Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

  1. #1
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,743

    RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Today is 14 March 2015. There are 203 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.

    BTW, my niece is getting married on 10/4/15, so I may miss that game.



    Previous thread https://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...to-Rich-Curadi
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-15-2015 at 06:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,565

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    It's a 31 year cycle. No use getting ahead of ourselves.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place

  3. #3
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,743

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    It's a 31 year cycle. No use getting ahead of ourselves.
    And SLU's goalie performed as well as North Dakota's did in 1984, so there is a similarity of sorts. (Not much of a similarity, but I am grasping at straws here. )

  4. #4
    A Hell of an Engineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Glastonbury, CT
    Posts
    571

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    There are 203 days until RPI's next game.


    oh but congrats
    Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    So who is going to be our next coach??

  6. #6
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,565

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by noof78 View Post
    So who is going to be our next coach??
    Hard to speculate who will be available years beforehand.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place

  7. #7
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,743

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Today is 15 March 2015. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.

  8. #8
    hockey
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by noof78 View Post
    So who is going to be our next coach??
    Same **** coaches nothing will change

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    48,064

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Same **** coaches nothing will change
    At least we don't have an AD that offers an insane extension after a winning record.

  10. #10
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,502

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by noof78 View Post
    So who is going to be our next coach??
    Seth Appert.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

    WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    788

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Let's hope Dr. McElroy makes a public announcement that Appert will remain as coach so that recruiting can continue and the players coming back can get to work preparing for next season.
    Last edited by Jasma; 03-15-2015 at 09:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Rensselaer County
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    At least we don't have an AD that offers an insane extension after a winning record.
    I thought with the great playoff run which was so exciting, that a contract extension might be in order. Just wait until next year, OGC is just settling in. OGC said when he first came to RPI the win % was unacceptable and 9 years latter it is worse.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    48,064

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Seth Appert.
    So Appert's going to be the last coach and then the program will fold?

    Note the poster did not ask specifically about next year.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    48,064

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    I thought with the great playoff run which was so exciting, that a contract extension might be in order. Just wait until next year, OGC is just settling in. OGC said when he first came to RPI the win % was unacceptable and 9 years latter it is worse.
    I hope you aren't serious about the extension. We're stuck with this putz for six more years unless a very generous alum donates the money to buy out the contract, or some other school wants him.

  15. #15
    let's go red!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ice Station Zebra
    Posts
    201

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasma View Post
    Let's hope Dr. McElroy makes a public announcement that Appert will remain as coach so that recruiting can continue and the players coming back can get to work preparing for next season.
    McElroy is an interim AD. I don't see him making any major announcements either way. Everyone knows there's several years left on this deal and I would not expect to see someone with an interim title try to make a major change. If/when a new AD comes in, and depending on where the program stands at that point, things could get a little more interesting.

    I also wonder what the administration is hearing from alums/donors about the general direction of the program over the last decade and whether there is enough alum/donor pressure being applied to drive a change in a year or two. The last several games at HFH for the first time I heard several long-time, very loyal alums say they've had enough with the current regime. But maybe that's a small minority and Appert's supporters are right and most people have come to see the mounting losses as mostly irrelevant in assessing the program.

  16. #16
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    8,962
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious View Post
    McElroy is an interim AD. I don't see him making any major announcements either way. Everyone knows there's several years left on this deal and I would not expect to see someone with an interim title try to make a major change. If/when a new AD comes in, and depending on where the program stands at that point, things could get a little more interesting.

    I also wonder what the administration is hearing from alums/donors about the general direction of the program over the last decade and whether there is enough alum/donor pressure being applied to drive a change in a year or two. The last several games at HFH for the first time I heard several long-time, very loyal alums say they've had enough with the current regime. But maybe that's a small minority and Appert's supporters are right and most people have come to see the mounting losses as mostly irrelevant in assessing the program.
    McElroy, while having the interim title , has not to my knowledge stated that he is not a candidate for the permanent AD job. Given his relationahip with Shirley, I suspect the job would be his if he wants it. But it a anyones guess to whether he is interested in a full time gig

    While he isn't a hockey guy per se, he is ALL about winning - as evidenced by his UA legacy -the men's ans women's hoop teams, men's lacrosse, football upgrades etc. He is more than capable of leading a coaching search, if the need arose. I personally don't think it will for the hockey team, but who can tell. It would not shock me If changes are made in the staff ACs to attempt to garner more offense from our talented forwards. Time will tell

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    McElroy, while having the interim title , has not to my knowledge stated that he is not a candidate for the permanent AD job. Given his relationahip with Shirley, I suspect the job would be his if he wants it. But it a anyones guess to whether he is interested in a full time gig

    While he isn't a hockey guy per se, he is ALL about winning - as evidenced by his UA legacy -the men's ans women's hoop teams, men's lacrosse, football upgrades etc. He is more than capable of leading a coaching search, if the need arose. I personally don't think it will for the hockey team, but who can tell. It would not shock me If changes are made in the staff ACs to attempt to garner more offense from our talented forwards. Time will tell
    i think one of the local reporters, probably Weaver, will ask about Appert's status and McElroy will have to comment.
    If you are talking about freshmen forwards, you may be right. Let's see if they can stay healthy next year and then we'll see how good they are.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    48,064

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasma View Post
    i think one of the local reporters, probably Weaver, will ask about Appert's status and McElroy will have to comment.
    If you are talking about freshmen forwards, you may be right. Let's see if they can stay healthy next year and then we'll see how good they are.
    Let's see if they even stay and don't just bolt to MJ.

  19. #19
    hockey
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Slu was arguably the worst of the top 6 teams.
    Until a player gets here and puts goals in the net , call it the errrrrrrr laliberte syndrome I don't give a crap what they do in juniors
    Appert era highlight 9 years probly chase polaceks hobey run I guess

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    352

    Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer :(

    Quote Originally Posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Slu was arguably the worst of the top 6 teams.
    Until a player gets here and puts goals in the net , call it the errrrrrrr laliberte syndrome I don't give a crap what they do in juniors
    Appert era highlight 9 years probly chase polaceks hobey run I guess
    Laliberte looked a little slow for division 1 never used as a penalty killer. In the two playoff series the senior forwards had one point no goals. The sophomore class is one of the weakest in a long time. 2015 Off season thread part II lose appert or lose 20. Seriously considering dumping season tickets after 37 years

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •