Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cars: 2015

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    No way. I'd rather it pull itself over rather than prevent driver override.
    That is a form of preventing driver override.

Instead of keeping going, it also ignores the drivers sudden input and pulls over. It's a good idea, though. A good example of needing a large group of diverse backgrounds to solve a tough problem.

Comment

I know my car effectively stops itself if it doesn't have driver input for more than 20-30 seconds.

It has LKAS and adaptive cruise control. I've seen it navigate through all sorts of turns. As soon as it doesn't detect your hands on the wheel, it kills the cruise control and turns off LKAS. You basically coast to a stop.

Now, I don't really understand why LKAS is turned off, I'd rather have a car attempt to maintain a lame if the driver is asleep or incapacitated. But I get why they did it.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

OK folks. I need some help from the studio audience.

I'm considering the new Jaguar XE. Obviously I'd go AWD and thus supercharged. When I look at the options I want I'd end up decking out a Prestige or just buying the R-Type to get what I want: the blind spot monitors and back up cameras; the heated seats and steering wheel are, well, did I mention I live in North Dakota; and heated rear seats are a must when coming out of hockey games. (My musts are bolded.)

To me the comparables are the BMW 3 and the MB C300s or the Audi A4.

From what I can find, the C300 does not offer heated rear seats. I sat in a 2016 A4 and just wasn't impressed. I've never really looked into the BMWs.

What else?
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I'm considering the new Jaguar XE. Obviously I'd go AWD and thus supercharged. When I look at the options I want I'd end up decking out a Prestige or just buying the R-Type to get what I want: the blind spot monitors and back up cameras; the heated seats and steering wheel are, well, did I mention I live in North Dakota; and heated rear seats are a must when coming out of hockey games. (My musts are bolded.)

From what I can find, the C300 does not offer heated rear seats. I sat in a 2016 A4 and just wasn't impressed. I've never really looked into the BMWs.

What else?
          Shouldn't you be buying a pickup . I figured ND was like Maine and pickups were the preferred mode of transportation.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Shouldn't you be buying a pickup . I figured ND was like Maine and pickups were the preferred mode of transportation.
            Pick-ups or Trans-Ams. Both go with mullets.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              I'd take a 69 Trans am over the jaq he is going to buy. To be honest I'd take a pick up over it also

Comment

What else?
                You can get an Acura TLX or RLX with AWD and heated rear seats.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'd take a 69 Trans am over the jaq he is going to buy. To be honest I'd take a pick up over it also
                  My wish list includes:
                  - 1968 Pontiac GTO
                  - 1986 Buick Grand National
                  - 1983 Hurst Olds Cutlass (like the black over silver better than the silver over black in 1984)
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I have an AWD Jag now. I enjoy having better all-weather performance than most pickup trucks.

And I can borrow a pee-cup-ter-ruck any time I need one because, as you suspect, they are prolific in ND.
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-12-2016, 12:15 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The last thing I'll ever be accused of is having a mullet.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        You can get an Acura TLX or RLX with AWD and heated rear seats.
                        Nearest Acura, or Lexus, or Infinity dealers are at the same place as the nearest Jaguar dealer: MSP. If I'm going down there, I'm predisposed to going with what I know already (as I have a Jag now). Anyone here have an AWD sedan of any of those?

There's Mercedes, Porsche, and Audi in Fargo.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The last thing I'll ever be accused of is having a mullet.
                          C'mon, you know you would, if you could. ;-)

How common are Jag dealers in NoDak? My limited experience with people who owned Jags was that they got to know the dealer well and drove the loaners more than their Jags.

Comment

How common are Jag dealers in NoDak?
                            Like I said: MSP. But that's the same for Acura, Infinity, Lexus, and BMW.

(I know I shouldn't say this, but < knocking on wood madly >) I've had really good luck with what I'm driving. Scheduled maintenance, brakes, and tires.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

My wish list includes:
                              - 1968 Pontiac GTO
                              - 1986 Buick Grand National
                              - 1983 Hurst Olds Cutlass (like the black over silver better than the silver over black in 1984)
                              I see a common thread here, 80s vintage GM and Jaqs, you love your dealers service depts?

Comment

That's kind of what I was thinking with the Jag.

I wouldn't buy European. Ever. Murican or Japanese. I bought my first Acura in February.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X