Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars: 2015

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I need help with some electronic issues that I've never seen before in a vehicle.

I have a 2008 Subaru Tribeca. Had the right front headlight (low beam/normal) burn out. When this happened, my radio and HVAC control displays went dark. HVAC controls still worked correctly however. Radio did not turn on/work at all. Since I needed the headlight, I went and replaced it. Once the bulb was replaced, the radio and HVAC controls came back on.

The radio is now messed up however. Auxilary input and CDs function just fine. AM/FM radio is all sorts of jacked up however. AM frequencies show as 891, 883, 748 and other odd numbers (normally whole numbers like 780, 1000, 670, etc.). They also have a limited scanable amount (can't remember AM exactly. Like 730ish to 950ish). FM frequencies are limited from 78.0 to 89.0 and nothing is picked up there either.

Did a headlight going out fry my radio?
    I've never seen an FM frequency lower than 87.9 or so.

Really dumb question time: did you pull the fuse, wait 30 seconds, and pop it back in? I did that one day when my radio didn't function, and that fixed the issue.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I've never seen an FM frequency lower than 87.9 or so.

Really dumb question time: did you pull the fuse, wait 30 seconds, and pop it back in? I did that one day when my radio didn't function, and that fixed the issue.
      Have not changed anything other than the headlight...
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        I need help with some electronic issues that I've never seen before in a vehicle.

I have a 2008 Subaru Tribeca. Had the right front headlight (low beam/normal) burn out. When this happened, my radio and HVAC control displays went dark. HVAC controls still worked correctly however. Radio did not turn on/work at all. Since I needed the headlight, I went and replaced it. Once the bulb was replaced, the radio and HVAC controls came back on.

The radio is now messed up however. Auxilary input and CDs function just fine. AM/FM radio is all sorts of jacked up however. AM frequencies show as 891, 883, 748 and other odd numbers (normally whole numbers like 780, 1000, 670, etc.). They also have a limited scanable amount (can't remember AM exactly. Like 730ish to 950ish). FM frequencies are limited from 78.0 to 89.0 and nothing is picked up there either.

Did a headlight going out fry my radio?
        Those seem very much like a non-North American set up. I seem to recall having a Euro radio in a test car at one time, and could only get the lower bands in the US. I wonder if the circuit was the power to the main memory of the radio...

Comment

Crazy Uncle Elon unveils the Cybertruck.

Base model starts at $40K - single motor, RWD, 250 mile range.

High-end starts at $70K - three motors, AWD, 3500 lb payload, 14000 pound towing capacity, 500 (!) mile range, 0-60 in 2.9.

All the obligatory Crazy Uncle Elon bells and whistles available as options.

Only problem is it looks like something out of a no-budget '90s sci-fi movie. And then he broke the windows.
          Last edited by Twitch Boy; 11-22-2019, 10:27 AM.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Base model starts at $40K - single motor, RWD, 250 mile range.

High-end starts at $70K - three motors, AWD, 3500 lb payload, 14000 pound towing capacity, 500 (!) mile range, 0-60 in 2.9.

All the obligatory Crazy Uncle Elon bells and whistles available as options.

Only problem is it looks like something out of a no-budget '90s sci-fi movie. And then he broke the windows.
            I think the Rivian looks like a better truck

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              I think the Rivian looks like a better truck
              Good Lord fix those headlights, but that actually looks like a truck and that will help with wider market acceptance.

The problem with both is they're focusing more on slick looks and bells and whistles than their target market - the golden goose here is fleet/volume sales. Figure that out and provide an infrastructure for Acme Construction and Jim's Plumbing to start snapping them up 10 at a time and that's ballgame.

Although I admit the Cybertruck would look badass as a Baja/trophy truck. Or do a "Zombie Apocalypse" package for Millennials with more money than sense.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

That thing was a pickup truck?

Comment

Good Lord fix those headlights, but that actually looks like a truck and that will help with wider market acceptance.

The problem with both is they're focusing more on slick looks and bells and whistles than their target market - the golden goose here is fleet/volume sales. Figure that out and provide an infrastructure for Acme Construction and Jim's Plumbing to start snapping them up 10 at a time and that's ballgame.

Although I admit the Cybertruck would look badass as a Baja/trophy truck. Or do a "Zombie Apocalypse" package for Millennials with more money than sense.
                  pro climber Alex Honnold has a prototype Rivian for a daily driver. He lives in Las Vegas and is out in the mountains pretty much every day climbing. Pretty functional for an 'adventure vehicle' so far (as long as your adventure is within the range -- Even the White Rim Road loop in Cannyonlands National Park would be doable if you can charge up in Moab first), but yeah the front is a little odd looking.

Comment

It’s not a truck, it’s a joke. But one that is going to win me a bottle of Scotch, so I think it’s hilarious. Bet is whether Tesla’s P/E ratio will be within a standard deviation of the S&P 500 average P/E ratio by 2028. If they go bust or get bought, I also win the bet.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      It’s not a truck, it’s a joke. But one that is going to win me a bottle of Scotch, so I think it’s hilarious. Bet is whether Tesla’s P/E ratio will be within a standard deviation of the S&P 500 average P/E ratio by 2028. If they go bust or get bought, I also win the bet.
                      it's going to be a flop, with the Rivian going into production, plus Ford and GM releasing electric trucks in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        it's going to be a flop, with the Rivian going into production, plus Ford and GM releasing electric trucks in 2021.
                        The Rivian isn't being put out by Tesla, and Amazon/Ford have invested $1.2B between them. I think they're going to do everything they can to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          The Rivian isn't being put out by Tesla
                          did anyone say it was?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            That thing was a pickup truck?
                            Looks more like a puma to me.

Somebody get the reference please
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Looks more like a puma to me.

Somebody get the reference please
                              Looks like Delorean tried to make an El Camino

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                A standard deviation one way or the other? Or less than one standard deviation above the average, which is what I'm assuming.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X