Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

I want one of the road gray jerseys. And blue alternate. And...
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Love the video and the jerseys and all the different logos. They took a little piece of each prior logo/jersey and modernized it (except for those horrid green "MB" ones ) Not sure about the jersey font, though. Are the names on the back not going to be curved? That looks weird.
      Last edited by jen; 11-19-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
        Not sure about the jersey font, though. Are the names on the back not going to be curved? That looks weird.
        Saw a few more videos from the reveal, and it looks like there is a slight arc to the names. It's more noticable on Woodruff's jersey.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Who are they going to get to catch?

If Grandal wanted 4 years, I'm glad they didn't sign him.

Comment

So the brewers have lost Grandal (CHW) and Pomeranz (SD) to free agency and have traded Zach Davies and Trent Grisham to the San Diego Padres for left-hander Eric Lauer, infielder Luis Urias and a player to be named or cash...interesting start to the off-season
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Moustakas to the Reds... 4 years. Glad they didn't do that.

Hader's name running through the rumor mill.

Just saw this - Non-tendered: Shaw, Nelson, Guerra, Claudio, Saladino

So, as far as position players, they have outfielders, a second baseman and probably a shortstop.

I feel like they are freeing up a lot of payroll space and something is coming.
              Last edited by jen; 12-03-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I guess the team will be a just a little bit different in 2020. I certainly hope Stearns plans to spend at least as much money as last year...otherwise, what the hell?

C: ? & Pina
                1B: ?
                2B: Hiura
                SS: Urias & Arcia
                3B: ?
                OF: Braun, Cain, Yelich, Gamel

SP: Woodruff, ?, ?, Houser, Suter, Lauer
                RP: Hader, Knebel, ?, ?, Peralta, T. Williams, D. Williams Burnes, Faria

Its early in the offseason but there are alot of places that need improvement right now...the 40 man roster has 4 infielders atm.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• I feel like they are freeing up a lot of payroll space and something is coming.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a ****ty season

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
                    Yeah, a ****ty season
                    You need to work on your quote game...I'm leaning toward Jen's view of things at the moment. I can't imagine this team taking a big step back in payroll. It doesn't make sense. I will give Stearns the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise...

Comment

Why on Earth are you peddling Hader?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        You need to work on your quote game...I'm leaning toward Jen's view of things at the moment. I can't imagine this team taking a big step back in payroll. It doesn't make sense. I will give Stearns the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise...
                        It was pointed out that none of Stearns big moves have ever happened this soon. Let's wait and see what shakes out after the winter meetings, just in time to introduce potential new players at Brewers On Deck in January.

63 Million is off the books so far. That's a 10 mil a piece for six players, and the potential to sell high on Hader for a couple controllable young arms or bats as well. And Stearns has been a wizard these last few years in wringing the most from fringe players then selling them high before they crash.

If my memory serves me, Braun's contract is up in 2020, with an optional year. So that frees up another 16 million.

Yelich is gonna get paid.

So I agree with you and Jen. Let's see how this shakes out before jumping from windows.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Why on Earth are you peddling Hader?
                          Because (most) relievers burn out? It would have made more sense I think if they could have retained Pomeranz but maybe they sign some RP arms an trade Hader to restock the minors...who knows. In Stearns We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Because (most) relievers burn out? It would have made more sense I think if they could have retained Pomeranz but maybe they sign some RP arms an trade Hader to restock the minors...who knows. In Stearns We Trust
                            I feel like Hader's issues last season prove he's also vulnerable to this. They thought he had it fixed after the initial issues, but it reared its head again.

Comment

Hey, they got another starting pitcher!

um, Brett Anderson. 1 year/5 mil.

well, that was anti-climatic.

Still waiting for the big move. Not worried yet. Lots of time. Yelich-Cain day was what, mid-January?

Comment

What do you guys make of the reports that the Brewers lost money last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X