Comment

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #174: Spring Cleaning

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      *looks at calendar*
      Is it Tuesday? It feels like a Tuesday!
      *sees that it's Thursday and shudders*
      *slides Scarlet a martini*
      *backs away slowly*
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        An Edina player taunting the Burnsville student section on a goal to make it 10-1 sums up those cake eaters quite well.

(I did say little, no?)
        You do know it's a rivalry, right? Back when my kid was a squirt he first heard certain words used in earnest when he played Burnsville. And what we heard from the parents was worse. I truly expected to see more trailer parks in B-Ville given how those parents behave (or misbehave). They are not in the same conference, but the kids all played a lot growing up in D6.

And little it was, as expected.

Comment

I just tried to find the times of the NCAA regionals so I can determine if I need to take time to fly, etc. I have the days, just not the game times. And for some reason, NCAA.com is blocked here at work. That makes my eyes roll but also makes me laugh.

Comment

I just tried to find the times of the NCAA regionals so I can determine if I need to take time to fly, etc. I have the days, just not the game times. And for some reason, NCAA.com is blocked here at work. That makes my eyes roll but also makes me laugh.
            why would you fly to providence?!?!?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              why would you fly to providence?!?!?
              Well, I think it would be faster! I have a 12 noon bridal shower that Saturday. If BU has the East or Northeast regional with Sat/Sun games, what times are the games? Because I could do both. If they have the Fri/Sat and lose Friday, I won't have to worry now, will I? If they go to either Fargo or South Bend, I won't make the shower. Depends on where they get seeded and where the games are once the seedings happen. I have plans mookie!!! Jeez. Plus, I have already put in for taking that Friday off. If I need to make it Monday, I would like to know. I am a busy person!!!!!!

ETA: Also, to counteract any jinx I may have just placed on them, I am fully aware if they lose both games this weekend and fail to make it to the Garden for the HE tournament, this may not even be an issue.

Comment

Well, I think it would be faster! I have a 12 noon bridal shower that Saturday. If BU has the East or Northeast regional with Sat/Sun games, what times are the games? Because I could do both. If they have the Fri/Sat and lose Friday, I won't have to worry now, will I? If they go to either Fargo or South Bend, I won't make the shower. Depends on where they get seeded and where the games are once the seedings happen. I have plans mookie!!! Jeez. Plus, I have already put in for taking that Friday off. If I need to make it Monday, I would like to know. I am a busy person!!!!!!

ETA: Also, to counteract any jinx I may have just placed on them, I am fully aware if they lose both games this weekend and fail to make it to the Garden for the HE tournament, this may not even be an issue.
                bu ain't goin to no fargo nor no south bend

Comment

YOU can say that. I can't. Because, you know, #OppositeGirl. I need to be prepared for all instances.

Comment

Fargo sucks at this time if year. Actually, Fargo sucks at any time of year...

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      You do know it's a rivalry, right? Back when my kid was a squirt he first heard certain words used in earnest when he played Burnsville. And what we heard from the parents was worse. I truly expected to see more trailer parks in B-Ville given how those parents behave (or misbehave). They are not in the same conference, but the kids all played a lot growing up in D6.

And little it was, as expected.
                      So because it's a rivalry and there is past history you're okay with it? If that kid plays on my team he's benched immediately, he gets an earful, and I'm apologizing to the other coach. It's a lack of respect and extremely arrogant. I say win and lose with class. Respect your opponents and fear none of them. More importantly, represent your teammates, school, and community with humility and class. How many youth players watched that happen, thought it was cool, or laughed about it?

If a kid scores a game winner or a go ahead goal in a game and celebrates in front of another student section more power to him. It's high school athletics and it's ultimately about making memories and having the time of your life with the kids you've grown up with.*

Yes, I'd say the same thing if it were a Burnsville kid scoring the 10th goal of the game on Edina as well.

*I have no problem with the score at 10-1 either, presuming top line guys weren't going every other shift or whatever. If you're roling four lines and scoring goals, I have no issues; so long as its done respectfully. (Put it in the net, give your buddy a fist bump if you want, and hit the face off dot. You only get so many chances to play and particularly during playoff time there's no time to develop bad habits and correct them. Additionally, the kids work extremely hard to be the best they can; why 'punish' them for being better than a team?
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good god almighty!!! Mookie has 4 wide going in his bed tonight

Comment

After figuring out the abortion of radio coverage due to the OT bouncyball game...HHT. Me likey.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            Fargo sucks at this time if year. Actually, Fargo sucks at any time of year...
                            Actually this weekend is a fantastic one to be in Fargo.. The Squirt International 64 Team Tournament is there this weekend.
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X