This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

A possible reason we didn’t see Luke sign a professional deal?....... @thegronk5 Had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists. One right after the other. I'm now ambidextrous.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 16 April 2015. There are 170 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        No such thing as "sub-goals." Win more than you lose; make the playoffs; win a couple of playoff series; make the NCAA Tournament; win at least one NCAA tournament game. Those are the goals fans want to see established and reached. How you do it doesn't matter. They don't give points for style. it doesn't matter if you win 20 games 1-0 or 7-6. Just get this program off the mat, and back to being relevant again. Losing a couple of guys early last year and then getting hit so hard with injuries this season really set the program back. If they can stay relatively healthy next winter they should be a factor in the ECAC. If not, then everyone will be justified in saying, "we have a problem (in) Houston."
        While "win more than you lose" is an admirable goal, it quickly gives rise to the question, "how do you do that in actuality?" You need some kind of measuring stick or marker to let you know you are on the right path and progressing at the right pace.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          While "win more than you lose" is an admirable goal, it quickly gives rise to the question, "how do you do that in actuality?" You need some kind of measuring stick or marker to let you know you are on the right path and progressing at the right pace.
          That marker is wins and losses. Many coaches divide seasons into segments. With 34 games, you might divide the season into three 11 game segments, with one game left over. Set a goal of winning more than you lose in each of those thirds with the ultimate goal to be playing your best hockey - winning the most games - in the final third, leading into the post-season. Stats - PP %, shots on goal, etc. don't matter. "Just win baby."

When a team has many freshman and sophomores, it is reasonable to expect that the first 1/3 or 2/3 of the season would produce fewer wins than the last 1/3, but the ultimate goal is to win competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
            That marker is wins and losses. Many coaches divide seasons into segments. With 34 games, you might divide the season into three 11 game segments, with one game left over. Set a goal of winning more than you lose in each of those thirds with the ultimate goal to be playing your best hockey - winning the most games - in the final third, leading into the post-season. Stats - PP %, shots on goal, etc. don't matter. "Just win baby."

When a team has many freshman and sophomores, it is reasonable to expect that the first 1/3 or 2/3 of the season would produce fewer wins than the last 1/3, but the ultimate goal is to win competitions.
            Bingo. As much as you can focus on fundamentals to help increase the probability of achieving the "W" ("Chance favours the prepared mind." --Travis Dane, "Under Siege 2"), many games we play have the team scoring goals doing it on a counter-attack, and that probability goes right out the window. How to achieve the W depends on the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              A possible reason we didn’t see Luke sign a professional deal?....... @thegronk5 Had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists. One right after the other. I'm now ambidextrous.
              That'd do it.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                But they are playing Rensselear Poly.
                It's like our team is more happy about who we get to play than winning
                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Today is 17 April 2015. There are 169 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    That'd do it.
                    Atypical as a hockey related surgery. Perhaps computer related?
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      With the amount of time people spend in front of keyboards nowadays, I'm surprised more people don't need it.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        He does tweet a lot.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                          I will be there!
                          As will I! Not sure if I should wear my RPI or U of A jersey though!

Comment

With the amount of time people spend in front of keyboards nowadays, I'm surprised more people don't need it.
                            I think the pharmacies stock a zillion of those wrist braces for that exact reason. The incidence is actually decreasing some lately as more people use tablets and cell phones rather than keyboards on older traditional computers.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I read from a fairly reliable source that it was actually nagging. Considering he was able to do what he did for all that time, I'm quite stunned.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                It's like our team is more happy about who we get to play than winning
                                There's not too much winning to be done in the next few months (unless you're Carlos Estevez, of course), so might as well look forward to the schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X