Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cars: 2015

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I see a common thread here, 80s vintage GM and Jaqs, you love your dealers service depts?
    I really liked my friend's 1976 Pontiac Trans Am. That was the last year with a true 400 cu in big block. (The 6.6L, 403 came out the next year and just didn't have the same gusto.)

I've never been a Mopar guy, but I do have access to both a Challenger Hellcat and a Charger Hellcat right now. As the owner of the Challenger says, "The car is stupid. Who needs 707 HP" ... with a smile.

The other car that I've considered is a Subaru WRX STI. The problem is size and features. If they made a Legacy STI I'd be in right now.

For a while I was sniffing a Taurus SHO. Again, you can see one of my big criteria is a sedan (hockey trips) with AWD and decent performance.

Again (madly knocking on wood), I've not had significant issues with Jaguars.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-13-2016, 08:07 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Nobody here can give me insights on the MB C300 or the Audis (A4 or A6)?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Nobody here can give me insights on the MB C300 or the Audis (A4 or A6)?
        My son is working at an Audi dealership, I'll ask him. At least he'll know how they are to drive to and from the car wash. ;-). He's a runner.

Comment

My brother, a longtime mechanic, told me if I ever bought an Audi, I can find another mechanic. PITAs.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lexus or Acura.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Hoping to get a new(er) car this fall/winter...currently drive a 1996 Honda Civic. Considering a Honda Accord/Civic, Toyota Camry/Corolla, or Hyundai Sonata/Elantra...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Hoping to get a new(er) car this fall/winter...currently drive a 1996 Honda Civic. Considering a Honda Accord/Civic, Toyota Camry/Corolla, or Hyundai Sonata/Elantra...
                Are those foreign jobs legal to purchase in Indiana?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I really liked my friend's 1976 Pontiac Trans Am. That was the last year with a true 400 cu in big block. (The 6.6L, 403 came out the next year and just didn't have the same gusto.)

I've never been a Mopar guy, but I do have access to both a Challenger Hellcat and a Charger Hellcat right now. As the owner of the Challenger says, "The car is stupid. Who needs 707 HP" ... with a smile.

The other car that I've considered is a Subaru WRX STI. The problem is size and features. If they made a Legacy STI I'd be in right now.

For a while I was sniffing a Taurus SHO. Again, you can see one of my big criteria is a sedan (hockey trips) with AWD and decent performance.

Again (madly knocking on wood), I've not had significant issues with Jaguars.
                  A 76 Trans am is cool looking but performance sucks. Real muscle cars died in 72. Real real muscle cars were made in the 60s. Today's performance cars stop better, handle better are far more comfortable.Hell cats are unreal, I'd still rather have the original version.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Real real muscle cars were made in the 60s.
                    Like I said: 1968 Pontiac GTO

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Like I said: 1968 Pontiac GTO
                      I had a '70 with the 400 4 bbl. Great in a straight line, not so much on the curves. Much more fun in my Volvo C30 R Design, but I'd still take a Goat in a heartbeat.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Are those foreign jobs legal to purchase in Indiana?
                        No, but Illinois and Ohio are only a couple hours away.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...ut/ar-BBwNe8Z?
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the Taurus SHO?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the Taurus SHO?
                              Old one and I mean old. Had a Yamaha?? engine I think. My brother owned it. I'll bet the new ones are nice but not luxury type car nice.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Old one and I mean old. Had a Yamaha?? engine I think. My brother owned it. I'll bet the new ones are nice but not luxury type car nice.
                                The old Yamaha 3.2.

My parents have a 2010 Taurus (dad being a Ford retiree and all). NOT the SHO, but the interior is pretty darn close. Nice car. I like it. Plenty of room. Make no mistake, it's not a small car. My Fusion isn't much smaller than the old generation Tauruses from the 80s and 90s. The new Taurus effectively replaced the Crown Vic, although they're not nearly the barges the CV's were.
                                Last edited by Hammer; 09-29-2016, 03:59 PM.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X