RPI Pros VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros VI

Vegas starts Camp 9/14 & Pirri will be there..... https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/ne...er/c-300082410
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ryan Haggerty will be in Pittsburg’s Camp..... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I guess Rich Scammell's '69 retirement belongs here.

When I was in school, a bunch of guys from my dorm decided to form an intramural softball team.

Our first game was against a team named the Canucks. They were all Canadians who had played on RPI's hockey team the previous season. Rich Scammell was the captain of the team.

I played first base for our team. A couple of times, my teammates threw balls that pulled me into the path of runners coming into the base. I learned - twice - what it was like to be on the receiving end of a really solid body check.

After the game, one of my teammates told me that, after the second collision, he had overheard Scammell speaking to his teammates. He just reminded them that those of us on the other side weren't the same caliber of athletes as they were, so it was their responsibility to see that none of us got hurt.

I will always remember Rich Scammell as a gentleman and a sportsman.

Comment

.....and my All Time favorite Engineer, Erik Burgdoerfer in Ottawa’s Camp..... https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/se...er/c-300069270

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I will always remember Rich Scammell as a gentleman and a sportsman.
            My recollection also. But add to that one of the hardest shots I had seen up until that time. I always looked at Rich Scammell and Dale Watson as a big part of the resurrection of RPI hockey. Two very talented boys that were sorely needed after the debacle of 1965-1966
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Something in the back of mind is telling me that Scammell played on RPI's baseball team in his Jr and/or Sr. year. This was legal back then as we didn't give athletic scholarships.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Comment

Something in the back of mind is telling me that Scammell played on RPI's baseball team in his Jr and/or Sr. year. This was legal back then as we didn't give athletic scholarships.
                  Well, bylaw 15.5.9 gives insight on the current rules, and I don't see anything there stating they can't multi-sport in all four years. Obviously we don't have to worry too much about "counting" for the other sport because the other sport is D-III and they're going to use up a scholarship if they play hockey and something else. I think the two-year was Appert enforced because of his beliefs on committing to a single sport.

Comment

Edit - The back of your mind is correct, Ralph. Scammell did play baseball for RPI in 1969, his senior year.

I was the scoreboard operator at what was then known as 17th Street Field that year. The scoreboard was on the hill in right field. In order to operate the scoreboard, I had to sit out there underneath it.

I remember one incident that shows the kind of competitor Scammell was.

Clarkson and St. Lawrence came to the Capital District for a weekend to play RPI and Union. Friday's games were rained out, so it was decided to play split double-headers on Saturday morning and afternoon, with the two North Country teams switching sites between games.

The morning game didn't go well, and RPI ended up losing, 8-0. The game was terminated at the end of seven innings, perhaps to give the visitors time to make their way over to Schenectady for the second game.

Scammell was RPI's starting right fielder for the second game. I called down and asked him, "Is this game going to be seven innings again?"

He turned around and said, "No. This one's going to be nine. I don't know why we didn't play nine this morning."

Down 8-0 after seven, and he still wanted to play the last two innings. That's a competitor for you.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      Unfortunately Drew was not offered an invite to NYR Camp. He does have a contract with Hartford (AHL) though.
                      Just been informed that Drew is now in NYR Training Camp. He was brought in a couple of days ago as an injury replacement. NYR vs NJD tonight on NHL Network but Drew will not be in the lineup.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

CBJ game will be rebroadcast on NHL Network Wed. @ 2pm. Burgdoerfer is in Ottawa's lineup vs Toronto tonight on NHL Net. @ 7:30pm & Pirri will play for Vegas right after that game on NHL Net.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              CBJ game will be rebroadcast on NHL Network Wed. @ 2pm. Burgdoerfer is in Ottawa's lineup vs Toronto tonight on NHL Net. @ 7:30pm & Pirri will play for Vegas right after that game on NHL Net.
                              .....like clockwork, BP scores on his first shot.

Comment

Boxscore for Praps.... https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/chi-v...game_tab=stats

Comment

Working...
                                X