BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

BU gets its first commitment for 2019-20: left-shot center Joel Farabee of Selects Academy. Originally committed to UNH, he decommitted in September. Competition reportedly was BC and Providence.

USHR (July): ‘00s at the World Selects Invite: Our Top 50
    4. Joel Farabee^* (#86, East Coast Selects Ontario) Selects Academy, 5-9/145 – Farabee, a UNH fall ’19 commit, has hit a notable growth spurt since our last viewing, and it hasn't slowed him down in the least. The native of Cicero, NY, a Syracuse suburb, has a nice stride and a true understanding of spacing in the offensive zone. Was a constant distributor both off the rush and in settled offensive zone situations. Had an 8-25-33 line in 28 games with the Selects Academy 16Us last winter. (4-15-19, 7 GP)
    USHR had previously compared him to 2017 recruit Patrick Harper.
    Video
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Details on Joel Farabee verbal for 2019

BurntBoats’ updated pipeline chart

Comment

Classic, cant make this stuff up. What, is the kid 12 now? I guess his next commitment is to BC, only to then depart for CHL. Beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
          Classic, cant make this stuff up. What, is the kid 12 now? I guess his next commitment is to BC, only to then depart for CHL. Beauty
          2015 - 2000 = 12?!?!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            2015 - 2000 = 12?!?!!
            Math is hard!!!!

Comment

Cut Ronnie some slack, he doesn't care for alleged big time recruits. He thinks player A is basically the same as player B, C etc. regardless of the hype/pedigree. He really likes the 21 year old freshmen that no teams are interested in, not even Merrimack.

Comment

Yeah, i know its hard S-A-R-C-A-S-M and No I only want lousy 20 year olds from the same Merrimack that just beat BU and will probably be BC. Called parity man, deal with it.

Comment

Merrimack has found ways to beat BC in North Andover going back 15 years now. Hasn't meant a **** thing in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                    Yeah, i know its hard S-A-R-C-A-S-M and No I only want lousy 20 year olds from the same Merrimack that just beat BU and will probably be BC. Called parity man, deal with it.
                    Does BC know that Merrimack will be them? I would think Merrimack would want to be Merrimack. Could make for a confusing game otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Does BC know that Merrimack will be them? I would think Merrimack would want to be Merrimack. Could make for a confusing game otherwise.
                      Scarlet, you're right, Merrimack is quite happy being Merrimack, thank you very much. As regards the continued "ageism" towards the Warriors, people may want to take a look at UML.....their roster is older on average than 'Mack. Warriors actually have a few teenagers on their roster! Is BU the youngest team in HE?
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        Is BU the youngest team in HE?
                        Second-youngest, BC is ahead. Both are 1-2 in the nation in age. McAvoy is the youngest player in the nation, won't turn 18 until nearly Christmas.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

For the record, Farabee, an ’00 birthdate, turns 16 in a few months. Like it or not, high-end kids are giving verbals at 15 and 16, and some even earlier. BU now has four ’00 birthdates in its pipeline. BC has three plus two ‘01s, Harvard has two ‘00s and one ’01. And now the coaches can worry about decommits and CHL poaching until the kids get to campus (and even after they arrive). That’s today’s recruiting reality.

Comment

Brady Tkachuk
                            http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...ily-footsteps/

US wins U18 Five Nations. Clayton Keller leads all scorers; Kieffer Bellows tied for third with a Finn, Emil Oksanen--apparently not related to Ahti, but same hometown and junior org.
                            http://stats.iihf.com/SIHF/55/IHM055000_85B_13_0.pdf

Comment

BU's four 2016 recruits on the NTDP U18s--Clayton Keller, Kieffer Bellows, Chad Krys and Jake Oettinger--have signed NLI as did 2017 recruit Patrick Harper.
                              https://***********/ClaytonKeller37/...99140661420032
                              https://***********/Pharper_88/statu...90620708786177

TSN's latest draft rankings have four Terriers in the top 18: Keller #6, Fabbro #8, Bellows #11, McAvoy #18

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                BU's four 2016 recruits on the NTDP U18s--Clayton Keller, Kieffer Bellows, Chad Krys and Jake Oettinger--have signed NLI as did 2017 recruit Patrick Harper.
                                https://***********/ClaytonKeller37/...99140661420032
                                https://***********/Pharper_88/statu...90620708786177

TSN's latest draft rankings have four Terriers in the top 18: Keller #6, Fabbro #8, Bellows #11, McAvoy #18
                                is it unusual for someone to sign a NLA nearly two years before they are due to arrive? (Harper). Seems like it to me.

And can someone remind me of what the signficance is? Does it mean the coach can now comment on them, or the broadcasters can reference the fact that they are coming to BU (as they clearly couldn't when the U18s played BU)?
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X