Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

6-0 now early in the 2nd period. 19 shots for Andover...6 goals...Yikes.

7-0 now...Hemp with her first and a 4 point game so far.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-21-2019, 11:59 AM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      6-0 now early in the 2nd period. 19 shots for Andover...6 goals...Yikes.

7-0 now...Hemp with her first and a 4 point game so far.
      7-1 final, shots 38-8. More typical of a Class 1A game than 2A. Hope the rest of today's games are more interesting.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        7-1 final, shots 38-8. More typical of a Class 1A game than 2A. Hope the rest of today's games are more interesting.
        Both games today haven't been that good. Edina will probably crush East Ridge but maybe the later game with Maple Grove and Minnetonka will be competitive.

Comment

Both games today haven't been that good. Edina will probably crush East Ridge but maybe the later game with Maple Grove and Minnetonka will be competitive.
          you have to give the MSHL a lot of credit for turning an exciting tournament into a boring one ever since they went with seeding

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            you have to give the MSHL a lot of credit for turning an exciting tournament into a boring one ever since they went with seeding
            Section 6AA had 3 top 5 teams that should be in this tournament in Wayzata, Blake and Edina. As it has been said by others the section final games are better than the state tournament quarterfinals these days.

Comment

I don't think that's the problem. It's more about parity, meaning the lack thereof. I like the idea of giving the top teams a good chance to advance to the semi's, as opposed to having the No. 2 or 3 team getting knocked out of the tournament by No. 1 right away in the quarterfinals. Better to see the best four teams squaring off in the semi's. But I would concede that with the seeding format you are going to have more blowouts on Day 1 of the tourney. Until we have more parity it's inevitable.

Comment

Hey wait a darn minute there! The Maryland Student Hockey League, while a great admirer of the MSHSL, had nothing to do with the tournament seeding.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I hope Bluffrinkrat is watching tonight and in particular Maggie Nicholson (#14) for Minnetonka. Tall defenseman that is a great skater and can really pass the puck.

Look forward to seeing her with the Gophers in 2020.

Comment

...but maybe the later game with Maple Grove and Minnetonka will be competitive.
                    Good call. An excellent game that after one is tied at 1-1. I like what I see of Tonka D Maggie Nicholson, a junior and Gopher recruit. And UMD's getting a nice player in Mannon McMahon, a Maple Grove senior.

http://prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL

Comment

I hope Bluffrinkrat is watching tonight and in particular Maggie Nicholson (#14) for Minnetonka. Tall defenseman that is a great skater and can really pass the puck.

Look forward to seeing her with the Gophers in 2020.
                      I'm embarrassed to say that I watched the Wild game to see the new guy Ryan Donato play (2 assists, not bad for a Harvard kid). I will watch a replay of the Minnetonka game thanks to the link from D2D and the games tomorrow on TV.

Love those tall defensemen.
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Nicholson looks very good. She certainly put herself in the right spot for a very nice pass from #12 Lacey Martin. Looks like BU will get a good player, too.

Does Minnetonka have much of a chance against the other "rich kids" tonight? The pbp guy said that they have already lost twice to them this year.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                          Nicholson looks very good. She certainly put herself in the right spot for a very nice pass from #12 Lacey Martin. Looks like BU will get a good player, too.

Does Minnetonka have much of a chance against the other "rich kids" tonight? The pbp guy said that they have already lost twice to them this year.
                          Edina's depth will be a problem for them plus I don't think Minnetonka's goalie will hold up under pressure.

Was impressed with how well Minnetonka passed the puck as a team last night compared to Maple Grove (especially #10) who relied on a lot of solo rushes with the puck.
                          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-22-2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            Yes they did lose twice to them, but their last meeting was a one goal game (5-4). I think they have a decent chance to pull the upset, but the odds are not in their favor. I would expect Edina's depth throughout their lineup to give them the edge.

Comment

How was Mound Westonka unbeaten? They are getting destoyed by Breck...5-0 in the first period!

Ahhh. correction 6-0! There is still 6:40 to go in the first period...Shots on goal...19-1.
                              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-22-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

How was Mound Westonka unbeaten?
                                A very weak schedule. #80 out of 117 according to KRACH. Meanwhile, Breck's SOS was #6.

https://www.mghca.com/page/show/4275...edule-rankings

Comment

Working...
                                X