Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

its game 2 and game 4 that you have to look at frustrated...its too bad Jeffress couldn't have been a little better this post season and we'd be in the World Series.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

eh, not too upset. What makes me happy is this team was not built to only be competitive in 2018. Almost everyone could be back next year, Nelson will be back, and some of the younger guys will likely be in the rotation. Plus whatever acquisitions they make in the offseason... they will continue to be competitive.

Comment

Next year will be very interesting between the Cubs and Brewers. The Brewers have all the parts, don't lose much, and have an intangible . . . something that the Cubs didn't have this year. The Cubs have some important adjustments to make but a lot of talent and very good management upstairs.

Comment

Bullpen coach Lee Tunnell was let go, and hitting coach Darnell Coles announced his resignation.

Surprised on both.

Comment

So they've announced two national awards so far, and they're both named after former Brewers... and Brewers won them both.

Yelich with the Aaron award and Hader with the Hoffman award, which I didn't know was a thing, but there you have it.

If you can stand to read JSOnline, the team grades and player grades are out. This is the first A+ for a player I can recall.

Comment

Soria, Moustakas, Miley, Granderson and Gonzalez are all free agents.

Comment

Pitching coach Derek Johnson left to pursue another opportunity with the, uh, Reds? Seems like such an odd move.
                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                sigpic
                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                  Pitching coach Derek Johnson left to pursue another opportunity with the, uh, Reds? Seems like such an odd move.
                  I forget the details, but there was a very slim window in his contract where he was free to explore other opportunities. The Reds found out about the window and backed a Brinks truck onto his front yard. It was apparently a *very* cash friendly contract.

I think I saw Haudricourt Tweet about it saying there was a blurb on JSonline.com
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    I forget the details, but there was a very slim window in his contract where he was free to explore other opportunities. The Reds found out about the window and backed a Brinks truck onto his front yard. It was apparently a *very* cash friendly contract.

I think I saw Haudricourt Tweet about it saying there was a blurb on JSonline.com
                    I believe Johnson said Cincinnati is also closer to his family.

Comment

I'm going to be really disappointed if the NL MVP vote on Thursday is not unanimous. I'm getting greedy.

Comment

Brewers NLCS MVP Yasmani Grandal signs one year deal with Brewers.

One year, $18.25 Mil deal for the former Dodgers catcher and NLCS blooper YouTube star.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

One year, $18.25 Mil deal for the former Dodgers catcher and NLCS blooper YouTube star.
                          I'm thrilled...kinda shocked the Brewers ponied up that kind of money but it is only 1 year so it makes sense to give it a try...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I'm thrilled...kinda shocked the Brewers ponied up that kind of money but it is only 1 year so it makes sense to give it a try...
                            I'm disappointed, based on what I saw in the NLCS. I hope he proves me wrong.
                            Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                            sigpic
                            Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                              I'm disappointed, based on what I saw in the NLCS. I hope he proves me wrong.
                              You aren’t the only one that feels that way but he’s an upgrade at the plate and was the #1 pitch framer last year. If he improves his passed ball yips he’ll be awesome. I understand it’s hard to separate the small sample size view we all got in the nlcs but he’s far better than that.

Comment

Miller Park to become American Family Insurance Park.

Apparently, American Family Insurance paid a lot.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X