Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

The locker room is something male coaches really have to be careful/proper/circumspect/appropriate about.

But mostly the article gave me that "the parents from hell are running amuck" warm feeling inside.

Comment

was it the headline promising some perv in the locker room that grabbed your attention away from your game controller?

from the article it isn't clear whether he was forced to resign or figured being an unpaid coach he had had enough, there are always a couple (or if you are really unlucky, a few) parents who aren't going to be happy unless their kid is the star hoisting the championship trophy (and even then you are lucky to have their kid on their team, the parents taught them everything)
      as for his swearing, I'm willing to bet my next paycheck the girls on those teams have used as bad or worse, although again. I'm sure their parents think their daughters are as pure as the driven snow

good for him, hopefully the White Bear season goes down in flames

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        The locker room is something male coaches really have to be careful/proper/circumspect/appropriate about.

But mostly the article gave me that "the parents from hell are running amuck" warm feeling inside.
        Well the parents might be running amuck but Hartzell made an inexcusable mistake. If I give him the benefit of the doubt then he allowed emotion and frustration enter into his thinking in a way that could have ended much worse than it did. I think he did the right thing in stepping away even if it was just a mistake.

Comment

Here is Hartzell's original article that appeared in the December 21st edition of Let's Play Hockey:

http://www.stateofhockey.com/news_ar...rer_id=3719763
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            ... inexcusable mistake...if...
            and if one of the girls had been experiencing a medical emergency, he would have been a hero, you are correct though, he needed to resign, not for your reasons, but for his

with all of the great hockey games played, Centennial beating Edina just an example, and what grabs the attention?

depression and low self esteem among college students has reached an all-time high, suicide among teen girls at an all time high
            I thought all the touchy feelie types awarding participation trophies was supposed to accomplish the opposite?
            the irony is that today's parents are such helicopters, never giving kids the independence they need, except at the times they should provide more leadership & guidance, they are amsent
            Last edited by pokechecker; 01-05-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

#3AA Edina vs #1AA Blake today at 4:00 cst. Battle of the 2 state champions from last year. Now in the same section so only 1will have to play themselves into the state tourney this year.

Hope it’s a good one. There are a lot of really nice hockey players on both teams. I believe there are 8 D1 commits on each team and several other NESCAC commits (no one seems to care much about MIAC here on board). At least 5 future gophers (I predict at least 1more soon on Edina), 2 Dartmouth, 2 Harvard, 2 Cornell, 1 northeastern, 1 Princeton, 1 Penn State, & 1 Yale. D3 commits so far are Williams, Middlebury, & Amherst.

The game will be streamed for free on youthhockeyhub.com and stateofhockey.com and some other place I can’t remember.

Interesting side note is that at least 5 girls from Blake played youth hockey at least a year in Edina.

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                #3AA Edina vs #1AA Blake today at 4:00 cst. Battle of the 2 state champions from last year. Now in the same section so only 1will have to play themselves into the state tourney this year.

Hope it’s a good one. There are a lot of really nice hockey players on both teams. I believe there are 8 D1 commits on each team and several other NESCAC commits (no one seems to care much about MIAC here on board). At least 5 future gophers (I predict at least 1more soon on Edina), 2 Dartmouth, 2 Harvard, 2 Cornell, 1 northeastern, 1 Princeton, 1 Penn State, & 1 Yale. D3 commits so far are Williams, Middlebury, & Amherst.

The game will be streamed for free on youthhockeyhub.com and stateofhockey.com and some other place I can’t remember.

Interesting side note is that at least 5 girls from Blake played youth hockey at least a year in Edina.
                I had posted a little bit about this in the Gopher thread but this is a much better and more detailed entry that makes sense for this thread.

Thanks for posting and...Would you care to share a little more on the prediction of at least 1 more soon on Edina? HC perhaps? Lots of school ties...
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

5Hole, I have no inside knowledge on that...just seems like it is the most likely landing spot. I do think she is a really nice player and to be a Freshman let alone a contributing one on that team is remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                    5Hole, I have no inside knowledge on that...just seems like it is the most likely landing spot. I do think she is a really nice player and to be a Freshman let alone a contributing one on that team is remarkable.
                    Ok, just wondering. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

Is anyone getting the stream for the Blake Edina game?

Comment

Is anyone getting the stream for the Blake Edina game?
                        Nope...All around frustrating day so far...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          Looks like the game is starting late and the stream is up

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            We saw it live and in person. The first 2 periods were brutal for Blake. They looked a little better in the 3rd which I think was Edina letting up a little & the Bears turning it up a notch. 5-2 final, Blake is not going to be #1 next week.

Looks like the game is starting late and the stream is up
                            Boys Duluth Marshall vs Blake. that one ended 6-2 Hilltoppers & it was not even that close.

Comment

I was looking at Edina's player stats at the Hockey Hub and the whole team has a shooting percentage of 100% except Loli Fidler. Fidler is only shooting at 94% which I assume means Fidler isn't a very good player

Comment

Fidler is only shooting at 94% which I assume means Fidler isn't a very good player
                                That's why she's headed out east...
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-21-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X