Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Hannah Brandt is #3 on the list of the top 25 Minnesota high school hockey players.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-17-2019, 08:40 AM. Reason: Wendell and Darwitz the next two?
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
      Hannah Brandt is #3 on the list of the top 25 Minnesota high school hockey players.
      https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/1...ccess-follows/
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Girls Hockey No. 2 of 25: Natalie Darwitz was extraordinary at every level

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/1...t-every-level/

(with Darwitz and Wendell to choose from, how could you go wrong?)

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          That accent is "enhanced" by thinner...
          Da men's team sure is not makeing my thinner avoydance an easy theng, fur sure.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Da men's team sure is not makeing my thinner avoydance an easy theng, fur sure.
            Hard to believe both the Minnesota and Wisconsin men's teams have under .500 records.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Hard to believe both the Minnesota and Wisconsin men's teams have under .500 records.
              UM is in rebuild year 1, Motzaball's team should struggle. TG is in year 3, many questions abound.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It was also hard to believe they swept then #2 rated Ohio State in Columbus no less especially after their pathetic effort against Penn State the week before. Losing twice to the Gophers was not kind to Ohio State's ratings I see, now at #6 in the USCHO poll.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-18-2019, 10:35 PM. Reason: Bring Back Don? Maybe not.

Comment

2019 Star Tribune All-Metro Team

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...le/show/995967

No surprise as to who is the Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year.

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...le/show/996213
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

No surprise here either, it's Krissy Wendell.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/1...e-goal-scorer/

Comment

So I read the article on Wendell in the Pioneer Press this morning and noticed the very fine photo of Wendell next to Kelly Stephens who is holding a trophy. The caption reads, "Wendell, left, and teammate Kelly Stephens celebrate with the NCAA championship trophy after the Gophers beat Wisconsin 3-2 in the national championship game on March 6, 2005, at Ridder Arena. Wendell scored the winning goal." Yes she did and it may be the most memorable goal we ever saw her make at Ridder Arena, but it was in the WCHA championship game as the trophy shows. Carla MacLeod had scored twice in the final minute to tie the game and then Wendell crashed the net and scored the winning goal 19 seconds into OT. It may be why the two Gopher greats have such huge smiles in the photo. I also remember a very loud PHEW from the crowd or maybe that was just Jody Horak.

The assists on the final goal went to Stephens and Darwitz, of course. And the two "inadvertent assists" or penalties went to Slusar and Burish in the final 14 seconds of regulation and they may have helped, too.
                      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-19-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

So I read the article on Wendell in the Pioneer Press this morning and noticed the very fine photo of Wendell next to Kelly Stephens who is holding a trophy. The caption reads, "Wendell, left, and teammate Kelly Stephens celebrate with the NCAA championship trophy after the Gophers beat Wisconsin 3-2 in the national championship game on March 6, 2005, at Ridder Arena. Wendell scored the winning goal." Yes she did and it may be the most memorable goal we ever saw her make at Ridder Arena, but it was in the WCHA championship game as the trophy shows.
                        As they say, "you can't make this stuff up"*

I also remember a very loud PHEW from the crowd or maybe that was just Jody Horak.

*unless it's the Pioneer Press, then it's fairly routine

Comment

I wonder if Blake would like to reconsider their move to class AA and move back to class A. Edina is proving to be their kryptonite.
                          Edina appears to be their kryptonite in sections...but they would have destroyed the field in the single A tourney last year and again this year. I think it was/is the right move to opt up. If the state HS league used rankings even somewhat similar to what college hockey does it would feel a little different. Then most likely the latest in the tourney Edina and Blake would play is state semi's. This year Blake was 4 - 0 vs the field in AA (including 2 wins vs #2 Andover). I think that I read somewhere that Blake was 6-0 during the regular season against the 2-5 seeds in the state tourney (not including edina) last season. It is unfortunate that Blake/Wayzata/Forest Lake could not make it to the tourney but it is what it is.

I am sure that Breck is happy that Blake moved up as they have a chance to play for their second title in a row. I think that it is a coin flip as to who wins the game with Warroad but both teams should steamroll their way to the final. Similar with Andover and Edina.

Comment

I wanted to ask a question about Maine recruit Anna LaRose. What are your thoughts on her as a D1 goalie?

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              2019 Star Tribune All-Metro Team

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...le/show/995967

No surprise as to who is the Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year.

https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...le/show/996213
                              A lot of good names left out of that Metro list. Congrats to the girls who made it.
                              Pass the puck

Comment

The Star Tribune comes out with their own Top 23, all listed in one article. A little strange that to make their list each had to play in the State Tournament.

Silver 25: Minnesota's best girls' hockey players on the biggest stage
                                http://www.startribune.com/silver-25...age/506079862/

Comment

Working...
                                X