Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 540

Thread: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

  1. #501
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by used2lurk View Post
    I like reading about MN and MN HS hockey a lot but I believe that there really is material for 2 different articles/topics here from the east side daily.

    The title of the article is, "The 25 greatest players to play Minnesota girls high school hockey".

    In my opinion they should have one article titled, "The 25 greatest players who played Minnesota girls high school hockey" and another article titled, "The 25 greatest Minnesota girls high school hockey players".

    Two different lists with two different parameters. Obviously there could/would be a lot of the same names on each list but there should be at least a couple of different names on the two lists.
    the St Paul paper is read by *surprise* St Paulites, people across the river don't even know it exists, the newspaper, although many don't know the city exists either
    they likely had St. Paul people come up with the list
    consequently highly slanted towards St. Paul people

    I'm sure the paper is just happy people from across the river clicked on the link and perhaps sold a few newspapers to those players that never read the newspaper before
    Israel depends on a wall for their security, and it is doing the job. Democrazies need to explain why one wouldn't work for the USA. Baring that, build a wall Mr. Trump, so big the Chineeze have to rename theirs.

  2. #502
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Posted by Lancaster on GPL, thought it was cute. Three Blake girls, all commits, showing off their musical talents.

    Madeline Wethington - Minnesota
    Lily Delianedis - Cornell
    Addie Burton - Minnesota

    https://youtu.be/bR1k9ZeqeOQ
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  3. #503
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Posted by Lancaster on GPL, thought it was cute. Three Blake girls, all commits, showing off their musical talents.

    Madeline Wethington - Minnesota
    Lily Delianedis - Cornell
    Addie Burton - Minnesota

    https://youtu.be/bR1k9ZeqeOQ
    Addie Burton shredding on a Ukulele...Nice.

    This was just added as well...3 from White Bear Lake

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOJSAE7E4E

    Sydney Shearen - Minnesota
    Calla Frank - Minnesota State
    Abby Delarosa - Bemidji State
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-07-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  4. #504
    Hockey Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    the great U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,202

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Thank you all for the links and the info on Cornell's two Blake recruits.

  5. #505
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    Thank you all for the links and the info on Cornell's two Blake recruits.
    Happy to provide the information on my end. I will be interested in keeping tabs on these two recruits at Cornell since I have seen them both quite a bit.

    We are very fortunate in Minnesota to be able to watch a lot of talented girls play high school hockey.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  6. #506
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj711 View Post
    Thank you all for the links and the info on Cornell's two Blake recruits.
    Heading into the sectional playoffs I see that your two Cornell recruits are the leading scorers on their team, currently ranked No. 1 in the State. I would imagine that once they gain some experience at the D1 level they will become key contributors.

    https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/sta...s&tool=3246600
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  7. #507
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Heading into the sectional playoffs I see that your two Cornell recruits are the leading scorers on their team, currently ranked No. 1 in the State. I would imagine that once they gain some experience at the D1 level they will become key contributors.

    https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/sta...s&tool=3246600
    I see you asked about Mikayla Pahl over on GPL and I was wondering why she hasn't been playing as well. Here is a link stating that an injury cut her senior season short.

    https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...de787413a.html

    Also she is one of the 5 finalists for the 2019 Let's Play Hockey Senior Goalie of the Year award.

    https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_article/show/992677
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  8. #508
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Must have been a pretty serious injury to miss so many games. With her season cut short and her mediocre stats (with a dreadful team playing in front of her, no wonder!) I don't give her much chance of winning the award.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  9. #509
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    566

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Look at the goalie stats from Quinn Kuntz (Warroad) - undefeated this season, 14 shutouts, 0.60 goals against average...they may as well just drop the award at her house tomorrow. Do her stats say something about the level of competition in the league she plays in, or is she just that good?

