” RC from Newfoundland, was the top scorer in the Beast Series with 12 points (8G,4A) in six games.

Saturday
                                U18s Luke Tuch 2G,1A; Drew Commesso 6 saves on 7 shots
                                NAHL Wilmer Skoog G,A
                                BCHL Jay O’Brien 1G, 3A
                                SSM Artem Shlaine G
                                details

Comment

Working...
                                X