UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    Yes, but they were very fortunate just to get the tie. NMU dominated the second half of the game, partially because UAH continued to needlessly turn the puck over. Fortunately, Carmine Guerriero was March 2015 Carmine Guerriero last night.
    Carmine was outstanding. Had a chance to chat with him later. Good kid as well.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Last night wasn't so bad. Kind of hurt to listen to tonight ...
      Next weekend, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
        Last night wasn't so bad. Kind of hurt to listen to tonight ...
        Next weekend, right?
        I had little expectation of victory, because we're still not at Minnesota State's level, but the games were basically the same as previous seasons, which was disappointing.

I certainly hope there's a win or two against Colorado College to get some sort of confidence.
        Michael Napier - UAH '97
        uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
        U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
        NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
        CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
        CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

The only thing good about the Mankato losses is that we didn't get bombarded as hard on SOG. The possession imbalance wasn't as bad as it has been. That's about it, though.

This team is really bumming me out. A second scoring line hasn't emerged, and as such McHugh's line is getting the attention of the top checkers on the other team. The power play is 52nd (of 60) nationally, 8/69. The PK is #20, 54/64, and has been pretty tight in a lot of spots but has given up big ones in bad spots. It doesn't help there because we're sixth in PIM/G.

We're just not very good, and I thought that this was going to be the year that they turned the corner. You can't lay the feet of all of this on Carmine not being peak Carmine. The goal scoring is up, but it's not enough.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

I thought you guys deserved better, but you shot yourself in the foot a couple of ways.
            You have to cover the trailer. Twice the trailer scored after the initial save. Second, you can't take that many penalties. You were even with them 5 x 5. Three, offense needs work. So does the power play. the pk was good.
            I thought CC really pushed the envelope on the rules and it seems like your guys got frustrated with it. They were committing way more penalties than you, but weren't called except at the very end there. The breakaway that you did not score on was big for them.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I ... hate ... everything.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH started 3-2-1 and is now 58th in KRACH (USCHO) and 59th in PWR.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yeah, I can't figure out what happened to you guys since the LSSU series. You played very well then. LSSU was having some defensive issues early in the season, but still you should have more wins by now if you were playing as well as you did that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    UAH started 3-2-1 and is now 58th in KRACH (USCHO) and 59th in PWR.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

GFM
                    From my point of view that's pretty awesome.

Merry Xmas
                    xxx oo
                    sigpic

Comment

This team just isn't very good and it's not just one problem either. Very sloppy, slow, turnovers, & it's just a night to night basis. I'm so sick of hearing Coach Corbett during every post game video saying "we have to compete." I mean coach c'mom every team is competing which is what they're supposed to do, why aren't we? It's the same crap every night!
                      Last edited by UAHHerd4; 12-19-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHHerd4 View Post
                        This team just isn't very good and it's not just one problem either. Very sloppy, slow, turnovers, & it's just a night to night basis. I'm so sick of hearing Coach Corbett during every post game video saying "we have to compete." I mean coach c'mom every time is competing which is what they're supposed to do, why aren't we? It's the same crap every night!
                        Patience, you are a much better team than last year.It'll come. Just do what you can to support the coach and get people out to games.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Patience, you are a much better team than last year.It'll come. Just do what you can to support the coach and get people out to games.
                          I'm not so sure of that right now to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHHerd4 View Post
                            I'm not so sure of that right now to be honest.
                            Neither am I.

The turnovers have to stop. I am sick and bleeping tired of seeing mediocre teams get breakaways on us. Dom Shine should not have had a hat trick against us — he's a good player, but come on. It's a consistent problem on the back end with players not practicing good puck security. I would rather skate out of the zone or back into our own end rather than make that bad turnover. It feels like a lot of the ghastly turnovers happen at the offensive blue and red center lines.

I'm disappointed that our depth isn't coming into play. I'll take Anderson White and John Teets coming to play (each has one game played) over Brandon Parker and/or Cam Knight being turnover machines. (Congrats, Knight, you are -11 in 15GP, worst on the team.)

Some line on this team other than Saulnier-McHugh-Brears has to score consistently. Teams know that UAH is a one line team and plan accordingly. That McHugh's production hasn't trailed off is a testament to how good of a player he is, and that Saulnier's has trailed off (all six goals in his first five games, none in the last 11, but at least the penalties are in check) is worrisome. Then there's Brears, who has five goals in seven games. I'd have to do the math quickly (and I need to head to the rink ASAP), but UAH wins if and only if that line gets two or more goals.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

win!

Comment

Big win. Way to go Chargers.

Comment

Working...