  10. #510
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Look at the goalie stats from Quinn Kuntz (Warroad) - undefeated this season, 14 shutouts, 0.60 goals against average...they may as well just drop the award at her house tomorrow. Do her stats say something about the level of competition in the league she plays in, or is she just that good?
    I don't doubt that she's good, maybe very good, as evidenced by the fact that she's committed to Ohio State. But I strongly suspect that her 14 shutouts and 0.60 GAA can be largely attributed to the team playing in front of her being so much better than the teams they play, the result being that she doesn't face very many quality shots.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  11. #511
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Since the Gophers are off this weekend and high school sectional playoffs are in full swing thought I would either go to Parade stadium and check out some games there or another intriguing matchup is Andover vs Elk River/Zimmerman for another look at Andover and Kelsey King with Elk River, a Minnesota State recruit that is one of the state's leading scorers. I would also like to see two freshmen in Claire Enright and Samantha Moehle with Farmingtion as they have a matchup with Lakeville South Tonight.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  12. #512
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    I don't doubt that she's good, maybe very good, as evidenced by the fact that she's committed to Ohio State. But I strongly suspect that her 14 shutouts and 0.60 GAA can be largely attributed to the team playing in front of her being so much better than the teams they play, the result being that she doesn't face very many quality shots.
    She plays in a weak section. She is very good was recruited over to Warroad from Grand Forks ND. Frank, Morgan are better than her Morgan is another ND transfer. Uncommitted, Definitely a D1 talent. This award is predetermined Frank will win it. You heard it here first.

  13. #513
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    The 25 greatest players in Minnesota girls high school hockey so far: Nos. 6-10

    From age 40 to about 19 in these five...
    https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/0...-far-nos-6-10/
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  14. #514
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by zambonidriver View Post
    She plays in a weak section. She is very good was recruited over to Warroad from Grand Forks ND. Frank, Morgan are better than her Morgan is another ND transfer. Uncommitted, Definitely a D1 talent. This award is predetermined Frank will win it. You heard it here first.
    https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/992654

    At the 13:50 mark these guys pretty much mention The best goalie in the state but itís if all ready determined itís a mute point

  15. #515
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Wound up going to the Andover/Elk River-Zimmerman game and it was quite the game. It went to the 4th overtime until Andover scored the game winner. Megan Jung, one of the 10 Goalie of the Year semi-finalists faced 89 shots and made 85 saves. She was the reason why the game was close. Very impressed with her technique and composure under a lot of pressure. Andover had numerous grade A scoring chances with quite a few of them coming from Andover's first line.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  16. #516
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,884

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Wound up going to the Andover/Elk River-Zimmerman game and it was quite the game. It went to the 4th overtime until Andover scored the game winner. Megan Jung, one of the 10 Goalie of the Year semi-finalists faced 89 shots and made 85 saves. She was the reason why the game was close. Very impressed with her technique and composure under a lot of pressure. Andover had numerous grade A scoring chances with quite a few of them coming from Andover's first line.
    Thanks for the report, FHF. Had to be a real heartbreaker for the Elks, especially Megan Jung whose high school career is now over. I'm surprised that she is not committed anywhere; I wonder if she'll play in college?
    https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/ros...bseason=587205
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  17. #517
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Thanks for the report, FHF. Had to be a real heartbreaker for the Elks, especially Megan Jung whose high school career is now over. I'm surprised that she is not committed anywhere; I wonder if she'll play in college?
    https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/ros...bseason=587205

    She is listed in the Lets Play Hockey article as committed to UW-Eau Claire.

    https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_article/show/990381
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  18. #518
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,189

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Had to be a real heartbreaker for the Elks...
    Committing a roughing penalty while on a 5-on-3 PP? Even if the call is soft, players have to know that referees are looking for a chance to even things up if they can, especially as Andover had been called for four penalties during the OTs and none for the Elks to that point. Losing on the resulting PP had to hurt.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  19. #519
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Committing a roughing penalty while on a 5-on-3 PP? Even if the call is soft, players have to know that referees are looking for a chance to even things up if they can, especially as Andover had been called for four penalties during the OTs and none for the Elks to that point. Losing on the resulting PP had to hurt.
    Were you there?

    The two calls on Andover were not very good, especially the second one on Jamie Nelson. I think most of the fans thought the interference penalty was going to be on Elk River. With two of the best players off for Andover I think there was a bit of frustration on Elk River's part that they couldn't put the puck in the net on the 5-on-3. The penalty on Elk River was the most obvious penalty of the three.

    Elk River had a couple of very good chances to win the game in overtime but Andover had so many more and it was really the goaltender for Elk River/Zimmerman that made the game go as long as it did.

    Really a fun game to watch as a neutral observer.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

    People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

  20. #520
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,189

    Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Were you there?
    No. I was just commenting on committing a penalty while enjoying a 2-skater advantage. Especially something like a rough, that isn't like a hook or interference than can be a good penalty in certain circumstances.

    I agree that those section games are often some of the best hockey to watch, better than the state tourney games at times.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •