Middlebury hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middlebury hockey

Cudos to MIDDLEBURY Mens Hockey team. Beating PLATTSBURGH and NORWICH. Unfortunately it wasn't such a great weekend being a PBURGH men's hockey fan.

Re: Middlebury hockey

Indeed, what a weekend, reminiscent of the last decade! Folks at the two games, what did you see? Midd out-hustle the others? Does Midd finally have a top-tier goaltender? How did Midd reign in the Norwich offense (it was a friggin' shutout!)

Comment

Kudos to Middlebury, but reality is Plattsburgh is NOT firing on all cylinders (in automotive terms, they spent they weekend in "limp mode").
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Kudos to Middlebury, but reality is Plattsburgh is NOT firing on all cylinders (in automotive terms, they spent they weekend in "limp mode").
        No such excuse for Norwich though, coming off of an absolute blowout of an improved St. Mike's. Middlebury didn't allow Norwich to get anything going. A good weekend for the NESCAC as a whole.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
          No such excuse for Norwich though, coming off of an absolute blowout of an improved St. Mike's. Middlebury didn't allow Norwich to get anything going. A good weekend for the NESCAC as a whole.
          No excuse for Plattsburgh either - it is problem the TEAM needs to fix - they have the parts - they need to get them in working order.
          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

They'll get it back. Played hard Saturday night and showed some grit.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
              They'll get it back. Played hard Saturday night and showed some grit.
              Of that I have no doubt.
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Wow, Midd with its own thread.....that hasn't been the case for years, back when Middmike was posting.
                Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                  Wow, Midd with its own thread.....that hasn't been the case for years, back when Middmike was posting.
                  They have earned it
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

They have earned it
                    Well, one great weekend, but I am not so sure they wouldn't have preferred the two wins to be against Trinity and Williams to get them 4 points and closer to home ice in the NESCAC tournament? They get no points by beating Plattsburgh and Norwich, but nonetheless, it must feel real good after long losing streaks against both teams.
                    Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Well, one great weekend, but I am not so sure they wouldn't have preferred the two wins to be against Trinity and Williams to get them 4 points and closer to home ice in the NESCAC tournament? They get no points by beating Plattsburgh and Norwich, but nonetheless, it must feel real good after long losing streaks against both teams.
                      That is true, if not for the rivalry, they would likely trade both ones for 1 against a league contender.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I think what they got out of the two wins was probably more valuable to them than the 4 points. They now know that they are capable of winning against top-flight competition. I don't think they had the confidence to do that before, plus they have been snakebit for awhile in not getting the bounces, missing open nets, etc. They are a much better team than .500 in NESCAC as we will see in the coming weeks. Another thing I noticed at the Norwich game was the willingness of their defensemen to block shots and give up the body for their netminder. Speaking of which, Klein is no small part of the team's new confidence in itself. GO BLUE!

Comment

I've got to say I thought the ability of the Panthers to win one (let alone both) of these games was a thing of the past. Yes, the team is doing the little things now. But I think Klein is the reason for the resurgence. I've seen some woeful goaltending in Midd for the last several years. They're a physically small team with not a lot of firepower, but they're back in the conversation. Good for Coach Beaney, one of the class acts (win or lose). Tip of the hat to the Panthers.

Comment

Never thought I'd see the day... that a Middlebury Thread would be started by a Cardinal fan, and supported so well in a complimentary manner by Platty and Wick fans! I guess that no one really wants to see their long time rivals reduced to the point where beating them is meaningless!
                            I agree that Klein is a big factor, but I'm proud of the whole squad. Great effort all around over the weekend. Hoping that the confidence gained will carry through the tough NESCAC schedule ahead.
                            from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                              Never thought I'd see the day... that a Middlebury Thread would be started by a Cardinal fan, and supported so well in a complimentary manner by Platty and Wick fans! I guess that no one really wants to see their long time rivals reduced to the point where beating them is meaningless!
                              I agree that Klein is a big factor, but I'm proud of the whole squad. Great effort all around over the weekend. Hoping that the confidence gained will carry through the tough NESCAC schedule ahead.
                              A spade is a spade
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X