Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    If anyone is in Troy, they could check the HFH to see if the Slovakian flag is still hanging.
    Still there........in the Knickerbacker Arena
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      IMHO Bubela would be a big loss. B4, not so much.

Edit: I wonder if Cam's chuckle indicated that SA had long known that Dillon wasn't going to college and he (Hackett) had already committed unofficially to RPI.
      If Bubela is a big loss then we really are in trouble. That kid is frustrating to watch out there. Some puck carrying talent sure... but just does not see the ice well and doesn't make the simple plays when they are there. Hopefully if he returns he has improved on these things. If he doesn't and he hasn't then it's really not a huge loss IMO. With luck, I'm wrong on both counts and he leads the team in points, assists and +/-.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
        If Bubela is a big loss then we really are in trouble. That kid is frustrating to watch out there. Some puck carrying talent sure... but just does not see the ice well and doesn't make the simple plays when they are there. Hopefully if he returns he has improved on these things. If he doesn't and he hasn't then it's really not a huge loss IMO. With luck, I'm wrong on both counts and he leads the team in points, assists and +/-.
        If Bubela does leave, you can look at it one of two ways. He would be a big loss from the perspective that he was you second top returning scorer, and fourth on the team in points last year. He wouldn't be a big loss considering he didn't even average half a point per game, and has never improved upon his freshman year point total.

When looking at his game, I would agree he definitely has an ability to carry the puck. At the same time, there is a sort of laziness when he plays, he's never in a hurry. He overall leaves me with a feeling that he could be much more, especially on the scoresheet overall.

I think he'd be a certain loss for the team this season, as he was someone who would easily pencil into the lineup every night this season.

Comment

Who is going to protect SA from the Neanderthal if Bubela leaves?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            IMHO Bubela would be a big loss. B4, not so much.
            In total agreement. I had expected Bubela to finally show us so much more this year. Although his numbers never quite showed the talent i expected, he will be missed.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              In total agreement. I had expected Bubela to finally show us so much more this year. Although his numbers never quite showed the talent i expected, he will be missed.
              I can confirm from a reliable source that Bokenfohr is no longer in the program. He's still in school and will continue to play golf, but not hockey. Bubela wasn't mentioned so I'll wait until the roster is published or we hear from an authoritative source before concluding that he's gone.

Comment

Today is 12 August 2015. There are 52 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                  I can confirm from a reliable source that Bokenfohr is no longer in the program. He's still in school and will continue to play golf, but not hockey. Bubela wasn't mentioned so I'll wait until the roster is published or we hear from an authoritative source before concluding that he's gone.
                  If rvd mentions it, that's good enough for me. Thanks for the info; I figured he was given the same choice as Beauregard (I can put this on the alumni thread if you'd prefer ), and obviously we know what Bokenfohr chose. Appert wants 100% commitment.

Comment

I respect and trust your opinion on this Doc and I hope you are right. Honestly I'd prefer to see the ice time go to the younger guys as this group of Soph and Frosh players could develop into something. I'm not expecting too much out of this season coming... other than maybe a coaching change if things really go sour. I hope we win and I hope SA is here in 20 years because he finally gets results. I remain a firm skeptic at this point.

Comment

I respect and trust your opinion on this Doc and I hope you are right. Honestly I'd prefer to see the ice time go to the younger guys as this group of Soph and Frosh players could develop into something. I'm not expecting too much out of this season coming... other than maybe a coaching change if things really go sour. I hope we win and I hope SA is here in 20 years because he finally gets results. I remain a firm skeptic at this point.
                      If you want to turn season results around, you have to change the old order. The old order is the juniors and seniors, and giving first lien, almost to the point of completely depending on them, is what causes the same thing to happen over and over.

Comment

I really do not know what to expect for this year so I have kept my thoughts to myself. Not having the bar set too high makes it a bit easier to swallow when we do not win as often as we would like. I do feel, as I have for several of the recent years, that there is more than enough talent spread out among this group. The problem I have seen for the past many season is simply poor fundamentals (face offs, special teams) and much of that is coaching related. There are just too many 'what ifs' floating around about this team to have any clue right now. This could be the proverbial box of chocolates referred to In Forrest Gump. I would at least like to remain optimistic until the results prove otherwise. Another year with a very tough early schedule so we should know rather quickly where we stand.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 13 August 2015. There are 51 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I really do not know what to expect for this year so I have kept my thoughts to myself. Not having the bar set too high makes it a bit easier to swallow when we do not win as often as we would like. I do feel, as I have for several of the recent years, that there is more than enough talent spread out among this group. The problem I have seen for the past many season is simply poor fundamentals (face offs, special teams) and much of that is coaching related. There are just too many 'what ifs' floating around about this team to have any clue right now. This could be the proverbial box of chocolates referred to In Forrest Gump. I would at least like to remain optimistic until the results prove otherwise. Another year with a very tough early schedule so we should know rather quickly where we stand.
                            This is the first year since Appert took over that I have no expectations for the team. Goalies are a big question mark, defense is young, and who know what we get from the forwards.
                            I find it hard to believe that I could be disappointed in this team. We can only go up from here.
                            Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              This is the first year since Appert took over that I have no expectations for the team. Goalies are a big question mark, defense is young, and who know what we get from the forwards.
                              I find it hard to believe that I could be disappointed in this team. We can only go up from here.
                              Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
                              I suppose if you have no expectations, you are not disappointed. That sort of thought process will have one of two results: dooming us to mediocrity, or establishing more poise and control. I'm sure we all hope it's the latter. The tools are in place: great barn, nice locker rooms, high class training facility. Now it's time for the team to earn the proverbial "paycheck" and start to show the dividends the tute's investment paid.

Comment

I think this is a very reasonable stance. After several apparently underachieving seasons in the recent the past I, too, am cautiously optimistic. It is fair to toss out last season because of all the injuries. Appert gets a pass, unlike Fridge, because he has a long-term contract. If not for that extension he might be gone already. This is a very important year (we have heard that before, no?)

There appears to be a good mix of talent through all classes and IF Kasdorf can stay healthy, this cold be a good season. Faceoffs and special teams have been major issues, but poor decisions with the puck in the defensive zone and wildly inconsistent play from period to period are also big concerns.

Let's see if this coaching staff has matured and figured it out. If so, this team could be much better than expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X