Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Jesus. Nice win.

Comment

How are we feeling about the Manny Machado rumors? (hello? anyone? )

I feel like it's not enough and maybe this isn't the "all-in" year, and then I remember... they have the best record in the National League (barely). And they've been up there for a while. So why not be all-in? I think I'm too used to focusing on potential for future years.

Comment

I'm not thrilled about it. I don't hate it, just confused. I don't quite see what benefit adding Machado or Arenado would be.

I would rather the rotation/bullpen be shored up. I don't see a Verlander-esque piece coming to the Brewers, but maybe a #2/3 guy and a known reliever.

I get that the Brewers have Jimmy Nelson on the Clayton Kershaw plan of "Spring Training, shut him down for the summer, bring him back for the Playoffs," but is he really the lone missing piece?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
          How are we feeling about the Manny Machado rumors? (hello? anyone? )

I feel like it's not enough and maybe this isn't the "all-in" year, and then I remember... they have the best record in the National League (barely). And they've been up there for a while. So why not be all-in? I think I'm too used to focusing on potential for future years.
          Depends what you have to give back for Machado. Also, do you expect to resign him? And he's said he will only play SS going forward. Is that an issue for the crew?
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I'm not thrilled about it. I don't hate it, just confused. I don't quite see what benefit adding Machado or Arenado would be.

I would rather the rotation/bullpen be shored up. I don't see a Verlander-esque piece coming to the Brewers, but maybe a #2/3 guy and a known reliever.

I get that the Brewers have Jimmy Nelson on the Clayton Kershaw plan of "Spring Training, shut him down for the summer, bring him back for the Playoffs," but is he really the lone missing piece?
            I didn't think Arenado had enough service time to be a free agent after this year (but I love him, so I'd be up for that one).

The fifth starter spot has been no man's land this year, and I'd rather see that filled than get Machado too. I still feel like the weak spot is starting pitching. Junior Guerra has been good, but how's he going to do in the playoffs? And Anderson?

If the Brewers have to keep pitching Jacob Barnes, then the bullpen could still use some help.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Depends what you have to give back for Machado. Also, do you expect to resign him? And he's said he will only play SS going forward. Is that an issue for the crew?
              I would not expect to, nor want, to re-sign him. I still think Arcia is still the shortstop of the future (the future being next year, assuming he figures out his offensive problems). But maybe that's not smart. Machado provides more offense, but he's a little older. Who is better defensively?
              Last edited by jen; 07-10-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Ok, after that series, I now have one foot on the Machado wagon.

Comment

So Nelson won't be back until Sept. at the earliest and Suter is done for the year. How much do the Brewers give up to get help?

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                    So Nelson won't be back until Sept. at the earliest and Suter is done for the year. How much do the Brewers give up to get help?
                    Who ever they get wont make one bit of impact anyway, so why even trade

Comment

It's kinda amazing how this team has been projected to be about .500 most of the years in recent memory and then they vastly exceed that during the first half of the season only to regress to about .500. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep this up. It's especially impressive that they did it without Nelson.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Per MLB Radio, Joakim Soria to the Brewers.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Per MLB Radio, Joakim Soria to the Brewers.
                          Good start. Now Jacob Barnes should only pitch in games already lost (or not at all).

Comment

I don’t know what your injury situation looks like over there, but you’re only 2.5 behind the Cubs, and the #1 spot in the NL is right there for the taking this year. It’s not like last year, where the Dodgers had the whole thing on ice by Memorial Day.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I don’t know what your injury situation looks like over there, but you’re only 2.5 behind the Cubs, and the #1 spot in the NL is right there for the taking this year. It’s not like last year, where the Dodgers had the whole thing on ice by Memorial Day.
                              Our bats went cold a month ago, our starting pitching is suspect, our middle relievers are the equivalent of t-ball tees to hitters, our defense took an extra week off after the all-star break, and yet we're still in the mix.

I just hope that this rough month is the only rough month of the season.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Per ESPN, Moustakas to the Brewers for OF Brett Phillips and RHP Jorge Lopez.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X