Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    The Star Tribune comes out with their own Top 23, all listed in one article. A little strange that to make their list each had to play in the State Tournament.

Silver 25: Minnesota's best girls' hockey players on the biggest stage
    http://www.startribune.com/silver-25...age/506079862/
    Strange list all around, as it doesn't seem to be consistent in what it is trying to do. How you can have Ashley Young at #7 and Laura Bowman nowhere on the list is beyond me.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      I wanted to ask a question about Maine recruit Anna LaRose. What are your thoughts on her as a D1 goalie?
      North Wright County (Albertville/St Michael co-op) was on my radar to see this year as they have some good young talent but I never got the opportunity to see them. Hopefully next year.

She is a recent commitment, correct?
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Breck moves on the the semifinals in Class A with a 2-0 win over Fergus Falls. I thought the goalie for Fergus (Jadyn McKeever) stood out in this game.

Comment

Oh and for those who have an interest in seeing the games, you can stream the games for free at PrepSpotlight.tv

Comment

Mound Westonka holds serve defeating Mankato West 4-2.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Mound Westonka holds serve defeating Mankato West 4-2.
              Other than the #4 vs. the #5 seed match-ups the quarterfinal games in Class A are almost always terribly one-sided. This one was no exception, as Mound Westonka had 73 shots on goal against a beleaguered yet very solid Mankato goaltender, who managed to stop 69 of them. But in general, until you get to the final (or sometimes the semifinals) the quality of play and the competitiveness between teams in Class A is not good.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Oh and for those who have an interest in seeing the games, you can stream the games for free at PrepSpotlight.tv
                Thank you.

Is that just for the quarterfinals or all rounds? Prep45.com says Fox45 will be doing the semis and finals.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Star Tribune comes out with their own Top 23, all listed in one article. A little strange that to make their list each had to play in the State Tournament.

Silver 25: Minnesota's best girls' hockey players on the biggest stage
                  https://www.startribune.com/silver-2...age/506079862/
                  IMO, this list is better than the little papers in that the selections at least match the criteria
                  hard to argue with the top 5 although #25 is a little odd , but I 'spose given the criteria ....

my favorite blurb:
                  Whistled a combined seven times for infractions in the first two games in 2012, McMillen never left the ice in the Class 1A championship game victory. And the game went to double overtime. Few players were more feared or skilled.

they broke the mold, one of a kind

Comment

North Wright County (Albertville/St Michael co-op) was on my radar to see this year as they have some good young talent but I never got the opportunity to see them. Hopefully next year.

She is a recent commitment, correct?
                    Yes, on Febuary 1st according to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/WHockeyCommits/s...621668865?s=19

Comment

Warroad easily defeats St. Paul United 4-0. Not much of a contest.

Comment

Warroad easily defeats St. Paul United 4-0. Not much of a contest.
                        The next game (Rochester Lourdes vs. Proctor/Hermantown) should be a lot closer. South vs. North! Private vs. Public! Who do you like?

Comment

The next game (Rochester Lourdes vs. Proctor/Hermantown) should be a lot closer. South vs. North! Private vs. Public! Who do you like?
                          A lot closer... Lourdes ties it up at 2-2 in the last minute of the 3rd so we've got...Bonus hockey!

Comment

Well...not much bonus hockey as it takes 36 seconds for Proctor Hermantown to score the game winner. 3-2 final.

Comment

Well...not much bonus hockey as it takes 36 seconds for Proctor Hermantown to score the game winner. 3-2 final.
                              Best team won, but can they give undefeated and No. 1A ranked Warroad a game on Friday? I say probably not, that it will come down to Warroad and Breck in the Class A final.

Looking forward to the "Big Schools" - the Class 2A Tournament - which gets underway tomorrow.

Comment

Looking forward to the "Big Schools" - the Class 2A Tournament - which gets underway tomorrow.
                                Two teams this morning that have Gopher recruits in the Andover vs Farmington matchup starting now.

Beautiful play by Hemp to get the puck to Nelson and she put it in the net 1-0 Andover.

Now 2-0... Gabby Krause puts it in on a Farmington turnover.

Looks like 3-0 with Krause getting her 2nd but it's under review. And it's a good goal. (3rd assist for Peyton Hemp as well.)

Wow...Maddie Kaiser make it 4-0...Andover just pounding Farmington. First period mercifully comes to an end for Farmington. They were outshot 15-3.
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-21-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X