Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Playoffs: RPI @ SLU 3/13-15/15

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Usually I do the same trip in one shot; maybe hit up Stewart's on the way back.
    I thought Rt 11 was Byrne Dairy territory. ((I have this theory about Stewart's and Byrne Dairy. Byrne Dairy has everything drained by waterways fed by the windward side of the Adirondacks and Stewart's takes in the regions drained by leeward side waterways. Kind of like the French & Indian War with that north/south division for the Brits & French. A bit of an upstate OPEC for convenience stores selling gas, lottery tix, bread, hot dogs, pizza slices and newspapers.))
    Last edited by fr. joe; 03-08-2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
      I thought Rt 11 was Byrne Dairy territory. ((I have this theory about Stewart's and Byrne Dairy. Byrne Dairy has everything drained by waterways fed by the windward side of the Adirondacks and Stewart's takes in the regions drained by leeward side waterways. Kind of like the French & Indian War with that north/south division for the Brits & French. Kind of like an upstate OPEC for convenience stores selling gas, lottery tix, bread, hot dogs, pizza slices and newspapers.))
      Once you get past Watertown, it's Stewart's. Plus, they recently put one in not too far from me.

Comment

Once you get past Watertown, it's Stewart's. Plus, they recently put one in not too far from me.
        Next thing you know, they'll put a Wegman's in Albany (or maybe fashionable Loudonville).

Comment

Next thing you know, they'll put a Wegman's in Albany (or maybe fashionable Loudonville).
          You did get a Dinosaur location out there...

Comment

Stewart's also goes downstate a good ways on the Albany side of the state too. There is one off the Kingston exit on 87 headed towards Belleayre Mt., not sure if they go further south than that.

Comment

You did get a Dinosaur location out there...
              Yes, and a T-rex loose on the streets of downtown Troy has definitely ratcheted up missing persons count.
              Last edited by fr. joe; 03-08-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Stewart's also goes downstate a good ways on the Albany side of the state too. There is one off the Kingston exit on 87 headed towards Belleayre Mt., not sure if they go further south than that.
                Just don't tell the people in Castleton; I hear they're a bit upset.

I think they actually opened a second location in Utica.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Stewart's isn't just that family-friendly little chain... have you seen their WHQ by Northway Exit 14? Low slung, sleek black glass. Looks very CIA (and if you've had their chili you know CIA grads must work there.) Downstate stores for now... world domination is next!

Comment

When working for GE in Syracuse (years ago) I would make the trek north to see a game every now and then. Let me tell you, on NY Route 11 the nicest restaurant in Governeur was the McDonald's drive thru which closed at 11. That filet o fish and fries (or any other facsimile of hot food) sure tasted good.
                    As a general rule, yes, there are minimal dining options in the region, but McDonald's is not the only option, that's just a little silly. I can name 5-10 good restaurants in the Canton/Potsdam area (and no they are not fast food ), I can even give you directions on how to get there etc etc.
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                      As a general rule, yes, there are minimal dining options in the region, but McDonald's is not the only option, that's just a little silly. I can name 5-10 good restaurants in the Canton/Potsdam area (and no they are not fast food ), I can even give you directions on how to get there etc etc.
                      Canton and Potsdam are lovely. Governeur, though, is a gastronomic delight.
                      Last edited by fr. joe; 03-08-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

SLU is very happy that RPI won. SLU wins going away and I bet something to the tune of a 6 goals spread over the two games.

Comment

Canton and Potsdam are lovely. Governeur, though, is a gastronomic delight.
                          Ahhhh, yes this is true! LOL ... They closed down Greg's, which was one of my favorite restaurants just this past year. There is Gentry's, Jreck's, Mullins, Casablanca, New York Pizzeria, Jumbo's, Subway, Palms, Premo's, Dashnaws Pizzeria, that's all that I can think of off the top of my head in Gouverneur. As to which of these are actually "good" restaurants? Now that will cut that list down quite a bit!
                          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            SLU is very happy that RPI won. SLU wins going away and I bet something to the tune of a 6 goals spread over the two games.
                            I'm not sure you paid attention to the end of the season, but RPI did beat SLU at senior night. This isn't a done deal.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by saints#1 View Post
                              ahhhh, yes this is true! Lol ... They closed down greg's, which was one of my favorite restaurants just this past year. There is gentry's, jreck's, mullins, casablanca, new york pizzeria, jumbo's, subway, palms, premo's, dashnaws pizzeria, that's all that i can think of off the top of my head in gouverneur. As to which of these are actually "good" restaurants? Now that will cut that list down quite a bit!

Comment

The chinese food place across from the corner of Miner and 11 isn't too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X