• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars: 2015

Originally posted by bassale View Post
    looks like delorean tried to make it with an el camino
    fyp.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      did anyone say it was?
      ffs

Comment

did anyone say it was?
        ffs. Are you and WeAreND on the same cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          ffs. Are you and WeAreND on the same cycle?
          *snort* You owe me a new screen.

And that "truck" looks like something from a Commodore 64 racing game. JFC.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            A standard deviation one way or the other? Or less than one standard deviation above the average, which is what I'm assuming.
            What you’re assuming. If they end up below by a deviation, I should owe him the whole distillery!
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              It’s not a truck, it’s a joke. But one that is going to win me a bottle of Scotch, so I think it’s hilarious. Bet is whether Tesla’s P/E ratio will be within a standard deviation of the S&P 500 average P/E ratio by 2028. If they go bust or get bought, I also win the bet.
              Those are the only two scenarios I envision out of Tesla. They're either getting bought out, or going broke. There's no way he can keep operating like this for another decade.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yeah, what my friend (who works as a financial advisor for a major firm - caveat emptor) doesn’t get is that for them to be that close to the average P/E ratio, then investors would have to see them as a kind of average company. My frien thinks that the world is going to go electric and Tesla is going to dominate the market, so the “E” is going to go through the roof. Fine, but even if that happens, glamour investors are going to drive the price up proportionally even higher, and I will still win the bet. The only way for my friend to win the bet is if Tesla starts behaving like a normal, boring company, turning out predictable but not spectacular returns such that institutional investors (pension funds, etc) want to park some money there to keep it safe. Tesla is never going to be that kind of company - they’re going to blow up or get blown up, but they will never become normal and so investors will not treat them like they are normal.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Looks like Delorean tried to make an El Camino
                  This.

Comment

Looks aside, there is one point from this that stands out:

- The upgraded version of the truck has a 500 mile range. That is the first time I can recall seeing an EV with a range similar to a gas powered vehicle. Personally that is the big stumbling block as I'm someone who will drive 5-8 hours in a day around once/month without an opportunity to charge.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Looks aside, there is one point from this that stands out:

- The upgraded version of the truck has a 500 mile range. That is the first time I can recall seeing an EV with a range similar to a gas powered vehicle. Personally that is the big stumbling block as I'm someone who will drive 5-8 hours in a day around once/month without an opportunity to charge.
                      The big stumbling block is going to be that it’s also going to take 10 hours to charge. This thing is a time bomb. Tesla is going to eventually **** up and start someone’s house on fire.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        The big stumbling block is going to be that it’s also going to take 10 hours to charge. This thing is a time bomb. Tesla is going to eventually **** up and start someone’s house on fire.
                        Whats the big deal bout 10 hours to charge? A charging station done to code should be no issue.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Whats the big deal bout 10 hours to charge? A charging station done to code should be no issue.
                          You try telling an American to wait.

“My Apple Watch has to be charged daily?!”
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I will say, I am impressed with the alleged 500mi range and towing capacity of the high-end model.

Could be a bunch of marketing BS on Musk's part, but...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I will say, I am impressed with the alleged 500mi range and towing capacity of the high-end model.

Could be a bunch of marketing BS on Musk's part, but...
                              I've read that range on the X takes a big hit while towing. We'll see how this goes.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

There is almost zero chance it’s 500 miles at full capacity.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X