X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four Tickets - Priority Purchase Process

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    BobF was trying to do the exact same thing. See Post #8 on the Frozen Four Seat Locations Thread.

Paging BobF... Paging BobF...

With luck, BobF can tell us how it worked out. But failing that, it certainly couldn't hurt to call Customer Service.
    I called the 800 number PGB provided in this thread and was able to get NCAA to confirm they would send me tickets and they charged me the additional fee. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Customer Service can be reached at 866-208-0048.

This number has been widely advertised both on the NCAA website and in e-mails sent to existing account holders. Just posting it here for convenience sake.
      Thanks this came in handy.
      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        I called the 800 number PGB provided in this thread and was able to get NCAA to confirm they would send me tickets and they charged me the additional fee. Good Luck!
        Thanks! Called today and they changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by firstpusk View Post
          Thanks this came in handy.
          Originally posted by jen View Post
          Thanks! Called today and they changed it.
          That's great news; glad it worked out for both of you.

And thanks to Chris Lerch for setting up the Sticky. This is how a community like USCHO should work -- members having each other's backs. Your Sticky has facilitated this, as we've just seen. Again, thanks.

Comment

I was asked to repost this here:

My wife and I each received an email from the NCAA offering the opportunity to purchase tickets in a presale before they go on sale to the general public. The presale will end on 27 November at 11:59 pm or when all tickets are sold. I believe that they got our emails emails from the annual raffle the NCAA holds for tickets to the next FF, so they are still marketing FF tickets to the college hockey fan base.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Tickets arrived today via UPS (I opted for hard copy).

Comment

Bump
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

buy bachelor degree from http://www.iricocp.com/ to be competitive. Even if you’re not already working and you’ve just started to explore employment opportunities buy UK degree buy masters degree from USA buy bachelor degree from Australia fake Canadian diploma where to buy diploma in Canada it’s still a great idea to purchase your degree and get a head start in your career. While many of the people your age will enlist in traditional programs and spend years learning you could accumulate valuable working experience. By the time they graduate you will have already solidified a respectable resume boasting both qualification and experience.Some people have already worked for many years and attained a lot of firsthand experience before considering an online degree purchase. buy UK degree buy masters degree from USA buy bachelor degree from Australia fake Canadian diploma where to buy diploma in Canada For them it would be useless to enlist in a traditional program since they already know most if not everything about their professions. On the other hand in order to stay competitive on the employment market they have to improve their resumes by adding more qualifications. The only way to attest these qualifications is completing degree programs which is why so many working people want to buy a degree online.buy UK degree buy masters degree from USA buy bachelor degree from Australia fake Canadian diploma where to buy diploma in Canada please contact with us freely.

or E-mail: topdiplomaservice@outlook.com
                  QQ: 601199036

Comment

Not sure what to make of this but it seems that you can get priority seating ahead of time bypassing the lottery if you opt for the fan experience. Has this been the case in the past too or is it something new starting in Buffalo 2019? https://www.primesport.com/d/ncaa-me...aa_frozen_four

Comment

Received a response from our expert on Frozen 4 tickets pgb-ohio and he says the seats available under this fan experience and ticket plan are in the ends and not the prime seat locations that seem to float around center ice out of the lottery system. So for a premium you can bypass the lottery but will not get any better seats than a mid level lottery recipient can get. This may be only a good way for a non priority holder to obtain ok seats but at a price significantly higher. One time buyers with big pockets may find it acceptable to get in this way at a location near them though.

Comment

New process to be initiated for Buffalo and beyond. Priority holders will be grouped to purchase instead of a couple of days at a time for each individual priority level. A big plus for those on the lower ends of groups while an incentive for those on the top of a group to try to advance into the next group. A portion of the email I just got from the NCAA: Note the level of 11 applies to me in this email. Everyone will get a similar email with their own priority listed.

Dear Priority Ticket Holder,

We hope you enjoyed the 2018 NCAA Men's Frozen Four and your visit to Saint Paul! If you were not able to join us in Minnesota, we look forward to seeing you in Buffalo in April!

We would like to inform you of some changes coming to the Priority Ticket Purchase Process for the 2019 NCAA Men's Frozen Four at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, N.Y.

The below table outlines changes to the Priority Ticket Purchase Process for not only Buffalo, but also future Frozen Fours. Priority ticket holders will now be grouped to determine their respective purchase date. Priority points will still be earned each year by purchasing Frozen Four tickets. As a reminder, earned priority points are permanent and you do not lose any points if you choose not purchase tickets for consecutive events.

