This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four Tickets - Priority Purchase Process

high prices and the fact that it's in Buffalo could certainly be a factor. I am not interested in Returning to Buffalo and the others in our group feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
      I think there are many who are saying enough with the prices. For the future we are thinking about skipping the games, flying somewhere nice and warm and desirable (not Buffalo or Detroit) and watching on TV a sports bar.
      Great idea. I'm lucky enough to live in San Diego so plan is to have friends that would have gone to the FF come here instead. Built in vacation, still watch the games and have friends in town. Win-win-win. You're welcome to join us

Comment

Got a second phone call and email from the Frozen Four encouraging me to buy my tickets before the public sale. That ship has sailed.

Comment

I was surprised - and not in a good way - to see that all-session seats for the FF are $300 each in the lower level.

I don't know what I was expecting, having never gone to a Frozen Four before, but I wasn't expecting $300.

That's a lot of money for three games.

Is the experience really worth it? By the time you tack on three nights in a decent hotel (Thurs-Sat), you're looking at $1000 or better.

Comment

Got a phone message and email followup as I did not buy seats this year, I had 2nd priority. $300 is a lot of money for the lower level, and we've been to Buffalo, were not interested in returning. If Harvard made it, 99% unlikely based on their games this year, would probably get them through the school as there are few season ticket holders.

I love college hockey and like attending the event as there is some excitement, as opposed to the dismal atmosphere at Bright, but Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Detroit, while good places to visit at least once, and the people I met there couldn't be nicer, are not places I was excited to return to.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
              Got a phone message and email followup as I did not buy seats this year, I had 2nd priority. $300 is a lot of money for the lower level, and we've been to Buffalo, were not interested in returning. If Harvard made it, 99% unlikely based on their games this year, would probably get them through the school as there are few season ticket holders.

I love college hockey and like attending the event as there is some excitement, as opposed to the dismal atmosphere at Bright, but Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Detroit, while good places to visit at least once, and the people I met there couldn't be nicer, are not places I was excited to return to.
              What left you uninspired to go back to Buffalo? I've never been but the Frozen Four isn't four hours away every year, so it's tempting to experience it at least once. But the overall price tag is more than expected, especially $300 for the lower bowl.

Meanwhile, all-session tix to the women's Frozen Four are $35 bucks... and it's an hour and a half closer than Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post

Did you last go before or after they cleaned up the harbor area? That's a really nice place to kick back and relax, even in early April.

Comment

FlagDude, I haven't been back since they cleaned up the harbor, sounds interesting.

ecac, if you've never been to a Frozen Four, you should go. It is exciting hockey, interesting to see teams, bands and fans that you would not ordinarily see during the year.

I don't have anything against Buffalo. When we went the last time it was there the weather was really nice that weekend. My wife and I like horse racing, so we drove up to Woodbine, near Toronto, a nice track, on the Friday between games. Saturday we went to the art museum in the morning, found a restaurant that had beef on weck for lunch. Had a very good meal at an Italian restaurant Wednesday night. Downtown Buffalo seemed deserted back then, most likely it has improved. If you've never seen Niagara Falls, you have to see it. There was a very good barbecue, Kentucky Greg's, that closed.

I'm old, time goes by faster, and it seems like we were just there, like with Pittsburgh, Boston, Detroit, nice city but the game was a disaster in ford's Field, had terrible seats, there were few good ones there. But if this is your first time going, I would recommend going. The price is a drag, though.

Comment

I think I'm priority 6 or so (I don't know what letter group it was this year). Didn't order tickets. Had a voicemail last week from the NCAA about getting tickets.

Like others, I'm not all that inspired to go back to Buffalo. I found the downtown area boring. Niagara Falls and eating at the Anchor Bar were the only interesting things my group came up with to do while there.

In 2020 when it returns to Detroit, I'll be sure to go. No travel/hotel costs for that one. Plus, sight lines are much better in the new arena then they were at Ford Field (it's as if hockey arenas are designed for hockey while football stadiums are not).
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

NCAA just sent me an email. Lots of seats available back Upper deck and behind the nets downstairs.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Does it look like there are fewer seats than usually sold by this point in the season?

Comment

I just posted two great club seats for sale on the tickets page.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            I just posted two great club seats for sale on the tickets page.
                            link to said tickets page please?

Comment

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
                              link to said tickets page please?
                              Here you go:
                              https://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay...ets-and-Events

For future reference, it's on the Forum Tab, as one of the options under Community.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                                Here you go:
                                https://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay...ets-and-Events

For future reference, it's on the Forum Tab, as one of the options under Community.
                                thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X