Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Frozen Four Tickets - Priority Purchase Process

Re: Frozen Four Tickets - Priority Purchase Process

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    Certainly not the first time it has been on Easter weekend. It's been the same weekend every year for several years, better than the days when it was the same weekend as the final four. NCAA has lots of issues, but they can't dictate the weekend Easter falls. Prices were less than last year, which is a good step, here's hoping arena is full. After St. Paul, Buffalo, Detroit, next year Pittsburgh (which was a nice surprise and a fun city) then Boston, let's hope we get a wild card like Nashville, or Vegas along with Tampa in the next group. Early April in Midwest and Northeast does not equate to fun outdoor activities.
    Apparently the Lightning do not want the Frozen Four anymore because it forces them to play the final week of the NHL season on the road, when they may be fighting for a playoff spot/seeding.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Apparently the Lightning do not want the Frozen Four anymore because it forces them to play the final week of the NHL season on the road, when they may be fighting for a playoff spot/seeding.
    Too bad. Loved both trips to Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Agree, would go back there every time. Too bad.

The Rafters of The Schott & The OSU Ice Rink

Also agree. I traveled to both Tampa FFs, and and likewise had great times.

HOWEVER: Everyone who cares about the event was extremely fortunate that North Dakota qualified the second time around. Without the best traveling fan base in college hockey, in-house attendance would have been embarrassingly bad. Have to believe that's another factor in the decision.

Basically we went back to Tampa too soon. Without the novelty factor, neutral fans won't travel in sufficient numbers to fill the building at a non-traditional site. I'm proud to be part of the Frozen Four fanbase. But for the most part, we're a budget-conscious group. IMHO, more years will have to go by before Tampa is financially viable again, regardless of the Lightning's preferences.

Of course, we all keep waiting for Hawaii...
    Russell Jaslow

On a somewhat related note, does anyone remember when tickets for the regionals typically go on sale?

Yes I do! They should do that again so any team that make it to the Final Four need to get ahold of some reserved tickets held for once!
    A RIT Fan for Life!

$99 all session frozen four tickets for the lower bowl were being sold tonight with a promo code given on the Michigan vs. Michigan State game. What a joke for those of us in the priority process that paid full value.

I too saw that offer this evening (on Twitter). Said to use code Weekend to get $99 All Session tickets. I checked and the price was valid for lower bowl. Feels like an insult to the “Priority Process”. Hopefully this won’t be like Buffalo last year, with vast areas of empty seats.

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Dude View Post
    $99 all session frozen four tickets for the lower bowl were being sold tonight with a promo code given on the Michigan vs. Michigan State game. What a joke for those of us in the priority process that paid full value.
    They've been insulting us long-time supporters of the Frozen Four for quite a while now. I'm done attending this as an annual thing. If BC makes it, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

not particularly bad

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Dude View Post
    I would like a refund. They got to hold onto my money for how much longer and charged me $150 more per ticket?
    I've been considering this being my last year of season tickets at Michigan, but maybe it'll also be my last year as a priority ticket purchaser. I'll just go to the FF if my team is in it or when it's a fun vacation destination and I can find cheap tickets.

Posted a pair of seats on StubHub in section 110, one section over from Center Ice. Row 15 aisle , $379 each All sessions. Can't make it due to work.

Quote Originally Posted by steven22 View Post
    Posted a pair of seats on StubHub in section 110, one section over from Center Ice. Row 15 aisle , $379 each All sessions. Can't make it due to work.
    There is also a for sale section of this website that you can post them on. https://fanforum.uscho.com/forumdisp...ets-and-Events
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    There is also a for sale section of this website that you can post them on. https://fanforum.uscho.com/forumdisp...ets-and-Events
    Thank You !! I did not know that.

Now let's see how the NCAA rips us off...
    Russell Jaslow

Now let's see how the NCAA rips us off...
    Information regarding refunds -if you purchased from the NCAA - is on their website and also on the NCAA Hockey Facebook page

Basically it says if you purchased from a NCAA vendor the cost of your tickets, less fees, will be credited to the account used to purchase the tickets within 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom of 2 View Post
    Information regarding refunds -if you purchased from the NCAA - is on their website and also on the NCAA Hockey Facebook page

Basically it says if you purchased from a NCAA vendor the cost of your tickets, less fees, will be credited to the account used to purchase the tickets within 30 days
    Not that I expect you to know the answer, but I'm just responding to you. I wonder how long one can use that credit. If you can't use it past a year, that could screw some people who might have bought a lot of tickets this year and/or were not planning on going next year.
    Russell Jaslow

Not that I expect you to know the answer, but I'm just responding to you. I wonder how long one can use that credit. If you can't use it past a year, that could screw some people who might have bought a lot of tickets this year and/or were not planning on going next year.
    Okay, it's an outright refund:

If you ordered your tickets from an official NCAA Championship vendor online or over the phone, you will be refunded. No additional action is needed.

And it looks look you don't even have to do anything as long as you bought them through the priority system or straight from the NCAA.
    Russell Jaslow

Sorry maybe I worded that wrong. “Your refund will be automatically delivered ( except applicable fees) to the same card used for purchase “

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom of 2 View Post
    Sorry maybe I worded that wrong. “Your refund will be automatically delivered ( except applicable fees) to the same card used for purchase “
    No need to apologize. I was just using your post as a springboard. I could just as easily have looked it up first, which I eventually did, and should have in the first place.
    Russell Jaslow

Thread Information