This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #174: Spring Cleaning

Ready for round 2. Off to Hayden/Steamboat Springs and back.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Yes, this is most definitely a Tuesday. Mav, I will reply later tonight. Can't do it right now.
      No worries I figured as much. Hope the rest of the day goes better.

*slides over a martini*
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        *slides over a martini*
        Heads up lodgers... looks like Mavsy's hittin' on Scarlet!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          9:30am and it's DEFINITELY Tuesday......
          It was Tuesday well before 9:30. It has been Tuesday since Sunday when they announced the early game.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Hey y'all.

Alright Boston folk, we're looking at hotels and whatnot for Boston, as we want to be ready to pull the trigger in a couple of weeks if the Mavericks qualify. When you guys get a chance, I'd appreciate a little help. I've never been to the Northeast, and my dad has only been to Boston twice, both on business and all set up for.Any suggestions? Is it crazy to stay within a mile of the arena due to the prices of the hotels? Do we rent a car? (I'm leaning towards no just based on what I've read here) Thinking of flying in early Thursday to Sunday to save on the hotel. Thanks in advance!!
            I agree with mookie that you should try and stay downtown. You don't need to stay at a high end place but there are plenty of hotels in Boston close to MBTA lines. There are also hotels close by in Cambridge or Brookline. You don't need to stay within a mile of the Garden, The TD Garden is literally above the North Station stop on the T.

Boston is a very walkable city, plus getting a taxi to and from the arena if you are staying somewhere in the city is also an easy idea. Parking is very expensive so unless you have any specific plans to travel/sightsee outside the city, you don't need one. So, that's one savings.

Flying in on Thursday shouldn't be an issue. The first semi final is at 5 so depending on when your flight would get in, you need to plan for getting to whatever hotel you're staying at, and then getting to the Garden.

Mind you, it's a regular work day so any traveling around the city will happen during the afternoon commute.

If you want to start researching and need to know where a certain hotel is located, etc, just post. Between myself, mookie and even les, we should be able to help!

Comment

I hear rumors that some schools still play hockey after spring begins. Is that true?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I agree with mookie that you should try and stay downtown. You don't need to stay at a high end place but there are plenty of hotels in Boston close to MBTA lines. There are also hotels close by in Cambridge or Brookline. You don't need to stay within a mile of the Garden, The TD Garden is literally above the North Station stop on the T.

Boston is a very walkable city, plus getting a taxi to and from the arena if you are staying somewhere in the city is also an easy idea. Parking is very expensive so unless you have any specific plans to travel/sightsee outside the city, you don't need one. So, that's one savings.

Flying in on Thursday shouldn't be an issue. The first semi final is at 5 so depending on when your flight would get in, you need to plan for getting to whatever hotel you're staying at, and then getting to the Garden.

Mind you, it's a regular work day so any traveling around the city will happen during the afternoon commute.

If you want to start researching and need to know where a certain hotel is located, etc, just post. Between myself, mookie and even les, we should be able to help!
                All this. I wouldn't get a car. Parking is ridiculous. there are no parking secrets anymore, they have taken out all the on street parking in a huge radius. (this is going to be a real issue for us on Friday for the early game GRRRRRRRR!!!)

Cambridge is right across the Bridge. Mr les' team stays there. It was walkable even when lil was lil.

Comment

Back to work tomorrow night. Where did the past 2 weeks go?! Atleast it was a very busy stretch, I've missed being in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    All this. I wouldn't get a car. Parking is ridiculous. there are no parking secrets anymore, they have taken out all the on street parking in a huge radius. (this is going to be a real issue for us on Friday for the early game GRRRRRRRR!!!)

Cambridge is right across the Bridge. Mr les' team stays there. It was walkable even when lil was lil.
                    the place where DL is staying (fairfield inn) for example is probably a 20-30 min walk to the rink, or an 6 minutes T ride with 5 min walk. there is a hampton inn right next to it.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                      We'll probably see you Saturday night. Decided the trip to Detroit just isn't worth it.
                      I hope you've got tickets already. It's sold out except for SRO's that will go on sale on Saturday.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        Heads up lodgers... looks like Mavsy's hittin' on Scarlet!
                        He's doing it wrong.

Hey Scarlet, I forgo my allegiance to the Gophers, and will become a willing donor to BU hockey, and cheer for them no matter what. Martinis are just bonus. And F BC.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I hope you've got tickets already. It's sold out except for SRO's that will go on sale on Saturday.
                              So, the website lied? It said tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow. Nice...
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                He's doing it wrong.

Hey Scarlet, I forgo my allegiance to the Gophers, and will become a willing donor to BU hockey, and cheer for them no matter what. Martinis are just bonus. And F BC.

NOw if this were the only thing you typed.....

how much of a happy dance happened when they were eliminated by VT?? Bonus- Bro les lives in Vt and is married to UVMer

Comment

Working...
                                X