Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Cardinal and White Wizard

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXII: No Where To Go But Up!

Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    This doesn't surprise me. I hate having to open my coat to show the rent-a-security guys that I am not hiding something under my coat. Even my kids have too open theres and swing it open. What a joke, much like the team this year. A coat and a zippered fleece, open both. There not checking coats and pockets, so any one smart wont be hanging flasks, whatever from inside the coat, just put it in a pocket. They do less checking at a brewer game with 30k people.
    What's funny about the security, as a fan a job I actually want them to do is to keep people from going to their seats while the game is going. I always respect others by waiting, but a lot of people don't give a **** about anyone else and just wander to their seat right in the middle of the action. Funny they are so worried about what I might bring in, but not about the quality of my experience through simple measures. I think this depends upon the section you are in, but some of these security people are completely useless.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWisco View Post
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

The plural of anecdote is not data

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    What's funny about the security, as a fan a job I actually want them to do is to keep people from going to their seats while the game is going. I always respect others by waiting, but a lot of people don't give a **** about anyone else and just wander to their seat right in the middle of the action. Funny they are so worried about what I might bring in, but not about the quality of my experience through simple measures. I think this depends upon the section you are in, but some of these security people are completely useless.
    Agreed. I remember remarking how well the security at the Xcel handled people returning to their seats during the regional a few years back.
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

#1 Badger Fan

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. I have thought about bringing it up a few weeks earlier. The ushers/security are completely worthless. When I go to a game I don't want to keep standing up and sitting down because people can't hold their bladder or have to get a pretzel in the middle of a period or half. It's ridiculous.

I always wait at the top, even though the security don't stop you. Not surprisingly, people just push right past you down the stairs. At the Ralph in North Dakota, the security there held people till a stoppage which was nice.
    Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-24-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Gurtholfin

When I go to a game I don't want to keep standing up and sitting down because people can't hold their bladder or have to get a pretzel in the middle of a period or half. It's ridiculous.

Wait... so people should never get up during a period or half?

I fully agree (and observe) that folks need to wait for a stoppage, but if you get that annoyed with people getting up, you'd probably be happier at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Wait... so people should never get up during a period or half?

I fully agree (and observe) that folks need to wait for a stoppage, but if you get that annoyed with people getting up, you'd probably be happier at home.
    I don't have an issue w/ people moving about during the period, just NOT while the game is going on. If people were smart (which is generally asking a lot) they would wait until the regular TV timeouts where there is going to be a solid amount of time the game is stopped.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

I love this, adding it to my signature for the rest of the season!

Teaching you how to Bucky.

$63,000 a year for a suite and yet there's not one brand of scotch available any civilized person would drink.

What the ****, Barry?!
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Gurtholfin

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    $63,000 a year for a suite and yet there's not one brand of scotch available any civilized person would drink.

What the ****, Barry?!

The liquor selections in the suite are an embarrassment. Without question.

People moving around during the action is an annoyance at MSU as well. The worst is when you get some turd who does not understand how sections and rows work so they stand in your line of site for about 15 seconds while helplessly looking around for their seats.

Smoking in the selection room. XYZ's Avatar

I was told by a reliable source that Phil's signs now STAY at the Kohl Center; he can't bring them in and out anymore. He has to go somewhere and sign off for them each game and then bring them back.
    I've heard a lot of dumb things in my time but this one ranks right up there. A fan as loyal and reliable as that is someone who should be catered to, not treated as if he's toting a Kalashnikov around the barn. In the next attempt to do everything an administration should not do, some khaki and polo wearing struntz will probably propose replacing banners with an electronic ring of honor. Oh, wait.
    "Yeah, because Iím the genius marketer, not a code freak like you guys. Besides, Iím wearing sandals so I am iconoclasting a little bit."

Let's go RED!

I was told by a reliable source that Phil's signs now STAY at the Kohl Center; he can't bring them in and out anymore. He has to go somewhere and sign off for them each game and then bring them back.

He is a dangerous man after all: has the ability to get crowds to follow him.
    So he has 2 sets, one for the men and one for the women? It would not surprise me with the anal anti-fun police at the door.

Speaking of anti-fun police, at a women's game earlier this year we got yelled at for pounding the glass. We were told it was dangerous. I was in such shock I could not respond. It has not happened since, getting yelled at anyway. I have a response ready now....

Speaking of pounding the glass, I recall at a PSU game ALL the glass was being pounded at some point in the game.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Honestly, doesn't it just seem simpler all around for both Phil and security to just keep the numbers at the KC? Does it have to be The Man keeping Phil down?

Speaking of The Man...

A $63,000 suite comes with 16 tickets but only THREE parking passes. What's up with that, Barry? Do you think I'm freaking made of Escalades?
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Smoking in the selection room. XYZ's Avatar

Honestly, doesn't it just seem simpler all around for both Phil and security to just keep the numbers at the KC? Does it have to be The Man keeping Phil down?
    Please rephrase question so it isn't a non sequitur.
    "Yeah, because Iím the genius marketer, not a code freak like you guys. Besides, Iím wearing sandals so I am iconoclasting a little bit."

A $63,000 suite
    Out of curiosity what does this dollar figure include? Use of the suite for every event at the Kohl Center? Or just hockey? Are food and beverage extra costs or included?

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
    Please rephrase question so it isn't a non sequitur.
    The KC has a policy against signs that nobody likes, but it's the policy. Rather than have each gate security person be able to identify Phil on sight, or have Phil explain his signs are within the rules, or exempted, ( I don't know as I haven't measured Phil's signs, but I think they are within the rules) Or have a mix up and have Phil try to explain who he is to security, (something I really doubt he wants to do) or have a guy in line behind Phil saying "How come he gets a sign and I don't?! ATTICA! ATTICA!" every game... perhaps it's simply less hassle for everyone including Phil to keep Phil's numbers at the KC. Also he doesn't have to ever wonder if he remembered them.

That could certainly be wrong, but it seems a reasonable alternative explanation.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Out of curiosity what does this dollar figure include? Use of the suite for every event at the Kohl Center? Or just hockey? Are food and beverage extra costs or included?
    Use of the suite for pretty much any event, 16 tickets to Men's and Women's BB and Men's Hockey, food and beverages are a la carte, and it's a minimum 3 year commitment to lease.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Gurtholfin

The KC has a policy against signs that nobody likes, but it's the policy. Rather than have each gate security person be able to identify Phil on sight, or have Phil explain his signs are within the rules, or exempted, ( I don't know as I haven't measured Phil's signs, but I think they are within the rules) Or have a mix up and have Phil try to explain who he is to security, (something I really doubt he wants to do) or have a guy in line behind Phil saying "How come he gets a sign and I don't?! ATTICA! ATTICA!" every game... perhaps it's simply less hassle for everyone including Phil to keep Phil's numbers at the KC. Also he doesn't have to ever wonder if he remembered them.

That could certainly be wrong, but it seems a reasonable alternative explanation.

Solid points.

I thinks its Eaves fault! Or they could ask a local rink manager how he handled security

Oh nevermind, I am just ignorant, carry on.
    Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-26-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

I heard from someone in the ticket office that they have offered him tickets to do what he does, but he refused to not pay for his tickets. Instead, they dropped any convenience fees or processing charges or whatever you want to call those things.

Thread Information