Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 - It's never too late to start all over again!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 - It's never too late to start all over again!

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Said it before...and I'm in the minority on this one. I believe most earn what they deserve. Christie is an example, while professional athletes are another. The guy runs a huge state and makes critical decisions for millions of people. The market typically determines people's value. And IMO society is better for it. Having said that, there are many cases where corruption (i.e., bad executive boards) give large sums to undeserving executives. Unfortunately that is an unavoidable byproduct of capitalism.
    Probably. We're not all equals. Some people are born with tools that give them an edge. Some people are able to overcome those obstacles. And then having the ability to navigate through everything when you get there so you can stay there. It's not easy stuff.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

How about we get back to the real point: It's ok to make money, everybody likes making money. But don't b* about how many stacks of paper your tax return takes or that you make $200k+ a year and are "struggling" to pay bills.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        How about we get back to the real point: It's ok to make money, everybody likes making money. But don't b* about how many stacks of paper your tax return takes or that you make $200k+ a year and are "struggling" to pay bills.
        Yeah, a friend of mine went to UNH on an athletic scholarship. She earned a degree in physical education because she wanted to be a hoops coach and gym teacher. Then her sister gets her a job in Arizona making six figures and she's griping to me about her $700 car payment and 2K mortgage. Didn't take her long to forget what it was like to earn $10/hour. Like I want to hear about her money problems. Now she and her husband are building an absolute palace in Texas, complete with 4-car garage and (wait for it) a car elevator.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Yeah, a friend of mine went to UNH on an athletic scholarship. She earned a degree in physical education because she wanted to be a hoops coach and gym teacher. Then her sister gets her a job in Arizona making six figures and she's griping to me about her $700 car payment and 2K mortgage. Didn't take her long to forget what it was like to earn $10/hour. Like I want to hear about her money problems. Now she and her husband are building an absolute palace in Texas, complete with 4-car garage and (wait for it) a car elevator.
          Wow. A 6 figure job with no college degree (phy ed? Please.) to speak of. Must be nice.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hillary Clinton went incognito to Chipotle and the GOP turned it into a campaign issue. Even overshadowing one of their own candidates announcing for president.

If the GOP is reduced to campaigning on TACOGHAZI and BURRITOGATE, it might not be a close election after all.
            Are you surprised? It's all they have.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Are you surprised? It's all they have.
              True, but I didn't expect them to overlook one of their own candidates making his announcement....

On another note...

Rand was later heard to say, "I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it's full of ****"
              Last edited by Priceless; 04-16-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Rand Paul told Savannah Guthrie how to do her job. The man is drip slime and he's going to be a drag on the GOP. So, just like the rest of the field.

Comment

That's very common. People's savings rates are often not nearly as high as you'd think they should be once they start making good money. We become accustomed to the new income level and start spending to match. When you're in college, living on next to nothing for income, and you think, "If only I was making $40k, I'd be living LARGE." (MN example, clearly, not Boston or NYC.) Then when it happens, you're looking around, wondering where all that extra cash is. I'd go into detail behing the reasons, but there's no need here. If you want to look it up, it as to do with budget contraint and indifference curve analysis.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Should the Dems go nuclear on Hillary???
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      No.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        LOL. Byline says it all.

When the last neocon is strangled with the intestines of the last theocon, America might have a chance. Jenny Rubin is an infected pimple on the Beltway's anus.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          LOL. Byline says it all.

When the last neocon is strangled with the intestines of the last theocon, America might have a chance. Jenny Rubin is an infected pimple on the Beltway's anus.
                          She's good for a laugh. Seriously though, if you want to beat Mrs. Clinton in the primaries, how do you do it? Mud? Issues? Platitudes? Go hard left? Or figure she'll do it herself?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I see that the latest phony outrage with regards to BURRITOGATE is that Countess Bathory didn't tip. Just like everyone else who eats at Chipotle.

Comment

Wait, what?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Wait, what?
                                Check it out

Comment

Working...
                                X