Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Welp, the sweep of the Dodgers isn't possible after last night's extra inning affair, let's see if they got the series win...

*checks box score*

*slowly closes laptop*

*places laptop into 55 gallon drum*

*lights 55 gallon drum on fire*

Err... on the bright side, Kratz lowered his ERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I mentioned on Tweeter: Well, at least we ain't the Mets.......
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Welp, the sweep of the Dodgers isn't possible after last night's extra inning affair, let's see if they got the series win...

*checks box score*

*slowly closes laptop*

*places laptop into 55 gallon drum*

*lights 55 gallon drum on fire*

Err... on the bright side, Kratz lowered his ERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      Jesus. It was only 12 when I went to bed.

(hey, speaking of Jesus, he had a home run )

On the bright side, the Cubs lost to the Padres, so at least the Brewers got lit up by a good team and didn't lose any ground.

ANYway.. Zach Davies is making 2 more starts in AAA, then hopefully will be back.
      Jimmy Nelson is throwing (offspeed) off a mound and feels good, but no timetable yet.

Comment

Nice walkoff last night. Here’s hoping Schoop can get comfortable in his new surroundings soon. 0 for 12 in his first 3 games
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

How long does Knebel stay the closer. Dudes been hit or miss at best all season. Wont ho far in the playoffs without a reliable closer

Comment

And the Brewers are out of a playoff spot for the first time since April 30th.

What a disaster July and August have been.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So. Granderson, Gonzalez, and a reliever I hadn't heard of. At least they did.. something?

(I do like Granderson, but I would've been happier about the move 10 years ago)

edit: and I thought Lara was supposed to be a Big Deal. Was he worth Gonzalez?
              Last edited by jen; 09-02-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I was at the game last night. Ho. Ly. Crap was that fun to watch. Was with a bus load of Cubs fans (we got a good deal on group tickets) and hoo-boy was that a treat once the Brewers blew it open.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I was at the game last night. Ho. Ly. Crap was that fun to watch. Was with a bus load of Cubs fans (we got a good deal on group tickets) and hoo-boy was that a treat once the Brewers blew it open.
                  You went to the game? Didn't you hear? Brewers fans don't go to these games. And if anyone is an expert on the Brewers-Cubs "rivalry", it's Cole Hamels, with his long, storied Cub career.

I do know people who won't go to see the Cubs at Miller Park (my mother is one of them). I don't go to weekend games (or holiday games) against the Cubs, not only due to Cubs fans.. but how some Brewers fans act when the Cubs are here. If they could keep all the obnoxiously drunk, belligerent idiots out, that'd be great.

Seriously, nice series so far. That Monday game was.... oh my. That was some playoff baseball. Fun stuff.
                  Last edited by jen; 09-05-2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Got my playoff tickets through the NLDS.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      Got my playoff tickets through the NLDS.
                      Any idea what time the game will be on Weds? I've got hockey at 10 I think but I'll try and watch most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Any idea what time the game will be on Weds? I've got hockey at 10 I think but I'll try and watch most of it.
                        No times announced yet (NL WC game is Tuesday, though. AL is Wednesday).

Comment

No times announced yet (NL WC game is Tuesday, though. AL is Wednesday).
                          Ah! Nice. I'm an A's fan too, I assume if that game is in NY it'll be at 6 or somewhere thereabouts.

Comment

*finally exhales*

Still three tough games against the Tigers to go.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

*finally exhales*

Still three tough games against the Tigers to go.
                              At worst, they'll host the WC game. At best - could still take home field until the World Series with the best record in the NL.

Let's go Pirates and Cardinals! And Rockies and Dodgers (because I want STL gone, but if I have to root for them, I need the teams ahead of them to win, so they don't get any higher).

and, uh, go Brewers.

so basically.. go Not Cubs.
                              Last edited by jen; 09-27-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

At worst, they'll host the WC game. At best - could still take home field until the World Series with the best record in the NL.

Let's go Pirates and Cardinals! And Rockies and Dodgers (because I want STL gone, but if I have to root for them, I need the teams ahead of them to win, so they don't get any higher).

and, uh, go Brewers.

so basically.. go Not Cubs.
                                I'm a Cubs fan, but the Brewers have earned the right to play host. They have clutch hitting the Cubs can only dream of at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X