Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I think everyone saw the Brewers winning 1-0 at the Cardinals.
    The best team in baseball loses to the worst team in baseball, at home? Obviously!

Comment

And then Tyler Cravy holds the best team in baseball to one run in his major league debut, and the Brewers can't get one single effing run for him.

Brewers claim Hernan Perez off waivers from Detroit and DFA Elian Herrera. I feel like they have a lot of infielders, but I keep forgetting they don't really have a regular second baseman.

KD had his knee surgery and will miss 4-6 weeks. Counsell said Shane Peterson will probably be called up as the fourth outfielder.
      Last edited by jen; 06-03-2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

So rubber game will be 11-9?
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          So rubber game will be 11-9?
          I was going to go with 14-1. The Cardinals have gotta be ****ed these games were even close.

Comment

Hey, it's an offday! Feel free to go out and enjoy yourselves. Go fishing, take a walk, read a book, get your thumb re-frozen.. whatever.

Matchups for the Twins series:

Fri: Lohse vs. Kyle Gibson
            Sat: Garza vs TBA (I thought TBA pitched for the Brewers?)
            Sun: Fiers vs. Pelfrey

The little blurb on Lohse says "The Brewers are puzzled about why Lohse has struggled so mightily this season".

or fill in Garza. Peralta. Fiers. Nelson.
            Last edited by jen; 06-04-2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
              Matchups for the Twins series:

Fri: Lohse vs. Kyle Gibson
              Sat: Garza vs TBA (I thought TBA pitched for the Brewers?)
              Sun: Fiers vs. Pelfrey

The little blurb on Lohse says "The Brewers are puzzled about why Lohse has struggled so mightily this season".

or fill in Garza. Peralta. Fiers. Nelson.
              Are you driving to the Twin Cities? It's a short roadie!
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

2 out of 3 in Minnesota, and at least 2 out of 3 in Pittsburgh. Not bad at all.

Who's going to be traded before the deadline? If they trade Segura, I will be very sad, although it seems like there are a lot of middle infielders. Think they can dump Braun's contract on anyone?

Best starter this year? Whoever is making his major league debut.

Comment

Why trade Segura? He's on a dirty cheap contract for the next 3 seasons which is exactly the type of contract the Brewers need.

Braun probably can't be traded with the injury issues and his past. Not impossible but it'd be a tough sell to any fanbase and his contract is just awful. We'd be rid of him after this year if not for the dumb extension.

I'd look at trading Gomez. The team that gets him would get the rest of this year and 2016 so he'd bring more back than the average rental. Lucroy is basically in the same boat and has an option for 2017, might be worth considering as well. Those are the best trade chips they have though.

Comment

Mets reportedly thinking about a trade for Aramis.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...say-1.10529925
                    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                    sigpic
                    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

I mentioned Segura because there was a comment a few weeks ago tweeted by a media type from the Mets. I know it isn't likely or smart, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Do the Mets really need Aramis Ramirez? He's nice and all, and Wright is out indefinitely, but.. that kind of seems like a dumb move. Can't they do any better?

Comment

3B is a premium position and I'm not sure there are better options that can be acquired for cheap. That and the Mets aren't a poor team who can't afford it. No idea what we can get back for him but at this point there's no point in hanging onto him.

I don't think Segura being traded is impossible by any means I just don't really see the rationale from the Brewers perspective unless someone is willing to overpay.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-11-2015, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Not a pretty game, but I'll take it. The picture on jsonline of Scooter Gennett's gum shower is fantastic.

btw, for those who visit the ballpark - the Double Clutch is back, and it's called "Series Specials" now - section 223. So relieved. I'm betting I'm not the only one who missed it.

matchups for the rest of the series:

Tonight - Fiers vs. Zimmermann
                          Sat - Nelson vs. Ross
                          Sun - Jungmann vs,. Scherzer
                          Last edited by jen; 06-12-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Hey, the Brewers get to be embarrassed on national TV tonight by the Royals (and themselves), instead of just regional!

Comment

Eric Karros said something about trading Lucroy and/or Gomez last night.

They do need a rehaul, but I don't think they will trade Lucroy. It's so hard to find a quality catcher, and unless they're getting Clayton Kershaw for him, I don't think he's going anywhere. As much as anyone can be untouchable, I think Lucroy is. Gomez is a lot more expendable.

Someone would love to get Broxton for their stretch run, right? Right?????

And I don't think last's night's loss is even a moral victory. BA said something in the 9th about the Royals leaving the door open. Oh Brian. You should know better. They had the bases loaded in the 8th with one out, and the door wasn't even open then. The door is locked.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                                Eric Karros said something about trading Lucroy and/or Gomez last night.

They do need a rehaul, but I don't think they will trade Lucroy. It's so hard to find a quality catcher, and unless they're getting Clayton Kershaw for him, I don't think he's going anywhere. As much as anyone can be untouchable, I think Lucroy is. Gomez is a lot more expendable.

Someone would love to get Broxton for their stretch run, right? Right?????

And I don't think last's night's loss is even a moral victory. BA said something in the 9th about the Royals leaving the door open. Oh Brian. You should know better. They had the bases loaded in the 8th with one out, and the door wasn't even open then. The door is locked.
                                Problem is Lucroy and Gomez are the only ones that play premium positions, have multiple years on their contracts, and are the only ones that would return a good haul. I agree that Lucroy is super valuable and you would create a hole filled by one of the best/undervalued players in their respective position. But at the same time I'm not sure what else you can do as this team projects to be bad for a while and keeping an elite catcher and CF isn't going to be enough to change that. Problem with Lucroy is that he's undervalued and that means you might not get fair value for the guy unfortunately. Gomez on the other hand should bring back something nice.

As for Broxton you'd be selling low right now since he's been giving up a ton of dingers and has been quite bad but he should start regressing in the right direction eventually.

Not sure if you read disciples of Uecker but this article lays it out pretty well and they relay some of what I said (found this article after I wrote my post). http://disciplesofuecker.com/smartbu...oy-gomez/22926
                                Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-19-2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X