Bemidji State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bemidji State

After watching the Beavers this weekend play UMD one cannot help but be a fan. Scanlon does a great job of getting the kids to play his game. Very disciplined and play as a team. No real superstars, but gritty kids. It was also delightfull to watch two competive teams play and not have to watch the Miller side show. I think UMD has a good one with their new coach. She will do well in this league IMO.

Re: Bemidji State

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
    After watching the Beavers this weekend play UMD one cannot help but be a fan. Scanlon does a great job of getting the kids to play his game. Very disciplined and play as a team. No real superstars, but gritty kids. It was also delightfull to watch two competive teams play and not have to watch the Miller side show. I think UMD has a good one with their new coach. She will do well in this league IMO.
    Its too early to tell about UMD, they need time to jell under new leadership. BSU however looks to be the PItA they have been since Scanlon arrived. Cut off passing lanes, clog up the slot, block more shots than is humanly possible and win a bunch of games. Gritty does not even begin to describe the team. I hate having to play them but I admire the heck out of them. I hope that tie against RM does not hurt because I think there is a good chance that BSU could make the NCAA 8 this season. I hope they get sent to Madison & not Minneapolis!!

Comment

After watching the Beavers this weekend play UMD one cannot help but be a fan. Scanlon does a great job of getting the kids to play his game. Very disciplined and play as a team. No real superstars, but gritty kids.
      His EGF teams had some talent obviously...but those teams had the very same virtues. Kinda anticipated the same at BSU.

It was also delightfull to watch two competive teams play and not have to watch the Miller side show. I think UMD has a good one with their new coach. She will do well in this league IMO.
      Yes indeed.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
        Yes indeed.
        I can't imagine anyone missing Miller.

I see that the Beavers are playing home-and-home against some team a little West of them this weekend. Since I picked BSU to finish 3rd in the WCHA I am counting on them to take care of business. I'd like to see the games to see if that other team plays as cheap and dirty or if they save it for a couple other teams.

Comment

https://youtu.be/NmBHoXJ3v8g
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            I can't imagine anyone missing Miller.

I see that the Beavers are playing home-and-home against some team a little West of them this weekend. Since I picked BSU to finish 3rd in the WCHA I am counting on them to take care of business. I'd like to see the games to see if that other team plays as cheap and dirty or if they save it for a couple other teams.
            BTW - there seems to be a solid contender for the Shannon Miller memorial trophy. That mystery team's coach barked at the officials all night long. Granted the refs ignored almost everything but neither team had an advantage at that, he really should have just shut up & lived with it, particularly since he was wrong on more than a couple of occasions.

Comment

I see that today's BSU/UND game is being televised in HD on Fox College Sports Central. Game time is 2:00PM Central with a half-hour UND preview (?) at 1:30PM Central.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                I see that today's BSU/UND game is being televised in HD on Fox College Sports Central. Game time is 2:00PM Central with a half-hour UND preview (?) at 1:30PM Central.
                In the past, a lot of the UND pregame and intermission gets devoted to other topics (i.e., UND men's hockey). SCSU did the same thing last year when they had Bob Motzko in the booth and Jim Rich talked about the Husky men's game that was coming up for a good five minutes of the third period.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I was able to take in both game this weekend. UND Woman’s Hockey: Mowat and Amsley-Benzie Conduct Clinic
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Gameday! GO BEAVERS!
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                    X