Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Look at the goalie stats from Quinn Kuntz (Warroad) - undefeated this season, 14 shutouts, 0.60 goals against average...they may as well just drop the award at her house tomorrow. Do her stats say something about the level of competition in the league she plays in, or is she just that good?

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      Look at the goalie stats from Quinn Kuntz (Warroad) - undefeated this season, 14 shutouts, 0.60 goals against average...they may as well just drop the award at her house tomorrow. Do her stats say something about the level of competition in the league she plays in, or is she just that good?
      I don't doubt that she's good, maybe very good, as evidenced by the fact that she's committed to Ohio State. But I strongly suspect that her 14 shutouts and 0.60 GAA can be largely attributed to the team playing in front of her being so much better than the teams they play, the result being that she doesn't face very many quality shots.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Since the Gophers are off this weekend and high school sectional playoffs are in full swing thought I would either go to Parade stadium and check out some games there or another intriguing matchup is Andover vs Elk River/Zimmerman for another look at Andover and Kelsey King with Elk River, a Minnesota State recruit that is one of the state's leading scorers. I would also like to see two freshmen in Claire Enright and Samantha Moehle with Farmingtion as they have a matchup with Lakeville South Tonight.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I don't doubt that she's good, maybe very good, as evidenced by the fact that she's committed to Ohio State. But I strongly suspect that her 14 shutouts and 0.60 GAA can be largely attributed to the team playing in front of her being so much better than the teams they play, the result being that she doesn't face very many quality shots.
          She plays in a weak section. She is very good was recruited over to Warroad from Grand Forks ND. Frank, Morgan are better than her Morgan is another ND transfer. Uncommitted, Definitely a D1 talent. This award is predetermined Frank will win it. You heard it here first.

Comment

The 25 greatest players in Minnesota girls high school hockey so far: Nos. 6-10

From age 40 to about 19 in these five...
            https://www.twincities.com/2019/02/0...-far-nos-6-10/

Comment

• Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
              She plays in a weak section. She is very good was recruited over to Warroad from Grand Forks ND. Frank, Morgan are better than her Morgan is another ND transfer. Uncommitted, Definitely a D1 talent. This award is predetermined Frank will win it. You heard it here first.
              https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/992654

At the 13:50 mark these guys pretty much mention The best goalie in the state but it’s if all ready determined it’s a mute point

Comment

Wound up going to the Andover/Elk River-Zimmerman game and it was quite the game. It went to the 4th overtime until Andover scored the game winner. Megan Jung, one of the 10 Goalie of the Year semi-finalists faced 89 shots and made 85 saves. She was the reason why the game was close. Very impressed with her technique and composure under a lot of pressure. Andover had numerous grade A scoring chances with quite a few of them coming from Andover's first line.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Wound up going to the Andover/Elk River-Zimmerman game and it was quite the game. It went to the 4th overtime until Andover scored the game winner. Megan Jung, one of the 10 Goalie of the Year semi-finalists faced 89 shots and made 85 saves. She was the reason why the game was close. Very impressed with her technique and composure under a lot of pressure. Andover had numerous grade A scoring chances with quite a few of them coming from Andover's first line.
                  Thanks for the report, FHF. Had to be a real heartbreaker for the Elks, especially Megan Jung whose high school career is now over. I'm surprised that she is not committed anywhere; I wonder if she'll play in college?
                  https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/ros...bseason=587205

Comment

Thanks for the report, FHF. Had to be a real heartbreaker for the Elks, especially Megan Jung whose high school career is now over. I'm surprised that she is not committed anywhere; I wonder if she'll play in college?
                    https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/ros...bseason=587205

She is listed in the Lets Play Hockey article as committed to UW-Eau Claire.

https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_article/show/990381

Comment

Had to be a real heartbreaker for the Elks...
                      Committing a roughing penalty while on a 5-on-3 PP? Even if the call is soft, players have to know that referees are looking for a chance to even things up if they can, especially as Andover had been called for four penalties during the OTs and none for the Elks to that point. Losing on the resulting PP had to hurt.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Committing a roughing penalty while on a 5-on-3 PP? Even if the call is soft, players have to know that referees are looking for a chance to even things up if they can, especially as Andover had been called for four penalties during the OTs and none for the Elks to that point. Losing on the resulting PP had to hurt.
                        Were you there?

The two calls on Andover were not very good, especially the second one on Jamie Nelson. I think most of the fans thought the interference penalty was going to be on Elk River. With two of the best players off for Andover I think there was a bit of frustration on Elk River's part that they couldn't put the puck in the net on the 5-on-3. The penalty on Elk River was the most obvious penalty of the three.

Elk River had a couple of very good chances to win the game in overtime but Andover had so many more and it was really the goaltender for Elk River/Zimmerman that made the game go as long as it did.

Really a fun game to watch as a neutral observer.

Comment

Were you there?
                          No. I was just commenting on committing a penalty while enjoying a 2-skater advantage. Especially something like a rough, that isn't like a hook or interference than can be a good penalty in certain circumstances.

I agree that those section games are often some of the best hockey to watch, better than the state tourney games at times.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Would love to be at some games tonight just can't swing it. Scoreboard watching anyway.

Best I can find:

6AA Semifinal - Blake leading Cretin Derham Hall 5-1 after 2 periods

3AA final - East Ridge leading Eagan 1-0 after the first period

6AA semifinal later - Edina vs Wazata matchup will be after the Blake\CDH game.

Update:

6AA semifinal - Final score...Blake defeats CDH 7-1

3AA final - Final score...East Ridge defeats Eagan 2-0 to become the First AA team to go to State.

6AA Semifinal - Final Score...Edina defeats Wazata 4-2. Sets up a great matchup with Blake in the section final Friday at 7PM

7A final Proctor-Hermantown defeats Duluth Marshall 3-1 to punch their ticket to State.
                            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-13-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Going to watch Andover has proven to be very exciting...

Sectional final tonight with Forest Lake is another overtime game with the caveat that Andover scored the tying goal with about 13 seconds left in the 3rd period and won 23 seconds into the overtime!

Comment

Going to watch Andover has proven to be very exciting...

Sectional final tonight with Forest Lake is another overtime game with the caveat that Andover scored the tying goal with about 13 seconds left in the 3rd period and won 23 seconds into the overtime!
                                That does sound like an exciting finish. Forest Lake has to be crushed, so close.

Comment

Working...
                                X