RPI @ SLU 3/13 Game one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ SLU 3/13 Game one

Let's see, today is Friday the 13th, tomorrow is Pi Day, and Sunday is the Ides of March. Clearly Pi Day should favor a tech school, but I can't figure out the other two.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Let's see, today is Friday the 13th, tomorrow is Pi Day, and Sunday is the Ides of March. Clearly Pi Day should favor a tech school, but I can't figure out the other two.
      Friday the 13th should favor the team with the goalie with the "better" face mask design, no? *

The Ides of March should work against the Saints.

* or am I getting my slasher movies mixed up?? I have never seen one, and the ads all kind of blur together....
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        Friday the 13th should favor the team with the goalie with the "better" face mask design, no? *

The Ides of March should work against the Saints.

* or am I getting my slasher movies mixed up?? I have never seen one, and the ads all kind of blur together....
        I have never seen the movies either, and anyway I have no idea whose face mask has a better design. I am sure that someone will know the answers to both questions.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-13-2015, 02:21 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have never seen the movies either, and in anyway I have no idea whose face mask has a better design. I am sure that someone will know the answers to both questions.
          Here's Hayton's new (as in debuted this weekend) mask. Was supposed to be ready about a month ago, but was delayed.

Comment

Looking forward to some friendly banter with (most of) you gents this series. Let's do this.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Looking forward to some friendly banter with (most of) you gents this series. Let's do this.
              Here's to many smilies and very few frownies.

Comment

Friday the 13th favors Colgate. We have a strong association with the number 13. Hopefully tomorrow being the "ultimate" Pi Day will favor RPI.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  Friday the 13th favors Colgate. We have a strong association with the number 13. Hopefully tomorrow being the "ultimate" Pi Day will favor RPI.
                  Could mean we score an OT goal on 3/14/15 at 9:26:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Here's to many smilies and very few frownies.
                    Oh yay, I can hardly contain my excitement for that space wasting nonsense

Comment

Honestly, I would just like this series to go three games and have something to listen to or watch on Sunday evening. Not sure how much of the game tonight or the game tomorrow i will get to hear since we made all our plans for this weekend. Truthfully neither of us were expecting to leave Potsdam having won the series. As usual, just hoping for the officials to be so good that we do not notice them at all. not just in calling penalties but dropping the puck for face offs and calling offsides and icings properly. That may be too much to ask for but would love for the teams to just decide who moves on without some controversy about the officials. I do think it wold be appropriate for a team with Pi in it's name to win on Pi day though.

edit: i really wanted my 40,000th post to be significant but this is all i could come up with.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Oh yay, I can hardly contain my excitement for that space wasting nonsense
                        I'm almost tempted to start tracking, in the game resets, how many times people complain about it.

Comment

RPI lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...G1.pdf?id=2127. Is this a record for SA for keeping the same lineup for the most consecutive days?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I'm almost tempted to start tracking, in the game resets, how many times people complain about it.
                            There is a limit to how many characters can be in a post as I found out in the first posts of the Belt thread.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              But we aren't playing Colgate.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI lines http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...G1.pdf?id=2127. Is this a record for SA for keeping the same lineup for the most consecutive days?
                                Considering we don't typically get this many playoff games in a year, maybe. However, playoffs would tell me that the time for rotation is past, and we go with our best team consisting of a combination of 20 players.

Comment

Working...
                                X