Priority Points Group Attendance Purchase Start Date
                        22 A Perfect Attendance (since 1997) Monday, October 8
                        20-21 B 20+ Years Thursday, October 11
                        16-19 C 16-19 Years Monday, October 15
                        11-15 D 11-15 Years Thursday, October 18
                        6-10 E 6-10 Years Monday, October 22
                        2-5 F 2-5 Years Thursday, October 25
                        1 G 1 Year Monday, October 29

Based on our records, below is your updated information following the 2018 Men's Frozen Four:
                        •Priority Points: 11
                        •Group: D
                        •Purchase Start Date: Thursday, October 18
                        If you need to update any of your contact information, please submit the changes to mensfrozenfour@ncaa.org and include your name, your previous information and your current information. You may also call the NCAA customer contact center at 866-208-0048 to provide your updated information over the phone.

Thank you for your continued support of NCAA Hockey and we’ll see you in Buffalo!

You are receiving this email because you are a Men's Frozen Four Priority Ticket Holder (PTH). You are a PTH because you purchased a ticket, in your name, through the NCAA for any Men's Frozen Four between 1997 (Milwaukee) and 2018 (Saint Paul).

Comment

Thanks for the update BC/HE. I bought tickets for St. Paul, but could not make it. I fit in the 16-19 range, forgot to order last year, and someone from the NCAA contacted me and offered the opportunity to buy two good seats for each game, better probably that I would have gotten going through the process. My wife and I have gone for years, but our team is unlikely to make it there again, and I wonder what the demand will be for tickets in Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Boston yet again. Tampa is fine, will always go there, but, no disrespect to these fine cities, which we visited and enjoyed, but they are not places you would visit again if you have done it recently. I wonder if this grouping is to try to increase demand for tickets in such venues.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                            I wonder what the demand will be for tickets in Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Boston yet again. Tampa is fine, will always go there, but, no disrespect to these fine cities, which we visited and enjoyed, but they are not places you would visit again if you have done it recently.
                            I'm not sure you've really ever been to Boston or Detroit. There's plenty to do in both for more than just one weekend.
                            I can see this argument for Buffalo, and maybe to a lesser degree for Pittsburgh, but does Tampa really have (weather and Disney notwithstanding) all that much more to do and see than Beantown and the Motor City?
                            Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                            I wonder if this grouping is to try to increase demand for tickets in such venues.
                            I'm guessing the grouping is just to make the process logistically efficient for them with only 7 groups instead of 22.
                            It's possible that the decline in demand for tickets may have something to do with it as well. There may have been multiple time slots for the different groups where the traffic was very slow if not non-existent. This might save some time. It will increase traffic at the very beginning of each group for sure. So if there's a location we really really want, we'll have to get online as early as possible.
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Received an email from the NCAA regarding tickets and prices :
                              Lower Level - Row 1 - $ 650
                              Lower Level - Row 2 - $ 475
                              Lower Level - $ 300
                              Club -$ 300
                              Club ( behind net ) - $ 275
                              Upper Level - $ 250
                              Upper Level ( behind net ) - $ 225

Comment

I'm done with NCAA. Warning, this is a bit of a rant so thanks for letting me vent. Long time lurker, but after 18 consecutive years, I'm done with the NCAA pricing the Frozen Four as if it were Game 7 of the Stanley Cup. It's actually amazing it has taken me this long to realize most every change has been solely to put more money in their pocket.

I won't wax long about "the good old days" blah, blah, blah. I get it. No one does anything for free. Prices rise. But after sitting at the Chicago final with empty upper level corners, I thought "Surely, the NCAA sees this." St. Paul prices went down and I figured we had hit sanity. Wrong.

The change in ticket priority AND higher prices are a combined last straw. I've had the 4th highest priority, so every year I could choose lower bowl corner or club level. And I was just fine with that. As prices went up, I figured, "Hey, at least I'm getting the same seats every year." And year after year would have the same people sitting near me. It was great and still felt like Providence or Albany back in the day.

The changes this year make it much worse. First, I'm not looking for seats with just my year priority, there are now 3x as many people (potentially) looking for seats with me. Plus, my lower bowl/club seats went up in price again (a lot). Assuming that deters others from getting those seats, more people are looking at cheaper seats than ever before.

The single ticket for 2 games continues to be a giant kick in the teeth. I have yet to hear anyone say "Gee, I'm glad it's only 1 ticket...what a great benefit!" and yet the NCAA refuses to budge.

I get it. They NCAA wanted to make it more family friendly and they've done that. Congrats. If you want to listen to so-so live music, drinking $15 Bud Lights, collecting bottles of Buffalo Wild Wings BBQ sauce while standing in a parking lot then this is the event for you.

I went back through my receipts. For the same seats, this is what it used to cost for all 3 games:
                                2013 - $200
                                2014 - $230
                                2015 - $250
                                2016 - $260
                                2017 - $280
                                2018 - $250 <-- (sweet!)
                                2019 - $300

So, I'm done. I know, no one likes to hear someone whine. I'll still watch the games, follow my teams, and who knows if sanity returns I can always get tickets again. It's good news for those in priority behind me...you're moving up.

Enjoy that, because by the time Boston rolls around again, it'll be $350 for lower bowl and $300 to sit in the upper deck. Yikes. I shudder to think what Tampa will cost next time it comes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X