X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    I think Becker a depth guy and I'm not sure where he slots in. I have a million concerns with the group of forwards Wisconsin has lined up right now. On their own, you could make a case for any of them being recruited by Wisconsin. As a group, an EXTREMELY underwhelming lot of forwards for the future. A bunch of guys that are pretty good. Zero game changers. Zero Turris'. Zero Kerdiles'.

It's probably going to be a long few years boys and girls.
    Well, that sucks the positivity right out of a guy. Even if Strand is a recruiting genius, his hands are basically tied for the next 4 years unless they over-recruit and then let the strong push the weak out of the nest.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
      No, but it'd be quite appreciated if you'd take your negativity to the athletic department where it would actually be useful, not on some message board. It's ****ing annoying reading the constant whining amongst posters on here. Get a grip or use the energy somewhere where it'd be effective.
      Multiple unanswered emails and he is still the coach, after a 4 win season. Yep that worked. Maybe if I was in the good ole boy group or a larger donater, my words would be answered. Nope I am just a simple season ticket holder who has to watch this atrocious product and long for the good ole days. I don't deserve some accountability for the worst year in the modern era of badger hockey.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Starting with the year thing first...I have no idea. It's hard to decipher the plan at this point. By sheer numbers he'd be pushed out until 2018 which means if he skips his senior season to play in the USHL he could potentially be a 3-year guy in junior hockey. While that's not unheard of, it's somewhat rare.

I guess they could bring him in for 2016 but that would require him to 100% play in the USHL this season. Based on my observations he's at best a 20-point, third-line guy for Sioux Falls next year. He has some projectable traits but was very mediocre in the Elite League against Minnesota's best high schoolers last season. While he had big numbers in single A hockey, including a hat trick at the state tournament, that means nothing if you can't stand out during Elite League competition (IMO). Probably not a guy you want to bring in for 2016 if you don't have to.

When it gets to 2017 Zimmer, Mersch and Olischefski almost have to come in. Cruikshank could also be pushing on that door depending on his transition to the USHL.

I think Becker a depth guy and I'm not sure where he slots in. I have a million concerns with the group of forwards Wisconsin has lined up right now. On their own, you could make a case for any of them being recruited by Wisconsin. As a group, an EXTREMELY underwhelming lot of forwards for the future. A bunch of guys that are pretty good. Zero game changers. Zero Turris'. Zero Kerdiles'.

It's probably going to be a long few years boys and girls.
        I won't say anything except that this isn't that surprising. Don't want to point fingers and anger Indiana and Wisko.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Multiple unanswered emails and he is still the coach, after a 4 win season. Yep that worked. Maybe if I was in the good ole boy group or a larger donater, my words would be answered. Nope I am just a simple season ticket holder who has to watch this atrocious product and long for the good ole days. I don't deserve some accountability for the worst year in the modern era of badger hockey.
          We DESERVE answers. Alvarez is as terrible an AD as he was good as a coach.

Indiana- we care about little things? You mean winning? Cause that's huge! Wins and titles that's all that matter.

You want fun times? Than win!

I was a hawks fan through the **** years and it wasn't fun but you can't sit back and say "oh well, they're 14-34 right now but it's still fun😀"

That's bull****. It's not fun and you're right Badger Bob would be very disappointed. But he wouldn't blame the fans he'd right the ship by firing eaves, getting a great motivator as coach and tireless recruiters...

Chuck - thanks for the updates. It looksike the new normal for UW id recruit 3rd tier players and the go 4-26 annually

😡😡😡
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Chuck - thanks for the updates. It looksike the new normal for UW id recruit 3rd tier players and the go 4-26 annually

😡😡😡
            Let's be fair, it's the every four year 4-26 year cycle now, right?

Depressing as they may be sometimes, thanks again for the updates, Chuck.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

According to Jersey Hitmen tweet, Zak Keryluk commits for next year:
              http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=253099
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Whioux?

Comment

Keryluk has to be a walk-on type kid I assume. Numbers are kind of scary to look at based on the league he plays in. Originally from Verona.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Oh boy.

Comment

Christian Dvorak...Brock Boeser...Tier-III junior...wow. (I suppose picking potential recruits who would be walk-on types but...better...would make for a better reply. I don't know who they are, though.)

Comment

Is Eaves just burning this team to the ground on his way out? Exactly what is the plan/reasoning bringing in an abundance of mediocre players to supplement a 4-26 team?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Wisconsin has the market cornered on D3 recruits. Maybe Alvarez is thinking about demoting the program?

I don't understand this addition at all. I say this with 100% seriousness... there are probably better players walking around the Wisconsin campus that are playing intramural.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            I won't say anything except that this isn't that surprising. Don't want to point fingers and anger Indiana and Wisko.
                            Do you think I like where the program is or how Eaves' has been doing? Honest question since you seem to think I believe Eaves is great at his job. I wanted him to be fired because of his hires for assistants but I'm not gonna sit here and complain to people that have zero influence on the situation. There's better things to do in life.
                            Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Indiana- we care about little things? You mean winning? Cause that's huge! Wins and titles that's all that matter.

You want fun times? Than win!
                            Little things as in who's head coach. Wouldn't matter if we were winning there would still be people complaining about Eaves. The main issue with Eaves' tenure has been recruiting. Oz was a great recruiter when he was here from 2004-2010. I'd say Osiecki had an impact on the 2004 through 2014 teams with his recruits. During that time the Badgers had 20+wins in 7/10 years, 8/10 years if you include the 19 win season. What does that tell us? He does great with a decent recruiter which Gary Schuchuk and Matt Walsh were NOT as evidenced by their recruits. Strand and Bittner sound extremely promising in the recruiting department.

Comparisons to Don Lucia past 10 years..

20+ win seasons
                            Eaves: 6/10
                            Lucia: 6/10

NCAA appearances
                            Eaves: 5/10
                            Lucia: 6/10

Frozen Fours
                            Eaves: 2
                            Lucia: 3

National title appearances
                            Eaves: 2
                            Lucia: 1

Championships:
                            Eaves: 1
                            Lucia: 0
                            Last edited by IndianaBadger1995; 06-26-2015, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Wisconsin has the market cornered on D3 recruits. Maybe Alvarez is thinking about demoting the program?

I don't understand this addition at all. I say this with 100% seriousness... there are probably better players walking around the Wisconsin campus that are playing intramural.
                              It'a just a depth thing, right? I have to assume there's no more top 2 line talent out there anymore, other than maybe Szmatula who got released by Northeastern. I'm not sure what else they could have done from a numbers standpoint. The bigger question is this: who found and recruited these last 2 questionable guys, MM or Strand/Bittner? One would assume MM since Strand/Bittner have only been there a few weeks. What are those 2 guys thinking right now? :O I know what I'm thinking is what you are thinking.....:O.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                                No, but it'd be quite appreciated if you'd take your negativity to the athletic department where it would actually be useful, not on some message board. It's ****ing annoying reading the constant whining amongst posters on here. Get a grip or use the energy somewhere where it'd be effective.
                                Sorry...a fan message board is exactly where fans can vent about a once proud program that has been turned into a dumpster fire on Eaves watch.

By the way, the athletic dept isn't paying attention or care about what fans think. Watch for the massive attrition of season tickets to continue and that hopefully at some point will get the attention of the management. Problem is, when they do fire Eaves next Spring, the hole will have been dug deeper then it should have been if the powers that be had a clue and did what was obvious this Spring. Instead, we rearranged the deck chairs on the titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                X